Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default One thing I think Conservatives/Republicans are full of shit on...

So I'm sure some of you have already heard of the poaching of Cecil the Lion

Here's a picture of Cecil

Here's the douchebag dentist that killed him

He's a Big Game Hunter, so he's killed before

And finally, here's the story:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/28/africa...e-lion-killed/

So here's my gripe. I've heard nothing but disdain towards people who are against the dentist by the likes of Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, etc. They immediately want to bring up the killing of fetuses and how Liberals cry more for a lion than they do a fetus. Now while I partially agree on the Liberal hypocrisy there, I strongly disagree that the life of an animal is any less important than that of a human being. Especially for the reason that this guy kills these animals for. Simply for sport. Sure, killing an animal for food or to feed a village is a different story, but some of these hunters "legally" kill just for sport under the guise of conservation. Park officials are now saying that Cecil's family is in danger now of being killed by another male lion who wants to take over the pride.

I could see the connection that some Conservatives will make with regards to guns, and how they could possibly assume that an attack on the hunter is an attack on guns. No, there is a difference. You can be the biggest pro-gun advocate, but you could also be against big game hunting. I also think this is the misconception about Conservatives out there as I'm sure there are misconceptions about Liberals as well. You can be a Conservative, and be the biggest nature lover out there as well. Case and point.

Just my two cents. R.I.P. Cecil.
    Last edited by Patrick Chewing; 07-29-2015 at 10:49 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default Re: One thing I think Conservatives/Republicans are full of shit on...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    You can be the biggest pro-gun advocate, but you could also be against big game hunting.
    You can also be for big game hunting, but be against illegal poaching strategies. I know my father would be.

Wait, so what is my argument again?

Isn't dat da dad from heroes doe?

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    You can also be for big game hunting, but be against illegal poaching strategies. I know my father would be.

Which is very true. There is big game hunting for conservation purposes. At least that's what they say. I guess I can get behind that if it's for a greater good. But to see someone take a giant African elephant down and then high-five the guy next to him is quite disturbing.

I've grown up hunting/fishing all my life and still do every year, but it was for always eating the meat and never wasting anything. I never agreed with killing a big game animal especially if its damn near extinct. If its becoming a nuisance and destroying property or harming people than sure take that sum bitch out, but if not leave it be if you're just going to take it for the fur or tusks. FOH with that shit.

Local High School Star HitandRun Reggie's Avatar

The guy is European and is he even conservative?

Besides many major hunting groups in the US have condemned this guy and the way he killed the lion. They lured it out of the park, just so they could legally kill it. There's hunting, then there's killing basically a pet with a name.

agreed

also feel like the corruption/overall shittiness of mugabe's zimbabwe has a part to do with this.

Banned

GOD gave man dominion over beasts. Suck it pu$$y.

Banned

Stop it. Just stop it. This is all a publicity stunt on your behalf. It's an act. You don't actually care about animals. If you did, you wouldn't be a climate change skeptic.

Dudes who like killing creatures for "sport" are a bit fvcked up in the head.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    That guy is ripped for how old he is. Wonder what his routine is.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    That guy is ripped for how old he is. Wonder what his routine is.
    Murdering big cats for no reason. Shit'll get you yoked quick.

That's sad. The problem is the hunters have the money to pay the employees of the park. Money talks, even in Africa.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HitandRun Reggie
    The guy is European and is he even conservative?

Besides many major hunting groups in the US have condemned this guy and the way he killed the lion. They lured it out of the park, just so they could legally kill it. There's hunting, then there's killing basically a pet with a name.
    It isn't legal if you lure it out. It is still illegal. This tactic just makes it harder to get caught, but he did anyway.

And I don't know where the guy is originally from, but he lives and works in Minnesota.