Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Who would you draft? Roy Hibbert, Hasheem Thabeet or DeAndre Jordan?

Roy Hibbert has improved each year in college. To say he didnt improve since his sophmore year just exposes you 1. didnt watch him during his college career enough or at all and 2. you're going just on stats

Stop it.

NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Who would you draft? Roy Hibbert, Hasheem Thabeet or DeAndre Jordan?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Roy Hibbert has improved each year in college. To say he didnt improve since his sophmore year just exposes you 1. didnt watch him during his college career enough or at all and 2. you're going just on stats

Stop it.
    What has he improved on?

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    And Roy Hibbert's upside is non-existent. I don't really think he's any better than Thabeet right now. So why not go with Thabeet? Hibbert hasn't improved since his sophomore year. He hasn't gotten any worse and he's still a decent college player, but he probably isn't going to get much better, if any better, than he is now, IMO.
    I have to disagree.

Hibbert is far better than Thabeet right now. Outside of shot block and rebound numbers Hibbert is the better player in every facet of the game. Offensively and defensive, physical skill and mental understanding Hibbert is far more advanced than Thabeet.

Also, Hibbert has improved EVERY year. Only difference is the improvement between this season and last is not as dramatic as previous years. This year most of Hibbert's improvement has been refinement of certain things.

I will concede that Hibbert's upside is limited but it's not non-existent. If Hibbert makes the "average" physical improvements that most NBA newjacks do he's a 15 points 7 boards 1+ block career center on the right team.

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    I have to disagree.

Hibbert is far better than Thabeet right now. Outside of shot block and rebound numbers Hibbert is the better player in every facet of the game. Offensively and defensive, physical skill and mental understanding Hibbert is far more advanced than Thabeet.

Also, Hibbert has improved EVERY year. Only difference is the improvement between this season and last is not as dramatic as previous years. This year most of Hibbert's improvement has been refinement of certain things.

I will concede that Hibbert's upside is limited but it's not non-existent. If Hibbert makes the "average" physical improvements that most NBA newjacks do he's a 15 points 7 boards 1+ block career center on the right team.
    What he said.

I have to disagree.

I don't see that potential. I really don't.

I'm not high on Hibbert. I guess like you guys aren't high on Thabeet. We're just opposites.

I see the same Hibbert this year that I saw last year. He even seemed a little better to me last year.

What he said.
    To me, his improvement was dramatic from freshman to sophomore. I'll give you an average improvement from sophomore to junior. There is no improvement from junior to senior, though.

The improvement from sophomore to senior has been minimal and just an average improvement. Certainly not what people were thinking. Not what I was expecting, anyway.

Thabeet is the better prospect and will have the better career. Worse case: I'm wrong. So what? That happens a lot.

Thabeet is the better prospect and will have the better career. Worse case: I'm wrong. So what? That happens a lot.
    Yea...so its not that big of a deal. I was high on Mike Dunleavy Jr and thought Adam Morrison would be a white Rip. Still time for that but neither are doing what I predicted.

Roy Hibbert got to Gtown just a tall student. He couldnt even dribble a basketball let alone known what to do with it. His improvement each year has been great considering he came from rock bottom (in terms of game).

Thabeet could be on the same path if he were to stay 4, but with NBA scouts, GMs drafting kids on upside, potential he doesnt have to stay. He just has a lot to learn about the game of basketball.

I really wouldnt know who i would be happy with if the Sixers were faced with just Roy or Thabeet. I'd probably lean towards Thabeet.

Yea...so its not that big of a deal. I was high on Mike Dunleavy Jr and thought Adam Morrison would be a white Rip. Still time for that but neither are doing what I predicted.

Roy Hibbert got to Gtown just a tall student. He couldnt even dribble a basketball let alone known what to do with it. His improvement each year has been great considering he came from rock bottom (in terms of game).

Thabeet could be on the same path if he were to stay 4, but with NBA scouts, GMs drafting kids on upside, potential he doesnt have to stay. He just has a lot to learn about the game of basketball.

I really wouldnt know who i would be happy with if the Sixers were faced with just Roy or Thabeet. I'd probably lean towards Thabeet.
    I'd take Hibbert on the Rockets. Thabeet won't fall to us, but we have to get a center because Yao is going to miss at least 20 games a season.

Thats funny you take Roy and I take Thabeet. hahaaaa

Thats funny you take Roy and I take Thabeet. hahaaaa
    That's just because I know we won't be drafting high enough for Thabeet. Hibbert might be gone, too.

But that is pretty funny.

I can't answer your question about center prospects because I'm not keeping count nor will I do research on the matter. Quit being lazy and do it yourself.
    It's a rhetorical question, I didn't expect you to answer.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

I don't see that potential. I really don't.

I'm not high on Hibbert. I guess like you guys aren't high on Thabeet. We're just opposites.

I see the same Hibbert this year that I saw last year. He even seemed a little better to me last year.
    If Zydrunas Ilgauskas was playing today I'd make a smartass comment about turning to ABC to see why Hibbert can succeed. Why exactly don't you see that type of production from Hibbert?

Hibbert has a just short of unblockable hook across the lane, a dependable drop step counter, and can knock down static jumpers out to 14 feet.

If Zydrunas Ilgauskas was playing today I'd make a smartass comment about turning to ABC to see why Hibbert can succeed. Why exactly don't you see that type of production from Hibbert?

Hibbert has a just short of unblockable hook across the lane, a dependable drop step counter, and can knock down static jumpers out to 14 feet.
    I'm sure he could get 15 and 7 in one game. I just don't think he can average that over the course of a season, let alone a number of years.

He'll average something like 8 and 6. That's just the impression that I get. I'm not overly high on him.

Not Hibbert.

Me, personally, I would go with Hasheem Thabeet. He's shown more than Jordan, but Jordan has what it takes athletically. I think Jordan needs another year (at least) of college ball.

I really like Thabeet. I think he can contribute immediately.
    ^^^

Thabeet has "God-given" shot blocking ability.
    lol

His entire NBA career blk average = 0.8