Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Minnesota Timberwolves reportedly pursuing Derrick Williams/Pau Gasol trade

Just today Derrick posterized the **** out of some scrub on the Bobcats. The Timberwolves front office were right there and I'm sure they know we have something with this kid.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Default Re: Minnesota Timberwolves reportedly pursuing Derrick Williams/Pau Gasol trade

Thought Minny had a pretty solid center already ? Plus Williams by himself for Pau doesn't help Lakers.

Banned

as a Laker fan I am very intrigued.

Gasol has served his purpose and will be approaching over the hill level of play in a few seasons.

Derrick Williams has the potential to be Kobe's successor. (well not literally but he'll suffice lol)

Make more sense if they were trading beasley and fillers for gasol...I question why they would trade for gasol considering how solid Pekovic is playing at centre? I dont think its happening, however I do see the lakers trying to trade for beazley who can fill the SF slot, and minutes at PF.

If they are trading for beazley, id say they are trading other players for him. ie. the scrap heap on the lakers bench.

If Kahn does this, he'll lose all the respect he's gained lately. Everyone around here says something to the effect of, "Man, I was really wrong about Kahn. The team's looking good now."

We can't get rid of D. Will for Pau just because he speaks the same language as Ricky. That's absolutely ridiculous.

beasley + filler for gasol would be ideal

Ridnour, Webster, Williams, Beasley and maybe a pick for Pau. The pick may be too much. Pau is old.

I would do it. I really would.

Minnesota still have Rubio and JJ at the 1. They can start Wes Johnson at the 3. They have Pek and Darko to rotate through the 4/5 with Love and Pau. It doesn't gut them as much as it looks like it does.

Lakers get an offensively competent point guard who can drive and kick, two desperately needed wing scorers and a top prospect.

Do it, Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by stallionaire
    If Kahn does this, he'll lose all the respect he's gained lately. Everyone around here says something to the effect of, "Man, I was really wrong about Kahn. The team's looking good now."

We can't get rid of D. Will for Pau just because he speaks the same language as Ricky. That's absolutely ridiculous.
    Do you want the T-Wolves to make the playoffs anytime soon?....

Love + Pau +Rubio = Playoffs

Derrick and Ricky have a great rapport. They play in sync and the amount of alley - oops they've stacked up is a testament to that. Adelman has to see that.

I don't think we're trading Williams.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 32MJ32
    Ridnour, Webster, Williams, Beasley and maybe a pick for Pau. The pick may be too much. Pau is old.

Minnesota still have Rubio and JJ at the 1. They can start Wes Johnson at the 3. They have Pek and Darko to rotate through the 4/5 with Love and Pau. It doesn't gut them as much as it looks like it does.

Lakers get an offensively competent point guard who can drive and kick, two desperately needed wing scorers and a top prospect.

Do it, Mitch
    wait ... wha

I hope your name is Mr. Kahn.

lol that trade would destroy our team.

Even though I bet LA will try to destroy our team like that.

Loserville USA FireMcFailPlease's Avatar

aint gonna happen with the emergence of pekovic

Quote Originally Posted by #1SportsFan86
    Do you want the T-Wolves to make the playoffs anytime soon?....

Love + Pau +Rubio = Playoffs
    And hamper the emergence of Pekovic? throwing away your no. 2 pick, just to be competitive in the finals for maybe the next 2 or 3 years as gasol ages? Im not convinced this is smart, they are better off looking for an elite SG in the offseason, and trading off beasley while developing Williams more...

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by stallionaire
    beasley + filler for gasol would be ideal
    Yes if filler = peckovic and d. williams.

For beasely alone we will give you the odom TPE and a 2013 2nd round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by 32MJ32

Do it, Mitch
    DONE. Come on, Mitch! My penls has been soft for too long this season.