Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Default Re: Kevin Durant or Brandon Roy

Quote Originally Posted by AItheAnswer3
    When did i say that. He's saying Pippen's better than Iverson in every part of the game. What a lameass statement But of course overall pippen>iverson

but he didnt say Pippen was better than Iverson in every part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman
    I think Durant has far more upside. Roy is an undersized 2 without super athletism. Can anyone picture him being much better than he is right now? Like does he look like someone that can be dropping 28 a night later on?

KD I can picture being ridiculous later. Of course he could also be a bust. But still, I'd say KD has more potential to blow up.
    No he isn't, he is a legit 6-6. Was MJ a undersized shooting guard?

Also Roy showed a lot of improvement to be more effective over the course of the entire game in his second year. Roy learning the game alone will make him a much better player. This is a guy who doesn't even use his athleticism and still takes over games. Roy doesn't need to drop 28 for the Blazers to win. He's happy getting 15 and 10 with a victory. He trusts his teammates unlike a lot of star in the league today.

I take Roy over Durant any day. The only guys I trade Roy for right now are Lebron or Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07

Also Roy showed a lot of improvement to be more effective over the course of the entire game in his second year. Roy learning the game alone will make him a much better player. This is a guy who doesn't even use his athleticism and still takes over games. Roy doesn't need to drop 28 for the Blazers to win. He's happy getting 15 and 10 with a victory. He trusts his teammates unlike a lot of star in the league today.

I take Roy over Durant any day. The only guys I trade Roy for right now are Lebron or Wade.
    You wouldnt take Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Dwight Howard over Roy? I know he is a great player but there are more guys who are better than him and that I would take over him. Roy is better now than Durant, thats fact. But bc of his youth and ability to score, I dont think its as clear cut as you think that one should take him over Durant. I would take Roy easily if I were looking ot win now but Durant over the next 10-15 yrs is going to filling up the stats

Local High School Star oldenpolynice's Avatar

Even with the injury history? I'd take Chris Paul, Deron Williams, and Chris Bosh for sure over Roy. At least, out of the guys who are under 25.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    When did he say Pippen was better in every part of his game?? It looks to me he is just saying he overall take Pippen over AI
    I think the part "every time" indirectly gives it away. Or it could also mean he would take a 03 Pippen over AI

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    You wouldnt take Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Dwight Howard over Roy? I know he is a great player but there are more guys who are better than him and that I would take over him. Roy is better now than Durant, thats fact. But bc of his youth and ability to score, I dont think its as clear cut as you think that one should take him over Durant. I would take Roy easily if I were looking ot win now but Durant over the next 10-15 yrs is going to filling up the stats
    Yeah maybe CP3. I wouldn't trade for Deron though. No way in hell the Blazers would get offered Dwight for Roy, but even if we did we have Oden right now. Roy can be very effective without scoring too. Dwight can be shut down.

CP3 is probably another guy I would strongly consider trading Roy to get. I think once we see Roy do well in the playoffs like Deron it won't even be a question that the Roy is more valuable.

So my list is CP3, Lebron, or Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by AItheAnswer3
    I think the part "every time" indirectly gives it away. Or it could also mean he would take a 03 Pippen over AI
    how come you're the only one who can't understand my statement. Everyone else understand it just fine.

KD now and in the future. KD is a franchise cornerstone type talent, who had a much better rookie season than Roy. Roy is a solid player, but is not a superstar. Every team knew that KD was the only legit scoring option on his squad and he still got buckets, he was unafraid to take game winners, and managed to excel in during one of the worst tankjobs the league has seen since the Cavs sunk their season for L.James.

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman
    Roy is an undersized 2 without super athletism.
    6'7" is undersized for a SG?

Jesus Christ, what happened to this league?

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher
    KD now and in the future. KD is a franchise cornerstone type talent, who had a much better rookie season than Roy. Roy is a solid player, but is not a superstar. Every team knew that KD was the only legit scoring option on his squad and he still got buckets, he was unafraid to take game winners, and managed to excel in during one of the worst tankjobs the league has seen since the Cavs sunk their season for L.James.
    Yeah and Kevin Durant scored more points per game in his rookie year than Roy did in his second season. The coaches still selected Brandon Roy to the All Star game. Also the Sonics were utterly pathetic last year. The Blazers were a much better team during Roy's rookie year than Durant's team.

The same exact Blazer team last year finished at .500. Brandon Roy has lead the Blazers to +20 wins from just two season ago. Good luck seeing Durant do that.

Kevin Durant may have put up good numbers last year, but if you replace Kevin Durant with any other talented player and put him on the Sonics i guarantee anyone could put up those type numbers.

Durant had free range to shoot whenever he wanted, he was literally walking down the court and chucking up shots. Hell, if i did that i could score 20 ppg.

KD puts up numbers on a horrible team where he is the #1 option and throws up 35 shots a game.

Roy puts up those same numbers on a good team where he isnt taking the majority of the shots.

I just think Roy success so far is more significant than Durants.

If Kevin had some good talent around him, and maybe a franchise that cared about winning, he might have a significant NBA career.

I think its too early to choose.

But right now its OBVIOUSLEY Roy.

Yeah and Kevin Durant scored more points per game in his rookie year than Roy did in his second season. The coaches still selected Brandon Roy to the All Star game. Also the Sonics were utterly pathetic last year. The Blazers were a much better team during Roy's rookie year than Durant's team.

The same exact Blazer team last year finished at .500. Brandon Roy has lead the Blazers to +20 wins from just two season ago. Good luck seeing Durant do that.
    Roy's All Star selection was/is questionable. Baron Davis and Deron Williams have gripes about missing the game, and it is well-documented that there is a bit of anti-Baron Davis sentiment around the league. The Blazers had a nice streak, but were less than mediocre for the rest of the year. Take away the streak and the team was actually terrible. The streak was an outlier, and not truly indicative of the season the Blazers had.

Roy's All Star selection was/is questionable. Baron Davis and Deron Williams have gripes about missing the game, and it is well-documented that there is a bit of anti-Baron Davis sentiment around the league. The Blazers had a nice streak, but were less than mediocre for the rest of the year. Take away the streak and the team was actually terrible. The streak was an outlier, and not truly indicative of the season the Blazers had.
    Without the streak the team was terrible?

Series with Utah: 3-1
    Series with NOH: 2-2
    Series with LAL: 2-2

Portland beat quality teams... and many after their streak during which they faced multiple injuries. They by no use of the word a "terrible" team last year.

Quote Originally Posted by JordanL
    Without the streak the team was terrible?

Series with Utah: 3-1
    Series with NOH: 2-2
    Series with LAL: 2-2

Portland beat quality teams... and many after their streak during which they faced multiple injuries. They by no use of the word a "terrible" team last year.
    [quote]
    In statistics, an outlier is an observation that is numerically distant from the rest of the data. Statistics derived from data sets that include outliers may be misleading. For example, if one is calculating the average temperature of 10 objects in a room, and most are between 20 and 25 degrees Celsius, but an oven is at 350

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

The streak was an outlier, and not truly indicative of the season the Blazers had.
    Did you calculate to see if it really was an outlier? Or are you guessing that it is a statistical outlier?