Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Good college starter

Default Re: Durant vs. Lebron? Maybe Durant should get to Melo's level first

Quote Originally Posted by secund2nun
    Durant is way better against every team in the NBA than Melo is aside from direct head to head matchups against Melo. So what if Melo beats Durant head to head? That means very little. Durant is a far superior player than Melo.

Also it should be noted that they have only faced each other once since January 2011 and that was in April 2013. Durant has improved so much since January 2011 while Melo is pretty much the same player since then.

April 2013 result:

Durant: 7/17 27 points 7 assists 3 rebounds 4 blocks
    Melo: 15/29 36 points 0 assists 12 rebounds 1 block

It was a relatively even performance by both. Durant scored better, Melo rebounded better, but Durant passed better.
    How in the hell did Durant score better? Anyone who actually saw the game knows it was far from an even performance and that like always, Carmelo vastly outplayed Durant. The only reason Durant had over 20 points was because the refs kept sending him to the line after every breeze that headed his way. I remember there was a point towards the end of the game where OKC was intentionally trying to foul Melo and it took the refs a few seconds to call the foul.

These hoes ain't loyal Nuff Said's Avatar

3 scoring titles>1

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsFanNumero1
    Nice. So h2h matchups are completely useless now?

If one player continuously outplays you, it doesn't mean anything?

Clowns here pissed because their favorite player gets absolutely shat on by what they consider to be an "inferior" player.
    maybe because half those machups come from prime melo vs. rookie/young durant

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Do they even defend each other in the head to head match ups?

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Are you? So you want to completely ignore the fact that Melo dominates Durant in every aspect in their h2h matchups?

I posed a simple question at the end. Which team would you take if these two players were to matchup in the playoffs?
    I'd rather take what Durant has done in the other 300 games for the past 3 years.

Even if, say, Derek Fisher completely dominated Chris Paul in all of their head to head match-ups over the past five years, Chris Paul is still lightyears ahead of Fisher based on what has happened in the other 500 games.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    I'd rather take what Durant has done in the other 300 games for the past 3 years.

Even if, say, Derek Fisher completely dominated Chris Paul in all of their head to head match-ups over the past five years, Chris Paul is still lightyears ahead of Fisher based on what has happened in the other 500 games.
    Well, first of all, Fisher is a role player. But more importantly, the likes of Fisher will never dominate Chris Paul over dozens of games. If he did, you'd have a point.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Durant

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh Kid
    thats why durant choked in tha 2nd round against tha no star grizzlies.

beautiful display of ignorance. 10/10 would rage again

College superstar

Taking all this into account, if I were to pick a Melo-led or Durant-led team in a matchup in the playoffs, I'd always go with Melo's team.
    Taking into account Melo has made it to the second round of the playoffs twice in his life and KD has the last three years, it would be a bad bet.

[QUOTE=Frozen1]Durant

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

LeBron made Durant cry like a b.itch on live television when they played each other in the Finals

Oden>>>>Durant

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Well, first of all, Fisher is a role player. But more importantly, the likes of Fisher will never dominate Chris Paul over dozens of games. If he did, you'd have a point.
    Okay then...Deron Williams has gotten the better of Chris Paul in head to heat match ups. But i'd easily take Chris Paul's work over the past five years than Deron's.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    I think Durant is definitely better than Melo... but it's close.

If Durant had to make a living out of JR Smith being his #2, he would have minimal playoff success as well. I sure as hell don't think he would be a top 2 seed every year without Westbrook.
    Well considering that was mostly the knicks fault in making JR 2nd option
    They were playing small ball and had Melo at the 4 and playing the 3 ball excessively.

Before melo arrived,Amare was considered an MVP candidate at one point
    put up over 10 straight games of 30,10
    and then Dantoni changed it and Woodson started utilizing small balk with Melo at 4

When JR Smith is getting more fga,more min than Your Highest paid player and 2nd star,Theres a problem there

Small Ball doesnt work for the knicks bc they dont have the personell for it
    They have offense with melo at 4 causing problems for other team,but they dont have size,defense or rebounding to make up on other end
    The heat have two way players and length(wades wingspan,lebron,bosh)to make up for it and theyre 3 solid rebounders and dont have the iq of a rock like jr

The Knicks are never going to win if jr is 2nd
    They rely on the 3 too much and if that isnt falling,they arent utilizing a different game besides carmelo isoing the other times
    People saw against the Heat,20 plus 3s made,win
    Not many 3s or jackin em up,jr smith and melo playing I got this ball
    they lose

and Durant may not be top 2 without WB,saw during Grizz series how he struggled but hell still put up stats and pts,and would utilize playmaking teammates more,Melo hell put up more fga

KD followed the LeBron method,no teammates
    playmake,rebound,do everything more,carry the load
    Melo followed the Kobe method,no teammates
    Score more,have more fga,get the ball more

Thats the difference

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    LeBron made Durant cry like a b.itch on live television when they played each other in the Finals

Oden>>>>Durant

Seriously Oden>Durant
    Really?

I realize your in love with LeBron and dont like KD bc LeBron-KD rivalry thing
    but no

Oden>Durant in College yeah

in NBA no
    unless Oden turns out to be a great c or all time great or one of best players in the next 2 years

While Oden looked good when he played in NBA and showed potential to be great before he got injured,he hasnt proven anything or shown anything since then

While I dont like Durant,hes still at Worst a top 5 maybe top 3 player at Worst
    LeBron has him beat but then again LeBron has everyone beat
    Durant is good,now whether he can carry a team or become more than a great Kevin Martin scorer that remains to be seen but the fact is
    Hes better than Oden

Thats like the conparison of
    Beasley or Rose
    Beasley was a beast,one of if not the best college player at the time
    Now,in NBA Rose

or Christian Laettner,
    Mario"I have Roses number"Chalmers,

So in conclusion simply put

college Oden>Durant
    Nba Durant>>> .....Oden

[QUOTE=Frozen1][B][SIZE="4"]Durant