Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I'm really worried that kobe and other NBA players are using PED's

(maybe worried isnt the word. more like id be heart broken)
    Coming from a DIEhard laker fan, shit is just sketch.

NOW, let it be known, I'm no expert but gotdamn, some red flags in my eyes and correct me if I'm wrong.

Using steroids had certain side effects such as weakining of legiments, you know tearing an Achilles.

How is it that, an injury that's career ending, is about to only take kobe out for 4 months. Really? Wtf. I knew there were questions that stated him coming back at all at 35 but in record time? Sketch.

Reminds me of Metta World Peace's "6week" time table being only 10 days. Not a red flag?

And it's just weird that kobe at 34, was playing some of the best and modt efficient basketball of his whole life? Especially when the last 2 years he had knee problems and crap and now? It's seemingly gone.

I think of Dwade. Guy once had a bad knee injury and came back for the Olympics and came back super fast and better than ever. That made me suspicious. Now look at him? Guy is falling apart. Another sign of steroid usage.
    I'm not even going to talk about his jaw.

Then you have other guys who look suspicious too, and you have guys like Rashard Lewis, Hedo, and mayo who have been caught.

Idk.

I'm a huge basketball fan, and bigger laker fan.

And I want more than anyone for it to be untrue of Kobe and other NBA players using steroids but its been bugging me for the last year.

Shit just taints the game and would ruin it for me.

Thoughts ?

Banned

Default Re: I'm really worried that kobe and other NBA players are using PED's

I think kobe, metta, wade are 3 of the hardest physically working players in the nba. Wade and metta are definitely using hgh. But as far as roids. I doubt it.

Nope. Just hard working guys in the rehab/weight room. Theyre gym rats

You're comparing the time tables/return of the average citizen to the top physically gifted rich elite with unlimited resources ...

Ofcourse kobe will only take half the time. Hes twice as rich, twiceas driven, twice as athletic, twice as strong, and has twice the available science, doctors, rehab machines with a better diet and workout routine. That and its his job. The average person has to rehab on their spare time. Kobe is rehabing like its his job.

Because it is

Banned

Achilles is career ending from the standpoint that the athlete is no longer effective.

It doesn't mean he has to take a year off. You can comeback in 4 months but it doesn't mean he will be the same player.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)

NOW, let it be known, I'm no expert but gotdamn, some red flags in my eyes and correct me if I'm wrong.

Using steroids had certain side effects such as weakining of legiments, you know tearing an Achilles.

How is it that, an injury that's career ending, is about to only take kobe out for 4 months. Really? Wtf. I knew there were questions that stated him coming back at all at 35 but in record time? Sketch.

Reminds me of Metta World Peace's "6week" time table being only 10 days. Not a red flag?

And it's just weird that kobe at 34, was playing some of the best and modt efficient basketball of his whole life? Especially when the last 2 years he had knee problems and crap and now? It's seemingly gone.

I think of Dwade. Guy once had a bad knee injury and came back for the Olympics and came back super fast and better than ever. That made me suspicious. Now look at him? Guy is falling apart. Another sign of steroid usage.

Then you have other guys who look suspicious too, and you have guys like Rashard Lewis, Hedo, and mayo who have been caught.

Idk.

And I want more than anyone for it to be untrue of Kobe and other NBA players using steroids but its been bugging me for the last year.

Thoughts ?
    It doesn't matter, I honestly don't care.

It'll be dumb if they DON'T use any sort of enhancement supplement. It's naive to pretend that pro athletes DON'T do so.

We've come to think of PED's as a taboo drug when it isn't so depending on what it is and how it's being administered. These athletes are far more educated than we are. I'm sure they're hiring educated trainers to monitor any supplement they may take.

Also one thing to consider and something I've mentioned repeatedly in the past.

Medicine has evolved from the 80s and 90s when we were exposed to PEDs. Training methods, surgery procedures, medicine, diet all aid in PED use. Players still have to put in the effort and hard work. Athletes still need to be naturally athletic and have strong regenerating (is that even a word?) abilities to heal.

At the end of the day, the playing field is leveled when msot players are taking some sort of supplement.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)

Idk.

Thoughts ?

I agree with most of what you said.

And a square jawline is usually the first dead giveaway of steroid use, I think Wade is on something.

Kobe? Not sure, but I really do hope if there is any use of PED's in the NBA, that it is only isolated cases.

It is cheating.

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Well, Kobe isn't entirely human from what I've seen. I think we can give him a pass.

National High School Star

Geneticgiftbe!

Seriously though, these guys started out 100x more athletic than most of us. People seriously forget how ridiculously athletic Kobe Bryant is. He had about a 2 year period where he wasn't really dunking that much due to his knees and people seem to think he was done (in terms of athleticism). Taking time off, repair, rehabilitation, strengthening etc will do wonders for anybody (especially geneticgiftbe).

Thus far in his 17 year career he has:

-Broke his wrist (prior to 99 season)
    -Bum ankle against Indiana for the first chip (99-00)
    -Surgery on right shoulder (03-04)
    -Re-aggravating surgically repaired right shoulder (03-04)
    -Missing a month with a sprained ankle (04-05)
    -Lower back in WCF (07-08)
    -Finger injuries (09-10 to present?)
    -Ankle sprain (09-10)
    -German right knee surgery (3x previous right knee surgeries)
    -Torn Wrist ligament (2011-2012)

And finally, the Achilles. He'll be back. And dunking. And swishing. And dishing (sometimes). And winning.

personally, i wouldn't mind PEDs being used in any sports. so long as the drug is not dangerous or addictive, i think it should be allowed. i mean, what's the difference between PEDs and multivitamins? or PEDs and stem cell injections or whatever procedure they get in Germany? all of them are substances or procedures that enhances the body's functions.

athletes train and enhance their bodies to the best of their ability. the more they are athletically enhanced, the more the sports they play get better. the level of competition gets higher and we all see better entertainment.

if no one's getting hurt, then why should we ban it?

that's just what i think though.

My god Kobe stans are ridiculous.

How many times has this been posted?

Look at that jaw idiots.

And then they wonder why nobody takes them serious.

So people think it is ok to get an unfair advantage??? I mean i'm sure anyone in the league can get access but the players who make 30 mil a season have too much of an advantage.

Either the league should regulate how much peds everyone should take or crack down hard on players who are trying to take advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei89
    My god Kobe stans are ridiculous.

How many times has this been posted?

Look at that jaw idiots.

And then they wonder why nobody takes them serious.

http://content9.flixster.com/rtactor.../42267_pro.jpg

Looks nothing alike.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Of course it does. You are just plain stupid. He is a kid in that photo. His jaw looks ridiculous for a kid.

You know it and I know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei89
    Of course it does. You are just plain stupid. He is a kid in that photo. His jaw looks ridiculous for a kid.

You know it and I know it.
    Would it bother you if Wade was taking steroids? You will still idolise him and go to his games...

Wade's jaw has looked fuller and chubbier over the years...

Here's one earlier in his career, now comapre that to my last image.

http://dwyanewade3.webs.com/photos/null/Wade.jpg

Here's another one:

http://nbanationaustralia.files.word...e-wade_300.gif
    Last edited by poido123; 07-11-2013 at 04:53 AM.

Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

My logic is if their performance seems inhuman then it probably is.

Very good NBA starter

Worry about Lebron first.

Never injured. Looks like a tank. Giant floating head.