Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default My point can be whatever you want it to be.

Default Re: My point can be whatever you want it to be.

Larry Bird was a better passer than Magic Johnson.

Also, LeBron sucks.

And 1-9.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Larry Bird should be in the Top 5 discussion. Remove his bad back and the man would have more titles than Jordan.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Bird is a better passer and player than Bran and it's not close.

Bird played off ball far more often and still nearly matches him in assists.

Bran ball produces stats.

But Bird is just such a better passer.

Again and again, whoever said Lebron is a better "passer" than Bird, had never watched Bird played, and don't know anything about basketball.

For Lebron stans, quantity equals to quality.

And the crazy thing is, Bird would be considered too slow and unathletic today.

He wouldn't even get a chance to prove himself.

A f ucking GOAT tier player would be made a spot up shooter in today's league.

Jokic fell through the cracks and was extremely fortunate a coach gave him a chance to lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Larry Bird should be in the Top 5 discussion. Remove his bad back and the man would have more titles than Jordan.
    Doctor asked Bird not to dive that much, but Bird did not listen and played the way he wanted to play.
    His career was shortened, but he got more respect. His prime was one of the GOAT.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    And the crazy thing is, Bird would be considered too slow and unathletic today.

He wouldn't even get a chance to prove himself.

A f ucking GOAT tier player would be made a spot up shooter in today's league.

Jokic fell through the cracks and was extremely fortunate a coach gave him a chance to lead.
    The skills and ball handling and vision that Bird had, he could be one of the best PG in the league today.

Of course, he probably could not guard the flashy and speedy guards these days, but he has the size and anticipation to guard the forward positions.

Quote Originally Posted by ronniec
    The skills and ball handling and vision that Bird had, he could be one of the best PG in the league today.

Of course, he probably could not guard the flashy and speedy guards these days, but he has the size and anticipation to guard the forward positions.
    Everyone knows he would dominate.

But players these days are judged more on their athleticism and skilled players fall through the crackers.

Oops, I mean cracks.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ronniec
    Again and again, whoever said Lebron is a better "passer" than Bird, had never watched Bird played, and don't know anything about basketball.

For Lebron stans, quantity equals to quality.
    Better passer and better playmaker are 2 different things.

Bird has GOAT tier court vision and can throw some insane passes that no one else could pull off but Bird can't orchestrate an entire offense the way LeBron has done

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Old dirk beating a super athletic heat team is proof enough that bird would dominate this era. hes like a rich mans dirk

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98
    Better passer and better playmaker are 2 different things.

Bird has GOAT tier court vision and can throw some insane passes that no one else could pull off but Bird can't orchestrate an entire offense the way LeBron has done

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Bird is the better passer

LeBron is the better overall playmaker due to his superior athleticism and ability to take guys off the dribble and warp the entire defense

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Bird is a better passer and not because of the gifs posted. We can post a million gifs and video clips of Bron making incredible and timely passes.

I'll repeat it again as I've stated in why I believe MJ is a better passer than Bron.

Bird controls the flow of the offence, sets up and creates for his teammates and more importantly..... does all this because he reads and reacts to the defence quicker than Lebron.

All the great passers that Bron gets compared to (Bird, Magic, MJ etc) don't need to pound the ball for eons, they don't need to hold it and hold it, they don't simply kick out to the shooters in a drive. They act quicker, they act more timely, they 'create' better opportunities for their teammates, they control the flow of the game better than Bron ever has on a more consistent basis.

Again, being a great passer isn't about making fancy highlight passes or filling out the stats sheet.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Bird is a better passer and not because of the gifs posted. We can post a million gifs and video clips of Bron making incredible and timely passes.

I'll repeat it again as I've stated in why I believe MJ is a better passer than Bron.

Bird controls the flow of the offence, sets up and creates for his teammates and more importantly..... does all this because he reads and reacts to the defence quicker than Lebron.

All the great passers that Bron gets compared to (Bird, Magic, MJ etc) don't need to pound the ball for eons, they don't need to hold it and hold it, they don't simply kick out to the shooters in a drive. They act quicker, they act more timely, they 'create' better opportunities for their teammates, they control the flow of the game better than Bron ever has on a more consistent basis.

Again, being a great passer isn't about making fancy highlight passes or filling out the stats sheet.