Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Good ole' Chuck joined a Suns teams that had won 55, 54, 55, and 53 games..

Quote Originally Posted by Sportal
    I also didn't know this either. Is this accurate??
    yessir

Default Re: Good ole' Chuck joined a Suns teams that had won 55, 54, 55, and 53 games..

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    That suns team had

1 all nba player , bulls had 2

1 all d 2nd team, bulls had 2 1st team AND 1 2nd team selection.

2 allstars while the bulls had 2 allstars.

Super team doe.
    bringing this to the 3rd page since it has not been addressed yet...

National High School Star

yessir
    So this Suns "super team", didn't outrank them in any major personnel accolades... Why are these gentlemen calling this Suns team a super team...

That suns team had

1 all nba player , bulls had 2

1 all d 2nd team, bulls had 2 1st team AND 1 2nd team selection.

2 allstars while the bulls had 2 allstars.

Super team doe.
    Not to mention they struggled through every series they were in

Actually trailed the 8th seed Lakers 2-0 in the first round Weren't that far off from getting swept

Beat the 5th seed Spurs in 6, didn't even outscore them in the series

Beat the Sonics in 7, outscored them by literally 1 point in the series

Quote Originally Posted by Sportal
    So this Suns "super team", didn't outrank them in any major personnel accolades... Why are these gentlemen calling this Suns team a super team...
    involuntary need to boost Mj in any way possible when he's the absolute last person that needs lies to help his case.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents

Actually trailed the 8th seed Lakers 2-0 in the first round Weren't that far off from getting swept

Beat the Sonics in 7, outscored them by literally 0.1 points in the series
    They hadn't seen anything yet the real trouble was being made chokers the next 2 seasons by Dream and co.

And LOL at Bron stans calling the late 90's Jazz the "Clippers of 2010's". Call me when that Clippers beat a team of Shaq, Kobe, Van Excel, Jones, Fox, Horry, etc. No wait. Sorry. I was wrong. Let me correct myself. DESTROYED these Lakers 4-1 and 4-0 in the 1997 and 1998 playoffs.

You guys really have to pick a side. Either these Jazz were a joke. If they were, then the ultra stacked Lakers were a joke too. Please pick.

Beat the Sonics in 7, outscored them by literally 1 point in the series
    Sounds like the 2015-16 Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival

Mid 90's Magic were stacked AF. Most people today don't know this. Shaq, Penny, Scott, Anderson, Grant, Shaw, etc. They just went up against 2 GOAT tier greats in MJ & Hakeem.

They win titles in many other eras.
    they have a late 80's celtics type of bench however where i'm not exaggerating when I say pretty much no one is even worth mentioning. You can namedrop shaw, i dont really care. That matters and why the celtics didnt win titles even though on paper they had bird leading a 5 all star lineup.

I'm really not sure there the best because of that and their defense even though the talent is there on paper. Scott/Anderson really exacerbated that bad bench putting up stinkers in their most challenging series. Their main positive is they did beat mj/pippen which is impressive even if mj was rusty.

The Warriors almost got swept in the first round? News to me

the 16 warriors were beating playoff teams without curry... They struggled with one team OKC who on paper had one of the most talented duos of all time and had a top 20 healthy team all time based on srs. why arent they comparable with orlando?

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
    the 16 warriors were beating playoff teams without curry... They struggled with one team OKC who on paper had one of the most talented duos of all time and had a top 20 healthy team all time based on srs. why arent they comparable with orlando?
    Exactly, they massacred the Rockets with a soon to be MVP with Curry missing nearly the entire series. What an asinine comparison

The Warriors almost got swept in the first round? News to me
    No, but they were down to the brink 3-1 in the WCF.

The point here is, that 73-9 team wasn't as good as everyone claimed they were. They went 15-9 in the playoffs. A truly GOAT tier team rolls through the playoffs and destroys teams. Flawed team. This GSW team took the league by storm with their 3 point shooting before the league caught up.

i should add okc beat what some people thought before the loss was the best spurs team pop ever coached. I mean they added aldridge to their 15 core and got improvement from kawhi to offset duncan's decline. I can see where people were coming from.

No, but they were down to the brink 3-1 in the WCF.

The point here is, that 73-9 team wasn't as good as everyone claimed they were. They went 15-9 in the playoffs. A truly GOAT tier team rolls through the playoffs and destroys teams. Flawed team. This GSW team took the league by storm with their 3 point shooting before the league caught up.
    What does this have to do with the 90's Suns