Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    College star

Default Re: An unnecessarily long Kobe video and a shorter but still excessive post.

Jordan was clearly considered better than Magic by 1989
    Is that why Magic won back2back MVPs in '89 and '90?

I rule the local playground kap's Avatar

Default Re: An unnecessarily long Kobe video and a shorter but still excessive post.

i watched the whole thing in 1 sitting :P thanks kblaze that was entertaining

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
    Keep telling yourself that Jordan wasn't considered better than Magic by at least 85% of people by 1989.

Quote Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
    So I guess Steve Nash was a better than Kobe from 2004 - 2006

College star

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    Keep telling yourself that Jordan wasn't considered better than Magic by at least 85% of people by 1989.
    why did Magic win back2back MVPs then?

You remember he averaged 23/8/13 on 50/90 shooting in '89, do you?

also, a big lol at the guy above me comparing Magic to Nash
    Last edited by Brunch@Five; 08-20-2009 at 06:21 PM.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    How old are you Loki? Most fans I knew at this time referred to Jordan as a domininant individual player, but also a stat stuffer who couldn't lead a team to a championship, while Magic was considered the ultimate winner, and still capable of dominating most facets of the game.

Good High School Starter

and only a lunatic MJ fan would cite 85%....are you Brian Fantana? 65% of the time, it works every time.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I dont know about 85%. Jordan didnt get that "The best....period" status for a little while longer. In 89? I think magic would have had more behind him than 15%. People were calling MJ the GOAT in like 89 but Magic and Bird still had people saying they were the best because they could win.

High School Starter lxlHoTsAuSelxl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAClipsFan33
    So I guess Steve Nash was a better than Kobe from 2004 - 2006

Congrats, first time ever giving props to Kobe even though you'll jump off the bandwagon soon.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Team has it all. And they are young. No reason they shouldnt win a title. Or two.

And if it happens Kobe haters beware. Kobe with 5 rings and 7 finals? you know what will happen. A few people were saying he was as good as Jordan when I first got here(01-02 season). I will leave it at that.
    Ok...

5 and 7 finals. Im gonna give it a few days to sink in....

On one hand...hes John Havlicek. On the other....hes Magic Johnson.

any Dirk vids.?