Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Durant eventually to Houston, joins Harden / Dwight?

Jalen Rose predicts it will happen. Durant and Harden being great friends, OKC having made the mistake of breaking up that young, talented trio a bit too early. Competing with the likes of other "big three" caliber teams. Does anyone else find it plausible Durant would move to Houston to play for the Rockets, re-unite with his butt buddy Harden and form another big three in Clutch City?

Jalen also predicted Russell Westbrook and Kevin Love would both make their way to LA to play for the Lakers during this whole processs. Anyway, I thought it was an interesting hypothetical. Thoughts?

Default Re: Durant eventually to Houston, joins Harden / Dwight?

Will Houston have the money?

Top 1 Bball Mind.

That would be a scary trio.

NBA Superstar

People are getting Durant confused with LeBron

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0

and the streak lives on

Lebron of ISH

I have yet do see you post something that doesn't have Tojo do with Lebron

we're talking about it on clutchfans. let me go find a link. a guy pretty much sums up how it's possible.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by LeGOAT
    I have yet do see you post something that doesn't have Tojo do with Lebron
    If you were truly looking at my posts you'd see thats not true at all, turns out you have yet to reply to anything of mine that doesn't include LeBron, so who is the dickrider here, LeGOAT?

[COLOR="Gray"]For people who think the whole cap thing prevents this from happening, it actually won't. I actually thought about this earlier in the summer.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.p...5&postcount=35

Because Howard has an opt-out clause in 2016, this actually HELPS the Rockets chances of landing Durant. Because Howard can take less than max and fit Durant in with both players taking a bit less than absolute max. It requires some cap management. But if Durant states from back channels that he wants to be in Houston, Morey WILL make the necessary moves to make sure everyone but rookie contracts expire in 2016. This is easier than one may think, at slight but not ridiculous cost to the roster. [/COLOR]

Decent college freshman

Not for the time being, but some time in the future when durant grows frustration of not winning a ring. he will pull a lebron, or form a team like kevin garnett ray allen paul pierce did...
    eventually many superstars left their teams when they didnt win. Allen iverson another player in my head, went to denver.

it will be intresting to see, because i dont see durant winning a ring in okc. they just dont seem to have strong tools and financial muscle to build great role players around him

Who knows? Durant is obsessed with becoming the kind of player that LeBron is. Wouldn't surprise me if he tried to follow his career path by forming a superteam.

If you were truly looking at my posts you'd see thats not true at all, turns out you have yet to reply to anything of mine that doesn't include LeBron, so who is the dickrider here, LeGOAT?
    dat ether

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    [COLOR="Gray"]For people who think the whole cap thing prevents this from happening, it actually won't. I actually thought about this earlier in the summer.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.p...5&postcount=35

Because Howard has an opt-out clause in 2016, this actually HELPS the Rockets chances of landing Durant. Because Howard can take less than max and fit Durant in with both players taking a bit less than absolute max. It requires some cap management. But if Durant states from back channels that he wants to be in Houston, Morey WILL make the necessary moves to make sure everyone but rookie contracts expire in 2016. This is easier than one may think, at slight but not ridiculous cost to the roster. [/COLOR]
    No. First off, no player has EVER opted out to take less from the same team. Its silly.

Secondly, if he opted out his cap hold would be enormous and if they rescinded it they couldn't even offer a 5th year. So they would have to sign Dwight first. Which means they wouldn't have ANY money left for Durant, who will almost certainly be the best player in the NBA at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    Who knows? Durant is obsessed with becoming the kind of player that LeBron is. Wouldn't surprise me if he tried to follow his career path by forming a superteam.
    This. Lebron brutally popped Durant's cherry in the finals and now he's obsessed with him in a traumatic way.