Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    shhhhhhh

Default Re: If the Purge was real would you kill?

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    I'd just move to Canada. The benefits of The Purge are unrealistic anyways
    There's a Canadian purge... once a year they round up people that listen to Celine Dion

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    You ain't lived until a deer fly bites you on your ass...
    For real lol. I can tolerate mosquito's, they either don't bite me often and/or I don't get that same reaction most people do (the itchy bumps) so I could care less about them. But deer flies and horse flies... **** them. I have tried jumping into ponds and lakes to get rid of them in the past and they'll hang on and still be biting you while you are underwater or waiting for you to surface. They'll also chase you for a few hundred yards if you try to run. Only way to get rid of them is to get a lucky swat and kill them. Never got bitten in the ass before luckily

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    In the summer I can stay 24 hours in the woods with nothing but my camelback with zero discomfort. Wouldn't need a fire or to hunt for food for that short of a span nor a shelter outside the space blanket in my camelback. I carry a poncho if it rains. Always have about 800 calories in snacks packed. I'd do it with no trace left where I stayed, so no fire. Wouldn't want to give my spot away.

In spring or fall or winter things change a lot in Ohio, I could still manage but the fact that you can be seen through the trees easier, the temperatures, and if there is snow - the footprints would all complicate the scenario. But from the movie, looks like purge day was in the middle of the summer. It'd be easy as shit to disappear into the wilderness undetected if that was the case.

BTW, under a non-purge scenario I usually camp backbacking style, 3 days 2 nights, carry everything on your back and hike from destination to destination. That includes with my tent, clothes/tools/etc and food and water/water purification filter. A lot of times for food I take MRE's (military rations, ready to eat). I never hunt for food when I camp, I don't hunt. And for camping it isn't necessary nor can you usually hunt in park systems. I suppose I could fish but I don't bother with MRE's being so convenient. Camping, being outdoors, etc is 2nd nature to me just something I've done all my life, I remember when I was a like 8 years old me and my friends would camp out in tents in the woods in sub zero temperatures with 2 feet of snow on the ground instead of just having a regular sleepover. It was more fun.

8 yrs old in sub zero?...u guys weren't freezing up and be like "lets go inside". fukk that.

yeah that sounds legit stuff.

just curious tho, what do u carry to protect yourself? ever run into a bear, mountain lion, and stuff like that? do u carry anything for protection or even hunting at all just in case? i never could understand wilderness people who didn't carry around something like a gun just in case.

Online answer: Fukk yeah! I'd kill nikkaz all day er'day! I'd keep a Glock, a Baretta, an Uzi, some AK47s, a couple nightscope sniper rifles and a few tactical bombs handy and shit, so if some muddafukka wanted some, he could come get some. No lie, pimpin'!

Real answer: No, guys. I would hope that security systems would drop in price so I can afford to lockdown my entire house. I'd keep a gun handy in case of potential intrusion, but I would pray to a God I don't believe exists that nobody attempts to break in.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    8 yrs old in sub zero?...u guys weren't freezing up and be like "lets go inside". fukk that.

yeah that sounds legit stuff.

just curious tho, what do u carry to protect yourself? ever run into a bear, mountain lion, and stuff like that? do u carry anything for protection or even hunting at all just in case? i never could understand wilderness people who didn't carry around something like a gun just in case.
    No mountain lions in Ohio, nor are there any other large predators save for Black Bear which typically are afraid of people and are rare to even spot. There's black bear activity (scat, scratchings, footprints, frequent annual sightings) in two of the places I routinely go, I don't cary bear mace or anything. I'm not particularly worried though I hope I don't encounter a bear but I've been taught what to do if I do encounter one - don't turn and run just back away slowly while looking big. I've seen a black bear hiking in PA from a couple hundred yards out, in a group setting it isn't anything to be afraid of at all. Alone it's something you just don't think about

In b4 Meticode has a "147 Hours" experience.

Banned

Dumb concept. But i'd thrive. I couldn't afford (nor would I need) an armored up house so I'd go out into the wilderness and basically be way out in the open. Confident I'd never be found, most people are sheltered pussies these days I always go on several day hikes and mountain bike trips as it is and most of the time I literally never see a soul. People love their A/C, they won't go out in the rain, physical fatigue and exposure to the elements to the degree that I handle is an alien concept to them. If they go to a park they prefer the paved or cinder sidewalks and parking lots and grassy fields and shit. I go a couple of miles into a ravine, camp out under a cliff side, purge weekend would basically be just another camping trip for me.

*EDIT* and no I wouldn't kill.
    Watch out for mountain lions

Fukk yeah! I'd kill nikkaz all day er'day! I'd keep a Glock, a Baretta, an Uzi, some AK47s, a couple nightscope sniper rifles and a few tactical bombs handy and shit, so if some muddafukka wanted some, he could come get some. No lie, pimpin'!

I would attempt to kill over 6 billion that night. Sorry but most of ish would be perma banned in life

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    There's a Canadian purge... once a year they round up people that listen to Celine Dion
    Fortunately, there are hardly any left. We're moving towards Nickelback's fanbase.

Wouldn't say I'm a dion fan but am I wrong for liking a handful of her songs

yes.

Good High School Starter ThemBombs's Avatar

tbh, i'd rather try to pull off a multi-million dollar heist with my best friends. we'd spend the year planning how we'd do it and on Purge night we'd try to carry it out. there's a good chance it would cost us our lives but if it's successful we'd be set for life

Locking myself in the Panic Room with Ethan Hawke's shot gun.

shhhhhhh

For real lol. I can tolerate mosquito's, they either don't bite me often and/or I don't get that same reaction most people do (the itchy bumps) so I could care less about them. But deer flies and horse flies... **** them. I have tried jumping into ponds and lakes to get rid of them in the past and they'll hang on and still be biting you while you are underwater or waiting for you to surface. They'll also chase you for a few hundred yards if you try to run. Only way to get rid of them is to get a lucky swat and kill them. Never got bitten in the ass before luckily
    yeah that's funny, I've never had a problem with mosquitos either or those tiny gnats but my dad is a prime target...

We were repairing hiking trails in the hills near the house a couple years ago but the deer flies made what should have been a nice day outside into a living nightmare... Instead of spending the whole day out with the kids and search and rescue guys, having a nice lunch in the hills it turned into lets get this done and get the heck out of here