Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Is Jrue a top 5 guard?

[QUOTE=Uncle Drew]What about Jhonathon

@ the retard calling Iggy an equivalent player to Pippen and the retarded Ordan turd agreeing with him.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    @ the retard calling Iggy an equivalent player to Pippen and the retarded Ordan turd agreeing with him.
    He's right. Iggy was just about as good as Pippen, take Jordan away from Pippen and he'll have Iggy's career. Give Iggy Kobe and he'll have Pippen's career. Pippen has a slight edge in rebounding and defending because of his frame but they're nearly identical as players, only difference is resume.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    pull up the thread i posted the top 10 PFs and that other fakkit stopped debating after he realized i was right that there werent 10 better full time PFs
    No you ****ing retard. You said some stupid shit like Gibson being better than Randle and Saric so I bent you over and took you to pound town for 20 minutes after that. You must've forgotten because of how traumatic the experience was, but I'll do it again if you dont behace bitch.

Funny how you're now rewording your argument years later. "Full time power forwards" did I scar you that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by MrFonzworth
    He's right. Iggy was just about as good as Pippen, take Jordan away from Pippen and he'll have Iggy's career. Give Iggy Kobe and he'll have Pippen's career. Pippen has a slight edge in rebounding and defending because of his frame but they're nearly identical as players, only difference is resume.
    You think if Kobe and Pippen are paired together, they win 6 rings and Iggy gets to make 7x All-Star, 7x All-NBA, and 10x All-Def?

BTW, that Hamster dude is legit retarded. Like superduper, Straight_Bitchmade, kenny, and pickernroller level retarded.

You think if Kobe and Pippen are paired together, they win 6 rings and Iggy gets to make 7x All-Star, 7x All-NBA, and 10x All-Def?

BTW, that Hamster dude is legit retarded. Like superduper, Straight_Bitchmade, kenny, and pickernroller level retarded.
    Yes. If Iggy came in a couple years after Kobe and they played alongside each other that would be his ball park. Iggy was consistently shutting down the opposing team's star while carrying the offensive load for like 5 years, while also leading the league in minutes or in the top 3 range. Give him Kobe who worked just as hard and thats a dynasty.

And yea I know he's retarded, doesnt mean hes wrong all the time though. Its always the people who never have an original opinion on anything that are the first to call someone stupid. Stop agreeing with whatever your Bran Butt Buddies say.

Media awards arent given to players who arent trending. After Iverson, Philly never got burn time on sportscenter. Iggy took Boston to 7 with Spencer Hawes, never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    Initially, it might sound far fetched but size wise, athleticism wise, ability to pass and finish in transition, they were very similar. And as Durthickemz said, Pip did have the advantage in post game. But they were very similar players.

You give a guy like Iggy as a rookie and let him MJ forge him in practice every day, Iggy would turn out into something similar to Pip.
    jeezuz christ

Yes. If Iggy came in a couple years after Kobe and they played alongside each other that would be his ball park. Iggy was consistently shutting down the opposing team's star while carrying the offensive load for like 5 years, while also leading the league in minutes or in the top 3 range. Give him Kobe who worked just as hard and thats a dynasty.

And yea I know he's retarded, doesnt mean hes wrong all the time though. Its always the people who never have an original opinion on anything that are the first to call someone stupid. Stop agreeing with whatever your Bran Butt Buddies say.
    Iggy has TWO All-Def selections in his entire career. How is playing with Kobe gonna help him get more of those?

Also, dude made the All-Star team ONCE in his entire career (ZERO All-NBA) and somehow playing with Kobe is gonna help him make more All-Def and All-NBA teams?

Kobe played with Shaq for 8 season and that was prime/peak Shaq, and he won 3 rings (with Shaq averaging 30/15/3/1/2 on 55% during the 3peat) and somehow, Kobe is going to win more than that with Iggy?

Never go full retard, kiddo.

Media awards arent given to players who arent trending. After Iverson, Philly never got burn time on sportscenter. Iggy took Boston to 7 with Spencer Hawes, never forget.
    Jrue Holiday, Lou Williams, Elton Brand, and Evan Turner. Lets ignore all of them and act like the second best player Iggy had was Spencer Hawes.

Iggy is a role player at BEST. Pippen was a legit superstar is a top 25 GOAT. Iggy isn't even cracking the top 200 on a good day.

Iggy has TWO All-Def selections in his entire career. How is playing with Kobe gonna help him get more of those?

Also, dude made the All-Star team ONCE in his entire career (ZERO All-NBA) and somehow playing with Kobe is gonna help him make more All-Def and All-NBA teams?

Kobe played with Shaq for 8 season and that was prime/peak Shaq, and he won 3 rings (with Shaq averaging 30/15/3/1/2 on 55% during the 3peat) and somehow, Kobe is going to win more than that with Iggy?

Never go full retard, kiddo.

Jrue Holiday, Lou Williams, Elton Brand, and Evan Turner. Lets ignore all of them and act like the second best player Iggy had was Spencer Hawes.

Iggy is a role player at BEST. Pippen was a legit superstar is a top 25 GOAT. Iggy isn't even cracking the top 200 on a good day.
    Classic AJ not understanding how things work around here. He gets more all defensive selections mainly for 2 reasons:

1. He's not the go to scorer anymore, Bryant is, so Iguodala can exert more energy on defense.

2. He's on a better team. Him and Kobe are contenders, so he'll naturally get more exposure. More exposure = more media awards = more all stars.

Also, you know very little about those Sixers teams. Thaddeus Young was their 2nd best player, followed by Lou, Jrue, then Brand. Hawes was easily better than Turner. The point of my statement was to highlight that Spencer Hawes was starting, I dont even think hes on a roster anymore, Philly had no business making noise like that during the start of the superteam era.

Why are you talking about Shaq? Kobe wasn't in the peak of his career with Shaq. In fact he only hit the early stages of his prime, you have no idea what you're talking about so you use oversimplifications to try to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    jeezuz christ
    Nothing to say? Are you ever going to tell us how you feel or are you just here to drop emotes and dip? Weird how the entire Bron circle jerk works this way. The trolls are cool, but then you have these "serious" posters who ONLY post what they were told, not what they see.

Idc about your guys' schtick 99% of the time, but if we're talking about Iggy then im gonna call you out on it. You idiots didnt see him play, I saw 80% of his career in Philly, so don't sit there and act like it's some holy sin to compare him to Pippen, another player you didnt see. Yall are from Europe and Asia, dont act like you're experts on a player just because you can open up basketball reference. I doubt either of you saw one full game of Iggy in a Philly uniform. Stfu you pricks.

He's not equivalent, but he's in the ilk of Pippen. Like an 85% Pippen. Similar skills and he'd occupy the same role on a team structured like the Bulls.

Don't see how that's wrong in any way. Even their weaknesses are similar.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    jeezuz christ
    You have no clue about Pippen and base your opinion on things Lebron trolls post on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    He's not equivalent, but he's in the ilk of Pippen. Like an 85% Pippen. Similar skills and he'd occupy the same role on a team structured like the Bulls.

Don't see how that's wrong in any way. Even their weaknesses are similar.
    Just because their skills are 85% similar doesn't make them equal players. Iggy is not even in the same stratosphere as Pippen as a player. As I said, Pippen is a top 25 GOAT and Iggy is not even top 200 on a good day. Put him on any team in the history of the sport and he's not even coming close to what Pippen achieved in his career.

Classic AJ not understanding how things work around here. He gets more all defensive selections mainly for 2 reasons:

1. He's not the go to scorer anymore, Bryant is, so Iguodala can exert more energy on defense.

2. He's on a better team. Him and Kobe are contenders, so he'll naturally get more exposure. More exposure = more media awards = more all stars.

I should just ignore your asinine posts, considering the fact that you said Iggy and Kobe would win 6 or more, but I'll just touch on this one point.

In 2012, Iggy was pretty much in his prime/peak and was scoring a monstrous 12 PPG. Didn't make the All-Def team.

In 2013, dude was averaging 13 a game at 29 and didn't make an All-Def team, let alone the All-NBA team.

Can you tell me why he didn't make the All-Def team in '15, when he was on the best team in the league?

Pippen was All-Def FIRST team in 1999, after he left the Bulls and All-Def second in 2000. Again, this was after the Bulls when he was with the Rockets and Blazers.

Oh, and Pippen was making All-Def First teams while averaging 22/9/6/3/1. Tough luck that Iggy was to fatigued to play defense after dropping a mind boggling 14 PPG.

People saying Iggy and Pippen are equal players...

What next? Gilbert Arenas and Kobe are equal players because they share similar skills?

National High School Star Akeem34TheDream's Avatar

What next? Gilbert Arenas and Kobe are equal players because they share similar skills?

Just because their skills are 85% similar doesn't make them equal players. Iggy is not even in the same stratosphere as Pippen as a player. As I said, Pippen is a top 25 GOAT and Iggy is not even top 200 on a good day. Put him on any team in the history of the sport and he's not even coming close to what Pippen achieved in his career.
    Duh. I said he's not equivalent. But not 85% similar skills, 85% value and I think that's about right. IIRC there were about 4000 players in the NBA so far. So 85% of a 1% player (top 40) would put him somewhere around top 600ish. I think Iggy somewhere around 300 in my book.
    Last edited by Overdrive; 04-17-2019 at 01:03 PM.