Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Anderson Varejao has reached an agreement with the Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Sorry but if you don't think there's value in having a player who knows all your oppositions defensive sets, in bounds plays, offensive sets, how they react to certain situations etc then you are a fool. They run a simple offence but there's still a lot of knowledge in andy's head about cavs tactics

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

the Cleveland thing to happen here would be Andy going ballistic in a finals matchup against the cavs.

I think David Griffin really f*cked this one up.

Even still if it happened, I would be happy for Andy.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

I'd be pretty surprised if AV has a real impact for the Warriors. He's a different a player since he tore his achilles. He struggles defensively and isn't the demon on the boards that he once was.

Don't get me wrong... he's worth a roster spot. But, at this point, he's a very poor man's Tristan Thompson with an elbow jumper.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    the Cleveland thing to happen here would be Andy going ballistic in a finals matchup against the cavs.

You know what would be really amazing? If Frye fails his physical and that trade is nullified, sending Frye back to Orlando and we then will have lost Andy and have three open roster spots.

I'm telling you... this is possible. It shouldn't take this long to pass a physical.

Nah, He's not going to get some major playing time unless Bogut is injured again. I knew Cavs were going to trade him whey they gave him some playing time a couple of days ago.

Stop with this politically correct statement.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 02-21-2016 at 11:17 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

I really liked the trade for the Cavs getting Frye, but you must admit some Cavs' fans have to feel uneasy at the moment with Varejao going to Golden State, Varejao isn't some difference maker as a player, but he does know everything about Cleveland.

BTW Frye hasn't passed his physical yet??

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    I really liked the trade for the Cavs getting Frye, but you must admit some Cavs' fans have to feel uneasy at the moment with Varejao going to Golden State, Varejao isn't some difference maker as a player, but he does know everything about Cleveland.

BTW Frye hasn't passed his physical yet??
    nope. lue said there's no concerns but who knows, frye did have a heart problem that made him miss a season in the past. Orlando can't waive cunningham until frye has his physical. frye hasn't practiced either.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    So they learned Lebron James clearout and Kyrie clearout?

Another interesting scenario someone just posed on RCF...

Let's say for argument's sake the Cavs play the Warriors in The Finals and the Cavs actually win the series, dethroning the champs and stunning the world. Varejao logs pretty heavy minutes and is a meaningful part of their rotation.

Varejao is still likely to get a ring, because he was a Cavalier for the majority of the regular season and it is left up to the owner/GM as to which of the team's players (or former players traded during the season) receive a ring. Since Andy is so beloved, he'd have a good chance of getting one. Though, playing against him in the Finals might change those good vibes.

I remember Adrian Dantley tried to petition the league to get a ring in 1990 after he was traded to the Mavs for Mark Aguirre and the Pistons later went on to win the title that season. There was bad blood between Dantley and the Pistons, so that was obviously not going to happen.

But, there is a real possibility that if either the Cavs or Warriors win a title -- arguably the two favorites -- Varejao gets a ring.

Well done, Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno
    We win Always.

5-time NBA All-Star

This is great GSW. With Ezeli and Bogut being IFFY they get somebody who does a little of both and hustles. Height is the only thing the team doesn't have plenty of with the Iffys being questionable. And he can learn the game in the 4th quarters. Great pick up for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    This is great GSW. With Ezeli and Bogut being IFFY they get somebody who does a little of both and hustles. Height is the only thing the team doesn't have plenty of with the Iffys being questionable. And he can learn the game in the 4th quarters. Great pick up for them.
    He can't play more than 15 minutes a game consistently or he'll get hurt. That's the other thing.

It's a good pickup for insurance reasons and maybe as an end of the rotation minute eater, but I don't see this as an impact signing. Just my opinion after having watched him play for a decade... and watched him regress after the torn Achilles.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Another interesting scenario someone just posed on RCF...

Let's say for argument's sake the Cavs play the Warriors in The Finals and the Cavs actually win the series, dethroning the champs and stunning the world. Varejao logs pretty heavy minutes and is a meaningful part of their rotation.

Varejao is still likely to get a ring, because he was a Cavalier for the majority of the regular season and it is left up to the owner/GM as to which of the team's players (or former players traded during the season) receive a ring. Since Andy is so beloved, he'd have a good chance of getting one. Though, playing against him in the Finals might change those good vibes.

I remember Adrian Dantley tried to petition the league to get a ring in 1990 after he was traded to the Mavs for Mark Aguirre and the Pistons later went on to win the title that season. There was bad blood between Dantley and the Pistons, so that was obviously not going to happen.

But, there is a real possibility that if either the Cavs or Warriors win a title -- arguably the two favorites -- Varejao gets a ring.

Well done, Andy.
    I was about to post this lol. He's hedging his bets on finishing the year with a ring. I'm sure that the Cavs would give him one if they win the title.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    He can't play more than 15 minutes a game consistently or he'll get hurt. That's the other thing.

It's a good pickup for insurance reasons and maybe as an end of the rotation minute eater, but I don't see this as an impact signing. Just my opinion after having watched him play for a decade... and watched him regress after the torn Achilles.

Kerr will find a way to make him productive. Besides any big that takes away minutes from Speights is good. Also Anderson has good defensive instincts. Wasnt he in the running for Dpoy one year?