Default OT: "Magic: L.A. Ready For NFL Team"

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/s...next-two-years
    Basketball Hall of Famer Magic Johnson says Los Angeles is ready for the return of an NFL team.

And he thinks it will happen soon, according to Yahoo! Sports.
    More here
    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/s...next-two-years

Discuss your thoughts on the possibility of an NFL team in LA. What are the benefits of this? What are the downsides?

shhhhhhh

Default Re: OT: Magic: L.A. ready for NFL team

I use to be a huge NFL fan but I've got so used to not having a pro team I really don't care, when the Rams left I pretty much left the NFL... I probably wouldn't watch if it did come back, too may other things to do/watch on TV, my tastes have changed

We have two great college football teams (i'm an avid USC fan) here in town which I enjoy following, there's obviously the Lakers which I never miss and two solid baseball teams which I rarely watch on TV but i do enjoy going to the games and that's enough...

Although I like football a lot more than hockey, NFL football has joined Hockey as a sport I don't follow. At the most I watch a couple playoff games a year if there's a good story behind the game and the Superbowl

Local High School Star EllEffEll's Avatar

Default Re: OT: Magic: L.A. ready for NFL team

Somebody has been saying that just about every year ever since the Raiders bailed.

Whatever revenue the league has lost by not having a team in LA could very well have been offset by constantly using the possibility of moving a team to LA to coerce taxpayers in other cities around the league to pay for stadiums so the NFL can reap the benefits.

In return, the teams hire many from the local communities to serve in such prestigious roles as ushers, parking lot attendants, janitors, and peanut vendors.

As it is, NFL fans in Los Angeles can watch games from all around the league. AFAIC, the NFL can come back to LA when they are ready to pay their own way to be here (to fleece us). They need us more than we need them. With so many people here from other parts of the country anyway, I just don't see LA going bonkers over their own team anyway. IDGAF if they ever come back