Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Knicks trade and acquire Travis Outlaw And Quincy Acy

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Reminder. Believe any sales pitch you hear. It worked w you and soetoro right? Bargnani wouldn't have got amnestied because he had trade value. That was proven. And even if that story (which was thrown out there to push the interested teams into action) was true then the Knicks could not have gotten him.

Bargnani will earn his keep if healthy and will be much better player than pick 20

Of course that doesn't fit in the wait 2-3 years before trying theory you are so in love with. People like you deserve a team built around cole Aldrich and Tim hard away jr. Oh yeah and the superstar gift coming in 2-3 years. But does that mean everybody deserves a losing mentality? Same as how you deserve what is happening w your boy Obama because you live in theory, but our whole country? We all deserve what the gullible, the stupid, the illegals, the gays, and the lazy want?

Knicks fans. Hope, change, watch out for 2018

Epic meltdown. Keep that shit for the main forum, please.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Reminder. Believe any sales pitch you hear. It worked w you and soetoro right? Bargnani wouldn't have got amnestied because he had trade value. That was proven. And even if that story (which was thrown out there to push the interested teams into action) was true then the Knicks could not have gotten him.
    Answer this one question....

Name how many reported amnesty candidates that didnt get amnestied?

As for his value, there was two known trades for him outside of ours....

D-Lee which GS denied, and Carlos Boozer.

Notice how both players make more and one has an even longer deal.

If thats value...it's negative value.

Krust Kingz

I dont take these diatribes seriously because most of what he wrote isnt related to me. My political and religious views are never expressed on the intranet. Also I dont go at people throats any more its counterproductive. I will mess with Franchize, DAO King, Knickcity because they are sharp swords and I cant keep mine sharp unless you mess with the best!

The facts are the facts and Bargs is what he is...

Nothing Gringos can write will change the fact that this guy is not a smart player nor can kinetically translate what little talent he has left onto the floor.

But look at my history. If this guy is in a Knick uniform I want him to stay healthy and do well. You can search this forum and will see that I do feel the price paid for him and return on the court doesnt mesh. The guy isnt that good anymore.

BUT... I repeatidly said.... If he can get back to what he was 4 years ago then the Knicks got something going. He just hasnt done it. If he is in uniform though my sentiments will remain the same and that goes with every player. His situation is similar to Stat in my eyes. We need that guy from 4 years ago to have a great to very good year.

Maybe the Triangle can revitalize these 2 guys. I will tote the company line in support of the Knicks players.

Gringos doesnt understand the NBA or business. You cant give away assets on dumb moves just because it can be done. There has to be a plan and smart investment to get the greatest return. If you stay flexible you can take advantage of great opportunities in the future.

No one is adverse to making a trade or moves but it cant be for any players that doesnt move the team into contention. This is the key.

Bargnani will earn his keep if healthy and will be much better player than pick 20

Of course that doesn't fit in the wait 2-3 years before trying theory you are so in love with. People like you deserve a team built around cole Aldrich and Tim hard away jr. Oh yeah and the superstar gift coming in 2-3 years. But does that mean everybody deserves a losing mentality? Same as how you deserve what is happening w your boy Obama because you live in theory, but our whole country? We all deserve what the gullible, the stupid, the illegals, the gays, and the lazy want?

Knicks fans. Hope, change, watch out for 2018
    Last edited by Rameek; 08-20-2014 at 11:09 AM.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

To me, evaluating Bargs and Amare is simple. They will NEVER be what they used to be. I just hope they're healthy enough to contribute something. I don't see them factoring in our long term plans so I honestly am no longer even hopeful for them to try and turn back the clock. If we can get 30 points and 15 rebounds out of the combination of them, I think it helps make us a respectable team and I think that's all we can ask for at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    I dont take these diatribes seriously because most of what he wrote isnt related to me. My political and religious views are never expressed on the intranet. Also I dont go at people throats any more its counterproductive. I will mess with Franchize, DAO King, Knickcity because they are sharp swords and I cant keep mine sharp unless you mess with the best!

The facts are the facts and Bargs is what he is...

Nothing Gringos can write will change the fact that this guy is not a smart player nor can kinetically translate what little talent he has left onto the floor.

But look at my history. If this guy is in a Knick uniform I want him to stay healthy and do well. You can search this forum and will see that I do feel the price paid for him and return on the court doesnt mesh. The guy isnt that good anymore.

BUT... I repeatidly said.... If he can get back to what he was 4 years ago then the Knicks got something going. He just hasnt done it. If he is in uniform though my sentiments will remain the same and that goes with every player. His situation is similar to Stat in my eyes. We need that guy from 4 years ago to have a great to very good year.

Maybe the Triangle can revitalize these 2 guys. I will tote the company line in support of the Knicks players.

Gringos doesnt understand the NBA or business. You cant give away assets on dumb moves just because it can be done. There has to be a plan and smart investment to get the greatest return. If you stay flexible you can take advantage of great opportunities in the future.

No one is adverse to making a trade or moves but it cant be for any players that doesnt move the team into contention. This is the key.
    Damn I wish I had the god of business's help today. No wait , double talking flip flipping, living in theory? No it's actual business today, I guess I don't need the help. Liberal bs doesn't really fly in the real world in in anyway.

You would better serve yourself by staying away from evaluating talent. Stick with theory of business and basketball

Krust Kingz

Damn I wish I had the god of business's help today. No wait , double talking flip flipping, living in theory? No it's actual business today, I guess I don't need the help. Liberal bs doesn't really fly in the real world in in anyway.

You would better serve yourself by staying away from evaluating talent. Stick with theory of business and basketball
    Not one person you have asked the knicks to trade for is talented though. But its simple business though. If you dump your assets to acquire Mayo, Ersan, Sanders, Smith this team isnt a contender. Knicks add Bargs they go no where. So you blow your chips on guys that makes you marginally better if that.

Thats that old way of thinking and its gotten the Knicks nowhere.

Long story short the Knicks need Bargs to be better to make himself more desirable as an expirer. So I hope he goes ape shit!

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    Not one person you have asked the knicks to trade for is talented though. But its simple business though. If you dump your assets to acquire Mayo, Ersan, Sanders, Smith this team isnt a contender. Knicks add Bargs they go no where. So you blow your chips on guys that makes you marginally better if that.

Thats that old way of thinking and its gotten the Knicks nowhere.

Long story short the Knicks need Bargs to be better to make himself more desirable as an expirer. So I hope he goes ape shit!
    Wait I thought you said exporters don't have big value anymore and that trading an expirer is dumb compared to letting him expire??? What gives?

And then assests? Are you really thinking hard away jr, Larkin, and Amare are the assets?

Krust Kingz

Wait I thought you said exporters don't have big value anymore and that trading an expirer is dumb compared to letting him expire??? What gives?

And then assests? Are you really thinking hard away jr, Larkin, and Amare are the assets?
    They dont have big value but having this guy on the team doesnt make this team much better. But if he shows he can be a stretch 4 in the triangle someone else maybe would want to give the Knicks something of value in another position.

The assets the Knicks currently have are expirers. The one thing good about the Triangle and Motion offense is the players can have an opportunity to shine and it may increase their value.