Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    Question

Why are all libertarians the worst

Not talking about the politics or politicians

But people you meet who are libertarians... just the worst fvkin people
    its the ideology of selfishness and narcissism

Default Re: The 2016 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    i saw her the other night on TV and she seemed extremely well-spoken, articulate and motivated. a bit clinton-esque, really. i barely follow contemporary politics, but the campaign needs as many of these folks as it can get.

i can certainly see why she might not run tho, considering the prospect of facing the clinton freight train... even one on somewhat shaky tracks.

looking over the republican list, the only guy who doesn't seem like a horse's ass is rand paul. which means he'll prolly come in fourth or whatever.

from what i've read, the economy is better on the spreadsheet, but not necessarily all that much better in peoples' lives. i could see the swing voters going either way on that even if things remain stable.

also, there's the crowd who will just want to take their anger with obama out on whichever democrat runs next. that only happens some elections, but it sure will happen this time... i assume.

no, i think it would be a lot more useful just to throw the vote over to primate country at the national zoo. all that time and energy saved, with just as good results in the end. (maybe better)
    A lot of democrat big wigs (donors not politicans really) have been wanting her to run, hell there's even a group for it. Ready For Warren. link Not only is she incredibly articulate and definitely Clinton-esque, she's actually incredibly brilliant. She called the great recession before it happened, and I agree with her a lot on economics. Which can be an indictment on her I guess.

I just disagree with her whole notion of she can impact the country as much in the senate as she can as president. I mean

I think that someone (Kevin?) posted something a few months ago about how more people are buying luxury items compared to a few years ago, and with the rebound of the home market a while back I think it's mostly solid. Maybe not good or great yet, but it's still getting there. Really there's only 10-13 states that matter anyway because by and large a large number of states are just gonna vote the same ole blue or red as they have for the last couple or even several decades. So economically we might need to look at job recovery, unemployment rates, average salary etc in the swing states.

National High School Star

Question

Funny, I've had the opposite experience. To me, the worst people tend to be the people who think they know what's best for others. Libertarians are usually the opposite of that. But the absolutely worst people I run into are the warmonger authority types by far.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

How much is Hillary worth??? 14 million? And she wants to talk about income inequality? Driving a suped up van across the country to Iowa.

Why do people fall for this shit? As if Democrats really care about the poor people.

Meanwhile back in Washington:

What is the Republican-led House poised to do Thursday

A. Vote to repeal the estate tax, which affects an estimated 5,400 well-off Americans every year.

We say "well off" because you need to leave your heirs at least $5.4 million ($10.8 million for a couple) to have to pay any federal estate taxes at all.

Of the nearly 3 million Americans who die every year, only about two-tenths of 1% have enough assets to qualify. It's a rather exclusive group.

This isn't to disparage people who worked hard enough (or, in some cases, were lucky enough) to have estates that big. It's just that, at a time when income inequality is one of the nation's most vexing problems, the 0.2% hardly need extra help from Congress.

Rand Paul! Anybody else is shit

Default ISH Republican Primary

So far we have

Rand Paul - 4
    Ben Carson - 2
    Scott Walker -1
    Ted Cruz - 1

Local High School Star MightyWhitey's Avatar

Question

Do you even know what a libertarian is or are you confusing them with librarians?

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Meanwhile back in Washington:

What is the Republican-led House poised to do Thursday
    Wow what liberal nonsense you post. So just because someone is more successful they should be penalized more? And where will these taxes go? Maybe you can tell me kev because I personally find it ludicrous to go after people in America who made something of their lives. The buzz words income inequality are as sharp as a dull blade and cut like a spoon. Is this not America where making yourself successful for you and your family the key ingredient to what makes this nations gears run smoothly? Lets get a hold of the limousine liberals in Hollywood who think it's cool to be a democrat because that's the flavor of the month and see if they are willing to pay these taxes. Of course We never get that story.

So Kev how essential are these estate taxes to the USA? I'm curious to know where and what these taxes are used for and why? I am also curious as to why is it the governments business if I leave my children my estate that they have to be taxed? Why is a liberal like yourself pro big government and anti freedom? This is a serious question I have for liberals.

https://www.atr.org/democrats-suppor...rbon-tax-a7796

Democracks want Obama imposed carbon tax

You don't have enough money for the estate tax to affect you , broke ass
    take it easy on the temporarily embarassed millionaire

Quote Originally Posted by MightyWhitey
    So Kev how essential are these estate taxes to the USA? I'm curious to know where and what these taxes are used for and why? I am also curious as to why is it the governments business if I leave my children my estate that they have to be taxed? Why is a liberal like yourself pro big government and anti freedom? This is a serious question I have for liberals.
    White knighting for rich old people. Dude, they're not going to sleep with you.

The 3 of you fools have a combined total of 50000 posts on ish. I'm pretty sure none of you have a proper job and or still have a gran mama that pays your T-Mobile bill. Let Kev answer since some of you are busy snapping into a slim Jim to understand what a tax even is.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyWhitey
    The 3 of you fools have a combined total of 50000 posts on ish. I'm pretty sure none of you have a proper job and or still have a gran mama that pays your T-Mobile bill. Let Kev answer since some of you are busy snapping into a slim Jim to understand what a tax even is.
    yeah, someone with 4000 posts over a 6 year period could never have a proper job