Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Kareem's Skyhook *WARNING - Content Others May Find Disturbing*

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    oh..a 90's star with Dream's skillset...easily 18 - 20ppg 10 - 12 reb for prime Dream..outside of peak play...10 - 14 PPG 7 - 9 reb...
    i'm 23 so i'm not an old school junky but Hakeem averaged 17 in 1999. you're telling me Hakeem in his prime wouldn't average more PPG than David Lee if he was playing in the league today when he outscored Shaq in the Finals.

Prime Shaq is a 16ppg scorer in the NBA today right?

Kareem and McGee shouldnt even be in the same sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    i'm 23 so i'm not an old school junky but Hakeem averaged 17 in 1999. you're telling me Hakeem in his prime wouldn't average more PPG than David Lee if he was playing in the league today when he outscored Shaq in the Finals.

so if he averaged 17 in 1999....what did he average in 1994 in his prime??

and why are you talking about Dream who was a star in the 90's...when I was talking about 2 generations before that???
    Last edited by AlphaWolf24; 03-29-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke

A small, weak, unathletic scrub ass Hakeem with moves that every 5th grader can pull off would be lucky to post 10 PPG and 5 RPG at his peak. Today's league has hyper athletes like this putting up 27 PPG 15 RPG:

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    A small, weak, unathletic scrub ass Hakeem with moves that every 5th grader can pull off would be lucky to post 10 PPG and 5 RPG at his peak. Today's league has hyper athletes like this putting up 27 PPG 15 RPG:

yes because Kevin Duckworth was a super Athlete..(sighs)

I was talking about 50's / 60's era players...and then he brought up Hakeem??

kid is crazy.
    Last edited by AlphaWolf24; 03-29-2012 at 02:36 PM.

I rule the local playground

Watching those just reminds me...how far we have come a a sport.

those were High Level post moves back in the day..especially the shoulder fake.

Now every 5th grader can do those moves...

Wilt and Kareem = Javalee Mcgee in modern era.
    holy SHIT are you a moron or what.

so if he averaged 17 in 1999....what did he average in 1994 in his prime??

and why are you talking about Dream who was a star in the 90's...when I was talking about 2 generations before that???
    because kareem outplayed Hakeem when Kareem was very old, and Wilt played pretty even-ish against Kareem when Kareem was in his Prime and Wilt was old and injured

Quote Originally Posted by sagr32
    I won't comment on how goaltending was called back then cause i wasn't around to watch it but the first one was a clear goaltend whether they called it or not. The thing about that shot is that it never really got much higher then his initial release so it can't really be called a block based on it soley being on its downward trajectory. In that GIF it got up a bit and as the ball started going down Gilmore blocked it. If that isn't a goaltend I don't know what is.
    To be fair that's an ABA vs NBA all-star game. It isn't possible the ref's were either bias (if hosted by the ABA) or perhaps letting stuff fly to keep the game entertaining. I should note Kareem does not complain or even give a glance to the refs in any of the 2 clips in the footage I pulled them from. You'd think he'd be kinda pissed if those guys were goal tending him w/o getting calls no? If not the All-Star game then certainly that LA/Bucks playoff game

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarip
    because kareem outplayed Hakeem when Kareem was very old, and Wilt played pretty even-ish against Kareem when Kareem was in his Prime and Wilt was old and injured

my fault , I was just referencing the skillset...similar to lesser Bigs today (my example was Mcgee)...

no one knows how they would do in modern era's...still prolly be amazing just need more skill's to dominate the same way.

Wilt outplayed Kareem in the playoffs. Not necessarily the regular season (especially in '72) but both playoff matchups Wilt has the upper hand. In '71 he played so well against Kareem the Milwaukee Bucks fans gave him a several minute standing ovation for the show he put on. Old veterans can still ball when it counts. Your point still stands, I was just reinforcing it even more so based on how Wilt did against the then "MVP" Kareem.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    To be fair that's an ABA vs NBA all-star game. It isn't possible the ref's were either bias (if hosted by the ABA) or perhaps letting stuff fly to keep the game entertaining. I should note Kareem does not complain or even give a glance to the refs in any of the 2 clips in the footage I pulled them from. You'd think he'd be kinda pissed if those guys were goal tending him w/o getting calls no? If not the All-Star game then certainly that LA/Bucks playoff game
    If it was an in all star game I can see why it might not be called. i mean the all star game is all about entertainment and how much more entertainment could you get at that time then kareem's hook being blocked. And those gifs didn't show kareems reaction so how could you know he didn't complain to the refs had it been a playoff or regular season game?

this

my fault , I was just referencing the skillset...similar to lesser Bigs today (my example was Mcgee)...

no one knows how they would do in modern era's...still prolly be amazing just need more skill's to dominate the same way.
    what? they have better skillset than all active bigs today...

Mcgee doesn't have a great skillset at all.

and they were way more skilled than dwight who's like the best now although not the most skilled.

McGee and "skill set" in the same sentence as KAJ are you nuts!?

Your poor child, the issue at hand here is that since post-play and back-to-the basket skills have eroded into oblivion you are incapable of EVEN RECOGNIZING THEM.

You poor child. Bless your soul. Some day you will learn about post skill I have faith in you.

Quote Originally Posted by sagr32
    If it was an in all star game I can see why it might not be called. i mean the all star game is all about entertainment and how much more entertainment could you get at that time then kareem's hook being blocked. And those gifs didn't show kareems reaction so how could you know he didn't complain to the refs had it been a playoff or regular season game?
    Because I made the gifs and trimmed them down from video that was longer than the gifs themselves.

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

So 3 blocked shots means what? 99.9% of his skyhooks didn't get blocked.