Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Default Re: Andrew Bogut or Andrew Bynum

bynum has an unbelievable big body ... he is in the catagory of Shaq when it comes to meer size.
    That along keeps guys out of the board area as well as posting him up is a real challenge.

Bogut is the more athletic player , and because of his history in college as well as all the years in the pro's ... he has several low post moves as well as an exceptional passer , people over look.

If Bynum gets 100% healthy he could be a very good shot blocker .. but I don't think it's going to happen.

Bogut has already schooled himself how to do it , and has become a beast.
    He is ranked 2nd behind Howard.

Bogut by a land slide ... and remember he has played at least 4 years with back issues , neck issues , migrains as well as his last year injury broken wrists and dislocated elbow.

If you look at centers not just in the east but the whole league , Bogut is easily ranked in the top 4.

I rule the local playground strike's Avatar

id rather have bogut on the lakers right now, PURELY because you dont know how long Bynum will play!

If both are fully fit for one full season, and play the same minutes, id pick Bynum

Very good NBA starter

Though I think Bogut has been very underrated over the past couple years... I think Bynum could be better than him eventually / if he stays healthy.

With all that said. Bogut.

Healthy Bynum over Bogut any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    Healthy Bynum over Bogut any day.
    That's like saying the Loch Ness Monster over Bogut any day.

Sure he is big and would dominate around the basket - but does he really exist?

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

Bogut for me, even if Bynum was healthy. Bogut is quicker, a better rebounder, and has a bigger impact on defense due to his excellent help defense ability. Bynum is probably as good of a man defender as Bogut, maybe. But his help defense isn't nearly as good imo. Bynum has better offensive moves, but I think Bogut's defense has a bigger impact. I've seen him really take over games defensively and completely close out the paint in an almost Mutmbo-esque fashion. Not quite that good, but he's shown flashes of it.

Of course, when you factor health, I'd easily take Bogut. Bynum seems really injury prone. Hope he turns that around since he's a fun player to watch sometimes.

Banned

The white Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Borat
    That's like saying the Loch Ness Monster over Bogut any day.

Sure he is big and would dominate around the basket - but does he really exist?
    I am convinced.

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Once Bogut's arm is a 100% and he can score again, Bogut, and by quite a bit. Bynum's great, but he's nowhere near the passer Bogut is and not as smart a defender. Bogut's basically the player that Kahn thinks Darko is or can be.

Banned

andrew.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    lol..Bynum sucks. Healthy or not.
    Never understood why trolls bother coming in threads and posting BS.

Banned

If Bynum stays healthy for the next 3-5years then I think he'll become better than Bogut but at this point of time i'd take Bogut. IMO he's the clear cut 2nd best C in the league

bynum but hes never healthy

andrew's touch around the basket is much better than bogut's imo, but bogut blocks without fouling and rebounds much better than bynum. seeing as though bynum's knees won't last much longer, i'd take bogut

Good college starter Nash-tastic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper
    bynum has an unbelievable big body ... he is in the catagory of Shaq when it comes to meer size.
    That along keeps guys out of the board area as well as posting him up is a real challenge.

Bogut is the more athletic player , and because of his history in college as well as all the years in the pro's ... he has several low post moves as well as an exceptional passer , people over look.

If Bynum gets 100% healthy he could be a very good shot blocker .. but I don't think it's going to happen.

Bogut has already schooled himself how to do it , and has become a beast.
    He is ranked 2nd behind Howard.

Bogut by a land slide ... and remember he has played at least 4 years with back issues , neck issues , migrains as well as his last year injury broken wrists and dislocated elbow.

If you look at centers not just in the east but the whole league , Bogut is easily ranked in the top 4.
    Great Post I actually ranked Bogut as the 2nd best C in the league