Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: #MarvelEvent trending...

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    that's what people said about GoTG...and that movie shitted on MoS. both critically and at the box office
    That's after Captain America 2 and X-Men: DOFP shitted on Man of Steel. Marvel can put out some unknown heroes and still get better results than the SUPERMAN movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    That's after Captain America 2 and X-Men: DOFP shitted on Man of Steel. Marvel can put out some unknown heroes and still get better results than the SUPERMAN movie.
    Still an idiot...

Superman man was a lead in movie whereas Cap, X-men, and GOTG are part of established franchises and universes. The superfan will see it, but how do you convince the casual viewer? Through it's predecessors which Man of Steel did not have the luxory except the quasi predeccor in Superman Returns which sucked so that was working against it.

Yet it still brought in a cool $650 million. Only getting started too

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss
    Still an idiot...

Superman man was a lead in movie whereas Cap, X-men, and GOTG are part of established franchises and universes. The superfan will see it, but how do you convince the casual viewer? Through it's predecessors which Man of Steel did not have the luxory except the quasi predeccor in Superman Returns which sucked so that was working against it.

So how do you explain Guardians shitting on it when it's a completely unknown franchise and much less popular than ****ing SUPERMAN? I will wait...

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss
    Still an idiot...

how many lead ins do superman and batman need? (spiderman too for that matter) everyone knows their stories...orphan from another planet rgows up on a farm, obsessed rich orphan decides to take down crime...orphan loses his uncle to a criminal he could have stopped..power and responsibility....we all know this already, dont need to see it again

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8lU...utu.be&t=10m5s

The whole announcent, thought the Infinity Wars clip was sweet :)

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Yea the gauntlet held up by thanos...

Thats one of those moments you think can never be filmed while you read comics decades ago....total dream scenerio. But they are gonna have to make up a totally new story. Too many people involved they dont have the rights to. Off the top...Spiderman, Wolverine, the silver surfer, and Doctor Doom all had parts that have to be removed.

If they nail it...the next dream feature would of course be Planet and World War Hulk. Clearly Hulk loses it at some point since Ironman has his Hulkbuster armor in the new trailer...but maybe thats just a nod to comic fans since they wont be able to do it in full.

They dont have the rights to all the people needed. You would have to have Professor X, Namor, and Reed Richards.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

And the idea that GOTG did so well because its an established universe is a joke. Virtually NOBODY knows who they are.

Ive been reading comics and keeping up on the various characters for 30 years....even I had to google them to refresh myself on who they even involved. I was looking for Cyclops' father and the Silver Surfer...

That movie did well because it was brilliantly marketed and most important...fun. It had word of mouth going for it. But people barely tied it to the other movies. I had to explain to a movie going co worker that it wasnt a spoof. They thought it was a comic movie spoof like the Scary Movie franchise does with horror.

Only after I came back to tell them it was a good movie..one of marvels best...did they go see it. And she took her whole family...drove them 50 miles to a drive in.

That movie did well....because it was a good movie...and it was vastly more entertaining than any superman movie has been in decades. Superman movies are slow paced and grim.

I enjoyed the last superman...I like DC. THe greatest hero of both film and comics to me...is Batman. Hes the most interesting. In animation form, live action, or comics...

Batman and Superman are great franchises....

But Marvel is killing it right now.

If Batman were in Marvel where he belongs(Hes the most Marvel character possibly in all comics...including actual marvel characters)....

...DC wouldnt need to exist film wise.

Batman feels like someone who would bounce between and have conflict with Xmen, Captian America, Daredevil, Punisher, and Ironman storylines while holding down his own city....

Imagine Batman in the Civil War storyline funding/aiding Caps side against Tony Stark?

Batman is a Marvel universe style character lending credibility to a DC universe that is barely holding on.

You could even turn it around and say Marvel is kinda built to bite the style of Batman...I wouldnt argue. But either way...DC gets Batman right but little else lately.

With the obvious exception of its animated universe...where they stomp Marvel. Though almost all of that is having Batman like stories...

Hes virtually always a key figure in their best animation. Even the Flash one on the alternate timeline...we meet Batman...who is Thomas Wayne...

If DC didnt have Batman to fall back on they might not need to exist...at least for me.

Superman has not been interesting in a long time. The Flash for even longer. Wonderwoman....eh. Green Lantern has potential...but awful execution usually.

Terrible cosmic elements compared to Marvel with Galactus and such.

Marvel just wins up and down the list.

I love this

here is the Infinity War teaser trailer

http://io9.com/watch-the-avengers-in...ash-1652189067

here is the Infinity War teaser trailer

http://io9.com/watch-the-avengers-in...ash-1652189067

so far the stones we have are:

Tesseract - Space Stone ( Captain America, Avengers)
    The Orb - Power Stone (GotG)
    Chitauri Scepter - Mind Stone (Loki's Staff in the Avengers)
    Aether - Reality Stone (Thor 2)

So we are missing the:
    Soul Stone (Warlock probably has it, so we will most likely see it in GotG 2)
    Time Stone (No idea who has it)

The only ones that have been confirmed by Marvel are the Orb = Power and Tesseract = Space. The rst have been conjecture, but seems pretty reasonable so far.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

that's what people said about GoTG...and that movie shitted on MoS. both critically and at the box office
    april 2014 trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    Any chance we see Galactus vs Thanos at some point? That's the GOAT cosmic matchup. I can just picture it, Thanos about to wipe out the Avengers/Guardians during Infinity War, then Big G pops up behind him all like "excuse me" then Thanos gets bitch slapped like a lil fly.
    thanos usually doesn't go head-to-head against the big time characters. in recent comics, he 'hired' beings far more powerful than him to capture galactus so he could experiment on the guy

meanwhile the execs at Sony.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    repped

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue