Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Would Eric Garner have died if he wasnt obese.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    The choke used by mma fighters simply blocks the arteries and veins on the sides of the neck. When done correctly it doesn't even stop someone from breathing because the pressure is applied to the sides, not the windpipe. It's still very dangerous of you maintain it after someone passes out, but it's generally pretty easy to tell when someone passes out so you can release right away.

Idiot copper here straight up suffocated this man to death by crushing his windpipe.

lol if the way the cop did it was more effective in killing or choking trust me MMA'ers would have figured that out. its legal to choke in any which way in MMA, its just the way they do it is likely much more efficient, not that its safer for the victim

furthermore i'm fairly sure the coroner stated he died of a heart attack that was onset from the choke and lack of oxygen. in other words he was a fat ass whose heart was about to give out any day. any phsycial durress probably would've set that heart attack off, dude probably had diabetes and other health issues also.

bottom line he was a dumbass to resist arrest, and NORMAL people do not act like these fools do in society. sad thing is a lot of mf'ers here pretend its their right to act the fool and disobey authority, which only creates a endless cycle of dumbass mf'ers shooting themselves in the foot then reaching for excuses why its the cops fault. i blame rapper influences, ghetto black culture mentality, just like the stupidity like they can't ever go to the police acting like they're worse than the gangsta's and drug dealers, and then bitch about how the cops never show up or how nobody cares about the hood :roll eyes:
    Last edited by Godzuki; 12-04-2014 at 10:16 PM.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate
    It was shitty for both sides, but the media is going to try and use it to their advantage. It's just my opinion, but I think the officer should have gotten negligent homicide. He didn't try to kill him, but he also was way too excessive with that chokehold. The police will start to become more like the military at this rate, similar situations in the future will be ruled as "police necessity" instead of indictments.

I agree the cop should be punished in some way or another on a technicality, but I would not give him any kind of homicide charge. And I have zero sympathy for Eric Garner.

Look, city cops are basically human garbage men. They have to deal with the worst of the worst on a daily basis. People disrespect them all day thinking its cool, people give them a hard time when they get arrested, yelling at them, spitting on them, and some people even put their life in danger. Cops understandably have a SHORT FUSE. Most people here are the exact same way. When you're really stressed out and not in the mood to be ****ed with, and then someone DOES **** with you, you might lash out. That's how it goes. DONT GIVE COPS A REASON.

Listen, if a cop pulls a woman over for speeding and then proceeds to search her and molest her, THATS what I have a problem with. If a cop is supposed to be standing guard for a store and he's stealing from it, THATS what I have a problem with. If a cop plants evidence to screw over an innocent person, THATS what I have a problem with.

Criminals charging at cops or smacking their hands away during an arrest, they're on their own. They wanna be difficult with guys who are trying to do their job and not in the mood for shit, I'm not jumpin in to white knight for that. And let's be clear, NOBODY is gonna miss Eric Garner. Technically the cops conduct should be reprimanded to reiterate cops cannot do that, but the world is DEFINITELY better off without that piece of shit bum that got darwin'd. I'm so sorry if my saying so offends igotgame or rasheed, the al and jessie's of this board becuase the guy is black. These guys only jump to anyones defense ever when its a black guy who started trouble. I'm not some whiney bitchmade loser liberal emo that lets race hustlers pluck my emotions and intimidate me. So as far as the indictment goes, hey, from the info I have it is surprising, but it wasnt my decision to make. As far as Garner? GOOD RIDDANCE.

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

New York's right wing congressional representative is pushing this BS that his obesity was the result of his death. Like being choked had nothing to do with this.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers Legend#32
    New York's right wing congressional representative is pushing this BS that his obesity was the result of his death. Like being choked had nothing to do with this.

Obesity easily could have been a contributing factor as to why the choke killed him when it may not have killed most people in that situation.

It doesn't excuse the choke which is explicitly prohibited, so it doesn't really matter anyway.

Ive been headlocked before and i didnt die

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers Legend#32
    lets be honest... look at that man, he's a effing slob... then look at the list of health problems he had... it wasn't going to take much to put him over the edge... the struggle even without a chokehold could of kill him...

the man was one Dennys Grand Slam away from stroking out

I'm not saying the chokehold didn't play a major part in his death but still..

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    lets be honest... look at that man, he's a effing slob... then look at the list of health problems he had... it wasn't going to take much to put him over the edge... the struggle even without a chokehold could of kill him...

the man was one Dennys Grand Slam away from stroking out

I'm not saying the chokehold didn't play a major part in his death but still..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eggshell_skull

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME

Hey an eggshell skull, that's a serious genetic condition .

Being a fat **** and resisting arrest is a right exercised of free will. A civil right the ACLU fights tooth and nail for....

The cop crushed his windpipe. Any of us would have died and I would have reacted the same way as the victim. He did nothing wrong and the police never said he was under arrest.

shhhhhhh

I'm pretty sure law enforcement has immunity from that particular law but he family might use that to sue the police department

nice try though.. haven't seen that mentioned in some time

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    I'm pretty sure law enforcement has immunity from that particular law but he family might use that to sue the police department

nice try though.. haven't seen that mentioned in some time
    they dont. its not a law but a principle.

NBA Legend

How come you only care about the rarest form of violence - white on black?

You dont care if whites are violent to each other or if blacks are violent to anyone. You only only only CARE during the rare time when a black guy gets himself into some kind of trouble and dies at the hands of a white authority figure.

Why? You are RACIST.

shhhhhhh

Qualified immunity is a doctrine in U.S. federal law that arises in cases brought against state officials under 42 U.S.C Section 1983 and against federal officials under Bivens v. Six Unknown Named Agents, 403 U.S. 388 (1971).

Qualified immunity, when applicable, shields government officials from liability for the violation of an individual's federal constitutional rights[contradictory]. This grant of immunity is available to state or federal employees performing discretionary functions where their actions, even if later found to be unlawful, did not violate "clearly established law."

**** that cop, dude should be in jail

National High School Star Rodmantheman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    **** that cop, dude should be in jail