Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LeBron vs Dr.J

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: LeBron vs Dr.J

I am not counting ABA titles, they were not the best team in the world..
    Eh. By the end it was kinda similar. The 76 Nuggets lost in 6 to Doctor J...next season they lost to the NBA champion blazers in the same 6 games. They had the second best record in the NBa...and took the Blazers to 6 games while the Lakers with Kareem and the best record in the NBA got swept.

The 76 nuggets who Doc wiped out...had 3 1977 NBA all stars...2 of them in the HOF. And the one that isnt was a 10 time all D teamer.

Doc gets no credit for beating the team that had the second best record in the NBA the very next season? They had a better record than the actual 77 NBA champs.

They were more than solid...

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Eh. By the end it was kinda similar. The 76 Nuggets lost in 6 to Doctor J...next season they lost to the NBA champion blazers in the same 6 games. They had the second best record in the NBa...and took the Blazers to 6 games while the Lakers with Kareem and the best record in the NBA got swept.

The 76 nuggets who Doc wiped out...had 3 1977 NBA all stars...2 of them in the HOF. And the one that isnt was a 10 time all D teamer.

Doc gets no credit for beating the team that had the second best record in the NBA the very next season? They had a better record than the actual 77 NBA champs.

Doctor J is criminally underrated.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32

That landing was funny and if that was D-rose torn acl.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Doctor J is criminally underrated.
    I always thought so. Having grown up in the 70's, the basketball world was dominated by 2 names: Kareem and Doctor J.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by stanlove1111
    In 1983 Irving was not even the best player on his team..I will take what Lebron did with Cleveland over anything Irving ever did.
    So confused. In 1983 Kyrie hadn't even been born. So he certainly wasn't the best player on the team.

Nice

Let's also not forget that the Blazers were reinforced by ABA stalwart Maurice Lucas at PF. If i this was a pure ABA vs. NBA title face off, the Blazers would not have the services of the ABA dispersal draft . ABA teams who joined the NBA were not allowed to join that dispersal draft BTW.

In 1983, Erving, not Irving, was joined by Moses. Doc had been the leader of the 76er team since 1976-77. He took the Sixers to 3 Finals before Moses joined Philly.

More than anything, Moses was a hired gun to give the Sixers a consistent inside presence to battle Boston's all time great front court, and the Lakers' KAJ. During the early 80s, the NBA was dominated by centers. This is why no MVP was a non center until Doc won it in 1981 since Oscar in 1964 or there about.

Yes, Moses was the more dominant player for Philly, and was the most dominant player in the NBA that year, but Doc brought the team together. He could have battled it out ego vs ego with Moses, and tried to out score him every game. He didn't, and there's no question that he was still the 76ers best all around player on the team and he made it work out chemistry wise.

What I can't figure out is this : Magic and Bird had great centers or great front courts with them their entire careers, and no one holds this against them. Doc finally gets a great center and promptly wins a title, and he gets less credit. WTH?
    Last edited by Dr.J4ever; 08-26-2014 at 12:53 PM.

A Humble Lebron Fan Dragic4Life's Avatar

This is an insult to Lebron smh.

I rule the local playground

There was nobody around who thought the Nuggets had a chance of winning the title in 76-77 because they didn't. They were not really a serious contender at all.

Irving went to a much better team in Phila then he had in NJ and he didn't win it.,

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Dr. J, King of the ABA

King of the second best league in the world.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    LeBron > Kobe > Dr. J > Tmac > Vince > Wade
    This better be a perma ban.

[QUOTE=Dr.J4ever]Nice

Yes, Moses was the more dominant player for Philly, and was the most dominant player in the NBA that year, but Doc brought the team together. He could have battled it out ego vs ego with Moses, and tried to out score him every game. He didn't, and there's no question that he was still the 76ers best all around player on the team and he made it work out chemistry wise.

QUOTE]

No Moses was the best all around player on Phila and its not even close. Not sure why you are trying this,

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stanlove1111
    There was nobody around who thought the Nuggets had a chance of winning the title in 76-77 because they didn't. They were not really a serious contender at all.

Irving went to a much better team in Phila then he had in NJ and he didn't win it.,

You dont strike me as someone who knows anything about the subject matter so im gonna leave that alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragic4Life
    This is an insult to Lebron smh.
    Lebron is a top 7 player ever and Erving is a top 14 maybe..

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

are ppl really arguing that dr j was better or just trolling?

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32