Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Is Kobe Bryant ruining the Lakers?

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam2
    100% I can't believe Jalen Rose even attempted to link them as being similarwith regard to their contract negotiations.
    Molly's pvssy has him saying all kinds of stupid sht

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    Kobe wanted D'Antoni. He really connected with him on the Olympic team in 08.
    https://eu.usatoday.com/story/sports...akers/1696317/

"You guys know how I feel about Phil," Bryant said. "The one thing that's kind of always bothered me is that his last year (in 2011) I wasn't able to give him my normal self, you know what I mean? Because I was playing on one leg. That's always eaten away at me. The last year of his career I wasn't able to give him everything I had." Jackson's exit was unflattering, indeed, with his team being swept by the eventual NBA champion Dallas Mavericks in the Western Conference Semifinals, and former Lakers Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom being ejected for bush-league moves in Game 4. "He's too great of a coach to go out that way," Bryant said. "That's my personal sentiment. For me, it was just … I took it to heart because I couldn't give it everything that I had, because my knee was shot. That's always kind of bothered me."
    So Kobe obviously wanted Phil. They met with him & he asked for a few days to think it over, I believe they signed D'Antoni the same night or the following day and didn't even give Phil a chance.

Dwight Howard himself said that he left because they didn't sign Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    https://eu.usatoday.com/story/sports...akers/1696317/

So Kobe obviously wanted Phil. They met with him & he asked for a few days to think it over, I believe they signed D'Antoni the same night or the following day and didn't even give Phil a chance.

Dwight Howard himself said that he left because they didn't sign Phil.
    http://www.espn.com/los-angeles/nba/...kson-available

"I spoke with Jimmy (Buss) before everything went down and we talked about some of the coaching candidates and stuff and to be honest, I said D'Antoni was my first choice

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    Well obviously he's not going to say that he wanted Phil instead once D'Antoni was the coach .

Dwight was cool with D'Antoni as well, until he left after the season & blasted the Lakers for going with him over Phil. We didn't have a 3-point shooting team and we hired a guy who's offense is built around perimeter shooting, had Pau Gasol and Ron Artest out there taking 5+ threes a game until Kobe took control of the offense and went to the post and carried us to the POs.

Great college starter

This is stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Dray n Klay
    Why could Kobe only win 17 games with these Lakers