Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-18-2018, 07:18 AM   #31
wagexslave
Messiahbolical

Default Re: Devin Booker 35PTS (19PTS IN 4TH) - AYTON 18PTS 10 REB 6AST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino24
He must have gotten to the playoffs with those performances
LMAO You can't be serious rn. I refuse to believe you dead ass believe the sh*t your mouth is spewing. Unless you're just crazy. There's no fking way someone who's not a complete lunatic would expect a 20-21 year old kid fresh into the league to carry ONE OF THE WORST NBA ROSTERS OF ALL TIME to the playoffs in the most competitive conference ever.
wagexslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:42 AM   #32
Vino24
Blunt stuntin’

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagexslave
LMAO You can't be serious rn. I refuse to believe you dead ass believe the sh*t your mouth is spewing. Unless you're just crazy. There's no fking way someone who's not a complete lunatic would expect a 20-21 year old kid fresh into the league to carry ONE OF THE WORST NBA ROSTERS OF ALL TIME to the playoffs in the most competitive conference ever.
Lebron did perhaps you have low expectations for your favorite player
Vino24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:58 AM   #33
wagexslave
Messiahbolical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino24
Lebron did perhaps you have low expectations for your favorite player
First off, Bron was not in one of the most competitive conferences ever at that age. The east was arguably even more trash back then as it is now. And we're talking about Lebron James, who is possibly the greatest overall basketball player of all time. Top 3 minimum. Trying to say D Book is trash just because he's not as good as Lebron is asinine.

Why not give the kid some credit. He's putting a display of offensive talent that few players have done at his age. Nobody's trying to say he's already top 10 all time or anything like that. We're just enjoying his game.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:25 AM   #34
Run&Gun=Fun
128 time NBA All Star

the McDonough firing is strange, the timing in particular. Sarver is a dickhead. Every player on this team was put there under McDonough and they played the best they have in years last night. What happens if the team is a huge success this year? Re-hire him?

The team obviously needs a PG but the fact McDonough wasn’t going to overpay for a mediocre one is actually good management. Sarver probably read some newspapers articles about the PG situation and fired him. The guy that drafted booker, warren, Jackson.
Sarver worst owner in sports, needs to sell the team and stop ruining The Suns for me.
Run&Gun=Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:56 AM   #35
Xover
The Rainman

Apparently McD had a trade lined up so he could move up in the draft and take shai alexander but was overruled by Sarver.

Sarver wanted Bridges. That being said, I still like bridges as a prospect
Xover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 01:41 PM   #36
wagexslave
Messiahbolical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run&Gun=Fun
the McDonough firing is strange, the timing in particular. Sarver is a dickhead. Every player on this team was put there under McDonough and they played the best they have in years last night. What happens if the team is a huge success this year? Re-hire him?

The team obviously needs a PG but the fact McDonough wasn’t going to overpay for a mediocre one is actually good management. Sarver probably read some newspapers articles about the PG situation and fired him. The guy that drafted booker, warren, Jackson.
Sarver worst owner in sports, needs to sell the team and stop ruining The Suns for me.
Personally I've learned to just get over the fact that Sarver is the owner. There's not much we can do about it really. He would have to sell the team, which I don't see him doing no matter how much we fuss. It is what it is.

But let's not make it out to be like McD was such a great GM. Yeah he drafted Booker, but nobody expected Book to be this good. I highly doubt even McD thought he would. So I'll give him partial credit. I give him more credit for the TJ Warren pick. Warren turned out to be exactly what we hoped he'd be. And he drafted Ayton who was the consensus #1 pick so that was a no-brainer. We were lucky enough just to even win the lottery and get to pick first.

So right off the bat, our 2 best players were mostly pure luck. Almost everyone in Phoenix wanted him to pick Josh Jackson if he was still on the board so that was a no-brainer too. And personally Josh is still a question mark, we don't know how good he's gonna be. But then look at guys like Alex Len, Dragan Bender, and Marquese Chriss who ended up being horrible busts for the spots they were selected. So there's really nothing amazing about McD's drafting history.

He also made plenty of questionable moves. Giving Bledsoe all of that money instead of Dragic who was the fan favorite and the better player.... that was infuriating. I wasn't surprised one bit when Dragic wanted traded after that. Really pissed me off. And lets not even get into the bad trades he made. I'll give him some credit though, Trevor Ariza was a great pick-up even if it didn't come cheap. But at the end of the day he started with 3 solid PGs and somehow lost all of them and never managed to get a new one. I was fine with him getting canned.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:03 PM   #37
Run&Gun=Fun
128 time NBA All Star

Quote:
Personally I've learned to just get over the fact that Sarver is the owner. There's not much we can do about it really. He would have to sell the team, which I don't see him doing no matter how much we fuss. It is what it is.

But let's not make it out to be like McD was such a great GM. Yeah he drafted Booker, but nobody expected Book to be this good. I highly doubt even McD thought he would. So I'll give him partial credit. I give him more credit for the TJ Warren pick. Warren turned out to be exactly what we hoped he'd be. And he drafted Ayton who was the consensus #1 pick so that was a no-brainer. We were lucky enough just to even win the lottery and get to pick first.

So right off the bat, our 2 best players were mostly pure luck. Almost everyone in Phoenix wanted him to pick Josh Jackson if he was still on the board so that was a no-brainer too. And personally Josh is still a question mark, we don't know how good he's gonna be. But then look at guys like Alex Len, Dragan Bender, and Marquese Chriss who ended up being horrible busts for the spots they were selected. So there's really nothing amazing about McD's drafting history.

He also made plenty of questionable moves. Giving Bledsoe all of that money instead of Dragic who was the fan favorite and the better player.... that was infuriating. I wasn't surprised one bit when Dragic wanted traded after that. Really pissed me off. And lets not even get into the bad trades he made. I'll give him some credit though, Trevor Ariza was a great pick-up even if it didn't come cheap. But at the end of the day he started with 3 solid PGs and somehow lost all of them and never managed to get a new one. I was fine with him getting canned.

Yeah good post. He obviously wasn’t perfect but I thought a lot of his mistakes were in the past and the team was starting to turn the corner.
Len wasn’t a great pick but that draft was awful from memory.
Bender I’m still hopeful on but that doesn’t look good. At least jaylen brown was off the board by the time of that pick.
If I was in mcdonough’s Position I would have given Portland an offer they couldn’t refuse for Lillard (without using booker or Ayrton). Even if you sell your 1st rounders for a few years that deal keeps you in the job for the buzz it would create. And obviously gives the team a chance for success.
Run&Gun=Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 08:05 PM   #38
kurple
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Feels good to finally get a good season opener man. Especially after last year's laughing stock.

Devin Booker is a god, and Deandre Ayton is already a monster, no need to "wait for him to adapt to the NBA". And there's simply less overall cancers on the roster this year.... and we have an actual good coach who knows how to develop and utilize players.... I love it. Things are definitely looking up.
who were the cancers? Alex Len and Chriss seems like better dudes than Booker tbh. much worse players but neither scream cancer
kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 08:13 PM   #39
highwhey
EMPLOYED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurple
who were the cancers? Alex Len and Chriss seems like better dudes than Booker tbh. much worse players but neither scream cancer
alex len couldn't catch a ball to save his live. marquese had emotional issues, would get pissed off quickly on the court and got t'ed up for silly mistakes.

neither fit the culture the front office wants to build.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 08:24 PM   #40
kurple
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
alex len couldn't catch a ball to save his live. marquese had emotional issues, would get pissed off quickly on the court and got t'ed up for silly mistakes.

neither fit the culture the front office wants to build.
fair enough, but its not fair to call them cancers IMO
kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 08:28 PM   #41
305Baller
NBA Detective

Booker KILLED last night. Well done.
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:37 PM   #42
highwhey
EMPLOYED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurple
fair enough, but its not fair to call them cancers IMO
alex len for sure i would not call a cancer, wouldn't be opposed to it for quese, book and ayton need to focus on development. hence why the front office has brought in a lot of vets (ariza, ryan, and jamal crawford, we also have tyson chandler) all solid vets that are good locker room dudes. quese couldn't stay out of trouble bc of his attitude, irc, he even had an incident with an assistant coach last season.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:32 PM   #43
qrich
King Heno

Saw a replay earlier, and Suns looked pretty solid but I don't expect them to hit the shots they did consistently throughout the year, and Okobo isn't ready nor is Canaan a worthy starter.

Really think they should make a push for Teodosic, his passing would feed Ayton and Booker with great finishes.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:15 PM   #44
highwhey
EMPLOYED

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Saw a replay earlier, and Suns looked pretty solid but I don't expect them to hit the shots they did consistently throughout the year, and Okobo isn't ready nor is Canaan a worthy starter.

Really think they should make a push for Teodosic, his passing would feed Ayton and Booker with great finishes.
this is definitely not going to happen every night. that's why i said our lack of a pg is going to become more apparent as the season progresses.

at this point, even elfrid payton would have been a better pg than canaan or the rookies. he could at least get assists.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: