Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Wait.... Celtics lost Horford, Irving and Morris? What an offseason!

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    This year, I think they can climb up to the third seed. Last year, their potential was overblown because Kyrie doesn't have the.....mentality (for lack of a better word) to buy into Brad's system. Had he bought into the system, the team would've done better.

Horford is the biggest loss for Boston, especially since he went to a direct rival. Along with Baynes on top of it, because Baynes would've provided them with some brute size.

Outside of Milwakuee and Philly, Boston is still up there, which, speaks to the West being that much better.
    Agreed but I believe there was more to it than just that, Kyrie was on some **** shit ever since he announced he was "re-signing".

But that's my point, last year's disappointment is this years best case scenario. Again, imo.

Default Re: Wait.... Celtics lost Horford, Irving and Morris? What an offseason!

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    Butler is the guy who kept you guys in the series...he was absolutely the best player for Philly against Toronto.

For ****s sake, Embiid and Harris both shot 37% from the field against the Raptors.

And you think JJ was a liability? I truly feel like you're reaching, bro. I'll respect your opinion because you obviously watched them more than me, but I do believe that you are being a wee bit biased here.
    Embiid was by far our most important player in that series. There is more to the game han fg%. Foh

Agreed but I believe there was more to it than just that, Kyrie was on some **** shit ever since he announced he was "re-signing".

But that's my point, last year's disappointment is this years best case scenario. Again, imo.
    Unless they can somehow avoid Milwakuee & Philly in the ECSF, I can see them making the ECFs.

Unfortunately for them, the top two seeds are pretty much set as those two.

Default Re: Wait.... Celtics lost Horford, Irving, Rozier and Morris? What an offseason!

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
    i liked jj too. Lot of philly's best offense was just get redick open on screens or dribble hand offs. He's not too good in the playoffs vs teams who focus on him and with richardson and going in on tobias, they didnt really need jj however.

Richardson's defense is nice but he isnt a good enough shooter yet to play that way. I'm just looking for super 3 and D play from him. They can just sign korver to fulfill that elite shooter role tbf.

But what happens when a team is forced to focus on a specific player during an NBA game? Other guys tend to be left open. JJ is a great piece for any team, and his game has not fallen off. He averaged 18ppg last year and still shot 40% from three.

The Pelicans this year will be JUICY, I cannot wait to see that team play. Glad JJ joined them in order to force defenses to spread instead of clog the lane and stop Zion from jamming it. They have a lot of solid 3 point shooters on that team.

Default Re: Wait.... Celtics lost Horford, Irving, Rozier and Morris? What an offseason!

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    JJ straight up single handedly won multiple games for Philly this past season. The disrespect he gets is crazy. He's not even a black hole or anything and legit like 80% of the time I watch him shoot it goes in.
    I still can't believe that Philly gave up Shamet in the Tobias deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    Embiid was by far our most important player in that series. There is more to the game han fg%. Foh
    I'm not saying it just because of his FG%...I mention that to illustrate that he did in fact struggle during the series. He had a huge game 3 (or game 4, i don't remember) with 33 points but he also had 2 games in which he only ATTEMPTED 7 shots.

Best player during the season? Absolutely. Best player against the Raptors? Hell no, it was definitely Jimmy.

Yeah but Danny ainge durrrr assets

Celtics are eating good. Don't worry about us. Top 3 in the East this coming season.

ECF here we come

JT All star
    Jaylen first defensive team
    King Kemba best PG in the east
    Hayward will be 100% already

Oof, I forgot about Indiana. I got them over Boston in the east as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dbugz
    ECF here we come

JT All star
    Jaylen first defensive team
    King Kemba best PG in the east

Hayward will be 100% already

In what world??

IDK which claim is more absurd.

In what world??

Kemba as the best PG isn't very absurd. Well, unless you view Giannis as a PG

Averaging 1.4 ppg RealSkipBayless's Avatar

In what world??

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Kemba as the best PG isn't very absurd. Well, unless you view Giannis as a PG

Simmons, Brogdon potentially this year, others I can't think of because I'm omw home.

Simmons, Brogdon potentially this year, others I can't think of because I'm omw home.
    I still see Kemba having a better season than both of them.