Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tolerant Liberals

Default Join me on the 5 am challenge.

It's pretty well documented that many of the most successful, productive people in all of history wake up early.

Waking up early naturally at 5 gives us the best energy and spirit in the morning, when we have that time to ourselves in a rejuvenated state to do something productive with our life. For some, lifting weights, others studying or just to work on their craft.

The goal is to wake up 5-10 minutes earlier every week until you start getting up at 5 naturally.

Default Re: Join me on the 5 am challenge.

That's not true. I am unsuccessful and wake up at 5 am everyday. I hate it so bad I want to kill myself.

5-time NBA All-Star

5 am.

Try 3:45 and ready to milk the cows.

You ain't a man till you're an Amish man.

Banned

Sleep deprivation is really bad for muscle growth so no thanks

Tolerant Liberals

There are two reasons you wake up at 5 am:

You HAVE to.

Or

You want to.

If you must wake up at 5 am because a shift starts at 6, need to take care of babies, etc then that's a different story.

This is for the people that want to try and boost productivity and promote overall well being. If you just Google waking up early the results are everywhere.

Americans average under 6.5 hours of sleep. 7-9 is recommended by some established sleep org. I would not go below 6 per day, while I think 7 is optimal for most people.

Quote Originally Posted by ISHGoat
    There are two reasons you wake up at 5 am:

You HAVE to.

Or

You want to.

If you must wake up at 5 am because a shift starts at 6, need to take care of babies, etc then that's a different story.

This is for the people that want to try and boost productivity and promote overall well being. If you just Google waking up early the results are everywhere.

Americans average under 6.5 hours of sleep. 7-9 is recommended by some established sleep org. I would not go below 6 per day, while I think 7 is optimal for most people.
    So you mean for kids that don't work like probably you?

Alphas dont sleep

Banned

I wake up at 5:30 most mornings. I'm naturally a light sleeper and can never raelly sleep in. It's annoying at times because even if I don't go to bed until like 3am I'll still wake up early.

Tolerant Liberals

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    So you mean for kids that don't work like probably you?
    I work a 9-5 but I have started to study hard to go back to school. I want to wake up earlier to give me more productive time. When I get home from work I am generally less motivated and tired. I wake at 7:30 now and my best hours are spent on my commute and for my employer. I'm going to be more selfish and use that time to exercise, plan the day, and do work.

rank sentamentalist

so what's the challenge bro? cuz it's 2:43 now...

I work a 9-5 but I have started to study hard to go back to school. I want to wake up earlier to give me more productive time. When I get home from work I am generally less motivated and tired. I wake at 7:30 now and my best hours are spent on my commute and for my employer. I'm going to be more selfish and use that time to exercise, plan the day, and do work.
    Well in a normal semester I wake up at 5 to go to my part time and after that I go to college. Been doing that snce 2013. Im about to graduate now though.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    Well in a normal semester I wake up at 5 to go to my part time and after that I go to college. Been doing that snce 2013. Im about to graduate now though.

#Grinding

What did you study?

I like the thought of waking up early and having my coffee and newspaper on the balcony before conquering the world, but I work irregular hours where I do 17hr shifts that finish at 7-8am 3 times a week

It's pretty well documented that many of the most successful, productive people in all of history wake up early.

Waking up early naturally at 5 gives us the best energy and spirit in the morning, when we have that time to ourselves in a rejuvenated state to do something productive with our life. For some, lifting weights, others studying or just to work on their craft.

The goal is to wake up 5-10 minutes earlier every week until you start getting up at 5 naturally.
    True. There's been tons of studies on it.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jennifer...o-before-8-am/

I wake up around 6:35 (or 6:40 when I DGAF), shower, eat, and take the trash out to leave for work by 7:15 to get there at 8.

5 am sounds awful.

I am the First Officer ImmortalNemesis's Avatar

Just woke up at 12 p.m.

F*ck off with that shite