Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Default Re: Why was there no interest in Vassilis Spanoulis?

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    And he did not "blow his chance against the best", as he was the absolute nightmare of Team USA 2 different times.
    Wow, 2 different times? That's a huge sample size. Let's talk about Darren Collison dishing out 18 and 20 assists in 2 different games

Jasikevicius was not good enough for a starting role in the NBA, he tried and failed. Nothing wrong with that, being a professional player is very impressive even if it's only at the Euroleague level. Jasikevicius absolutely sucked in the NBA, but many did, and even more will in the future. So what? If he's more athletic than Tony Parker, he has to be all the less skilled and intelligent if you look at his lackluster NBA performances.

I'm from Europe btw, and there are some aspects I really like better in Euroleague. And some guys over here get underrated for sure. Jasikevicius still sucked in the NBA though.
    Last edited by dr.hee; 07-10-2013 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    Who knows? Nobody expected Olympiacos to win the Euroleague again, and they did.
    Spanoulis has chosen to play where he likes to be, it's a good decision.
    Not really. The craziness in the Greek League has gotten totally absurd. This last championship was even worse than the one 3 years ago.

Kyle Hines gave an interview where he said he left Olympiacos because of the craziness going on with the refs, the PAO owner, and the fans in both the SEF and OAKA arenas.

He said his family begged him to leave because they did not feel safe, after people are being attacked and death threats are being made by the Panathinaikos owner.

The refs being threatened with death at halftime by the PAO owner and essentially he got away without any legal charges brought against him and just got fined and suspended.........

then the finals being suspended and called off due to "fan interference" for the 2nd time in the last 3 years.......

The Greek League has gotten completely insane and crazy and the current Panathinaikos owner is insane. I would have taken that huge offer from CSKA and got out if I was Spanoulis. Just like Hines did.

There are not too many sane and normal people in the Panathinaikos fan base, but the ones that are - they are all scared of this current owner and what he is going to do. Things have gotten completely crazy and insane.

Did you know that the Euroleague already threatened that Panathinaikos would be banned from Euroleague if they keep doing this stuff?
    Last edited by Euroleague; 07-10-2013 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.hee
    Wow, 2 different times? That's a huge sample size. Let's talk about Darren Collison dishing out 18 and 20 assists in 2 different games

Jasikevicius was not good enough for a starting role in the NBA, he tried and failed. Nothing wrong with that, being a professional player is very impressive even if it's only at the Euroleague level. Jasikevicius absolutely sucked in the NBA, but many did, and even more will in the future. So what? If he's more athletic than Tony Parker, he has to be all the less skilled and intelligent if you look at his lackluster NBA performances.

I'm from Europe btw, and there are some aspects I really like better in Euroleague. And some guys over here get underrated for sure. Jasikevicius still sucked in the NBA though.
    Sarunas Jasikevicius Euroleague career -

206 games played - 96 games started

Since you are obviously retarded and basic math is beyond your grasp, that means he only started in 46.6% of the games he played in Euroleague.

And Darren Collison would not even make the rotation of Barca, the team Saras was playing in at age 37 this last season.

And I never said one damn thing about Jasikevicius being more athletic than Tony Parker you mental midget.

If you ever have an original thought to share, or a salient point to make, do it. Otherwise, piss the hell off.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 07-10-2013 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    No one claims Jasi was a scrub on Maccabi. He was the finals MVP...Parker the overall MVP.. He was Tony Parker to Anthony Parker's Duncan. So to speak.

Even in the NBA Jasi wasn't a scrub, that's what V-Span in the NBA was.
    TROLL STATUS CONFIRMED

Last edited by Euroleague; 07-10-2013 at 05:25 AM.

Sarunas Jasikevicius Euroleague career -

206 games played - 96 games started

Since you are obviously retarded and basic math is beyond your grasp, that means he only started in 46.6% of the games he played in Euroelague.

And Darren Collison would not even make the rotation of Barca, the team Saras was playing in at age 37 this last season.

And I never said one damn thing about him being more athletic than Tony Parker you mental midget.

If you ever have an original thought to share, or a salient point to make, do it. Otherwise, piss the hell off.
    Doesn't change the fact that Jasikevicius couldn't get it done in the NBA. Not good enough apparently. Or did the coaches not hug him enough like they did with Spanoulis?

Doesn't change the fact that Jasikevicius couldn't get it done in the NBA. Not good enough apparently. Or did the coaches not hug him enough like they did with Spanoulis?
    Ricky Rubio
    Ty Lawson
    Gary Neal
    Goran Dragic
    Brian Roberts
    Jose Calderon
    Brandon Jennings

etc.

NBA rotation point guards that could not get it done in Euroleague. Maybe their coaches in Euroleague did not hug them enough.

Ricky Rubio
    Ty Lawson
    Gary Neal
    Goran Dragic
    Brian Roberts
    Jose Calderon
    Brandon Jennings

etc.

NBA rotation point guards that could not get it done in Euroleague. Maybe their coaches in Euroleague did not hug them enough.
    If I say Jasikevicius sucked in the NBA, that's a valid statement. If player xy sucked in Euroleague, that's valid, too. So what is your point?

Not really. The craziness in the Greek League has gotten totally absurd. This last championship was even worse than the one 3 years ago.

Kyle Hines gave an interview where he said he left Olympiacos because of the craziness going on with the refs, the PAO owner, and the fans in both the SEF and OAKA arenas.

He said his family begged him to leave because they did not feel safe, after people are being attacked and death threats are being made by the Panathinaikos owner.

The refs being threatened with death at halftime by the PAO owner and essentially he got away without any legal charges brought against him and just got fined and suspended.........

then the finals being suspended and called off due to "fan interference" for the 2nd time in the last 3 years.......

The Greek League has gotten completely insane and crazy and the current Panathinaikos owner is insane. I would have taken that huge offer from CSKA and got out if I was Spanoulis. Just like Hines did.

There are not too many sane and normal people in the Panathinaikos fan base, but the ones that are - they are all scared of this current owner and what he is going to do. Things have gotten completely crazy and insane.

Did you know that the Euroleague already threatened that Panathinaikos would be banned from Euroleague if they keep doing this stuff?
    I thought you were saying he made a bad decision based on on-court stuff, or salary wise.
    As for all the things you mention, you're right. I think I read an interview to Spanoulis where he talked about how wrong things are going in Greece.

This is where Euroleague is correct. It's getting absurd over there with the violence and fanaticism. It's really a shame that V.Span didn't push a little more to join the NBA. If I were in his shoes, I would tell my agent to push
    for an NBA contract.

It's not two different times, BTW. VSpan totally destroyed team USA once in 2006, but then played very poorly in a blowout loss in 2008. So there.

Spanoulis turned down a $10.5 million higher offer from CSKA. I think he made a big, big mistake in doing that. And remember, he's not loved at all in Greece. He is the most hated player in the history of world basketball by 95+% of Panathinaikos fans, which makes up 1/3 of the worldwide Greek fan base. This is the guy that has 20,000 PAO fans singing about how they will rape and kill his mother, singing that in unison at OAKA when he is playing there.

This is the guy that was forced to give blood and urine samples AFTER EVERY GAME in Greek League, because a sports website owned by Panathinaikos' owner claimed he was doping. No apologies were made after he passed every test. But the league enforced that, just because the PAO owner had one of his sports websites make the claim. The league is run by guys that went through the Panathinaikos club system.

He is also savaged on a daily basis by the Greek media, which the owner of Panathinaikos owns about 40% of Greek sports media. And of course he is treated horribly by the refs in Greece, which the former President of Panathinaikos runs the Greek ref association and all the refs in the Greek League playoffs came through the Panathinaikos club system.

Never mind the insane nonsense that goes on in the games with the hooligans and all that craziness with players being attacked, the arena being torn up, and championship games not ending and instead being called and given to the opponents by the refs, due to "fan interference".

Spanoulis does not have the same situation that Diamantidis has in Panathinaikos, or that Navarro has in Barca. Not even close to be honest about it. He makes more money than they do, but really, he made a big mistake not signing that huge contract CSKA offered him.
    lol

If I say Jasikevicius sucked in the NBA, that's a valid statement. If player xy sucked in Euroleague, that's valid, too. So what is your point?
    You said Calderon was more talented than Jasikevicius. That's my point. You are totally full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J4ever
    This is where Euroleague is correct. It's getting absurd over there with the violence and fanaticism. It's really a shame that V.Span didn't push a little more to join the NBA. If I were in his shoes, I would tell my agent to push
    for an NBA contract.
    2 NBA teams did offer him contracts and a starting position at point guard. The reason he did not take those offers, or the great offer of Barca - the biggest and best sports club in the world (which was making him by far and away the highest paid player in the history of Spanish League, they were offering him almost double what Rudy Fernandez and Juan Carlos Navarro make in Spain).....

or a huge offer from CSKA as far as European contracts go (3 years $27 million) is because his wife did not want to leave Athens.

They have 3 young kids, a newborn baby, and she is very close to her family. So that is why he stayed with Olympiacos, even though he got much less money from them (in NBA terms 3 years $15.6 million).

I think he should have taken the offer of Barca, or an NBA team, or definitely the offer of CSKA, where he could play with zero pressure and only have to play hard in 2 games in an entire season.

In Barca or the NBA it would also be 10 times easier for him and with much less pressure. He has to do ridiculous work and effort in Olympiacos and he's under unbelievable pressure there.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 07-10-2013 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J4ever
    It's not two different times, BTW. VSpan totally destroyed team USA once in 2006, but then played very poorly in a blowout loss in 2008. So there.
    First of all, it IS 2 different times. Jasikevicius was a total nightmare for USA TWICE. In 2000 and 2004.

Secondly, Spanoulis did NOT play "very poorly in 2008".

He had an extremely good game in 2008. If he played very poorly in 2008, there would have been no reason for Team USA to have to double team him after the first 15 minutes of the game.

STOP LYING.

You just can't stop. JUST FOR ONCE STOP LYING.

Banned

2 NBA teams did offer him contracts and a starting position at point guard. The reason he did not take those offers, or the great offer of Barca - the biggest and best sports club in the world (which was making him by far and away the highest paid player in the history of Spanish League, they were offering him almost double what Rudy Fernandez and Juan Carlos Navarro make in Spain).....

or a huge offer from CSKA as far as European contracts go (3 years $27 million) is because his wife did not want to leave Athens.

They have 3 young kids, a newborn baby, and she is very close to her family. So that is why he stayed with Olympiacos, even though he got much less money from them (in NBA terms 3 years $15.6 million).

I think he should have taken the offer of Barca, or an NBA team, or definitely the offer of CSKA, where he could play with zero pressure and only have to play hard in 2 games in an entire season.

In Barca or the NBA it would also be 10 times easier for him and with much less pressure. He has to do ridiculous work and effort in Olympiacos and he's under unbelievable pressure there.
    His wife is a stoopid b!tch then.