Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Name a legit good player Dirk has ever played with in Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by D3vIrGiNiz3r
    This is my point. None of these guys are good and I feel bad for anyone who thinks they are. lol@all star guard Michael Finley.

these guys are good, especially when you have a lot of them together on one team.
    and go check out who Michael Finley was back in the day.
    Seriously, go do that, come back and shut the f-ck up.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    Dallas had the deepest team in the league this year.

Kidd, Terry, Butler, Marion, Haywood, Damp + Barea and Roddy.

Everyone was going on and on about how the Mavs were better on paper than the Lakers.

Dallas got outcoached, and Dirk would be much better as a second option.
    except that most of those players have huge question marks surrounding aspects of their game, and are all very inconsistent, especially offensively.

i agree the coaching was terrible tho. i still don't get why coaches play guys in the last month of the season as a regular part of their rotations that do well, and then completely bench them in the playoffs.

still there were signs they weren't a great team throughout the regular season where they'd lose easy games and were just very inconsistent in what they won. kidd would have a huge game one night, and be the weak linkg they were daring to shoot another night. marion/caron/etc. all have these type of issues more than a lot of other players around the league. terry played really well during the season for the most part tho, only one other than dirk i can think of that was rather consistent.

Poodle, Kidd is a hall of famer. Why are you questioning him? Besides, D. Harris is a Top 5 PG in the game. He just tanked this year so the Nets could get #1. D. Harris has been special ever since his Wiksy Badger days.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
    Poodle, Kidd is a hall of famer. Why are you questioning him? Besides, D. Harris is a Top 5 PG in the game. He just tanked this year so the Nets could get #1.

do you even watch players play rather than just sum up their legacy and stats?

sorry that crap doesn't mean crap to me more than what i see in the games, and kidd IS an offensive liability a LOT of times and tbh the way people portray it here like he's better than nash is retarded.

no offense but i'd swear a lot of you don't actually watch a lot of the bball you talk about, more than sum it uup with stats and accolades.

kidd especially in some crucial moments, is an offensive liability, and the other team knows it. you have dirk expected to carry the load, with the 2nd best option being terry for their offense, because everyone else on that team is just not that type of scorer. definitely not with any consistency.

the stuff people here praise happens so rarely compared to the every play stuff its just silly to me. like when people focus on defense so much, how often is artest getting a steal to make that difference? 3-4 times a game at most? how many 3's is he chucking and missing? driving layups/passes he's blowing? just like kidd's boards, passes that aren't nearly as profound each time as ginobli's, but people see the stats and act like he's infallible.
    Last edited by Poodle; 04-30-2010 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle

sorry that crap doesn't mean crap to me more than what i see in the games, and kidd IS an offensive liability a LOT of times and tbh the way people portray it here like he's better than nash is retarded.

no offense but i'd swear a lot of you don't actually watch a lot of the bball you talk about, more than sum it uup with stats and accolades.
    Nash is better than Kidd now but not career wise.

Dunking on everybody in the park 6thManOfTheYear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D3vIrGiNiz3r
    Look what Devin Harris did in Jersey. Almost broke the record for worst team ever and that was Dirk's best player.
    devin harris averaged 13.2 ppg shooting 49% for the mavs in the playoff series where they loss to the warriors.

Jason Kidd isnt the player he used to be but is not a liability on offense. He is still a capable player and the last time I checked his court vision and passing didnt dissapear. He is a clear-cut leader on this team, no doubt. You can not underestimate what Jason Kidd brings to the table, you just can't.
    Oh, and who says he is better than Steve Nash this season?

Hey you could say he is old or actually attack his game rather than a poster that challenges your opinion. I take it, you don't really have the information to back up what you are saying.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
    Hey you could say he is old or actually attack his game rather than a poster that challenges your opinion. I take it, you don't really have the information to back up what you are saying.

i'm not even trying to attack you more than sum up your reply to me(which was completely based on career accolades). its also why i said sorry since i didn't want to come across as too insulting out of the blue like that.

i think anyone that has watched the mav's knows there have been MANY moments where kidd was a offensive liability when it counts, and his hit and miss supposedly improved 3pt shot isn't anything anyone can really count on, more than it being a point above a prayer.

it also drives me crazy is a lot of kidd's passes aren't anywhere near where he's praised so much for passing. don't get me wrong he's great, but on a play to play lvl, or pass to pass, each one of manu's has a WAY greater effect.
    Last edited by Poodle; 04-30-2010 at 04:31 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
    Jason Kidd isnt the player he used to be but is not a liability on offense. He is still a capable player and the last time I checked his court vision and passing didnt dissapear. He is a clear-cut leader on this team, no doubt. You can not underestimate what Jason Kidd brings to the table, you just can't.
    Oh, and who says he is better than Steve Nash this season?
    there was some thread a while back that made the comparison, and some regulars here trying to act the authority like kidd in NJ was a hof legend and carried whatshisname(for denver now), and is easily better than nash. something like that

just watch the games. there is no way you could really pretend he is that great right now if you did, and actually paid attention to what he does. not just 1 game where he's all over the court and gets a triple double, i mean include the next 2 or 3 where he's a pathetically average pg really not doing much, and being an offensive liability. especially when they're doubling dirk, and he's the open kickout they're daring to drive/shoot.
    Last edited by Poodle; 04-30-2010 at 04:32 PM.

there was some thread a while back that made the comparison, and some regulars here trying to act the authority like kidd in NJ was a hof legend and carried whatshisname(for denver now), and is easily better than nash. something like that

just watch the games. there is no way you could really pretend he is that great right now if you did, and actually paid attention to what he does. not just 1 game where he's all over the court and gets a triple double, i mean include the next 2 or 3 where he's a pathetically average pg really not doing much, and being an offensive liability. especially when they're doubling dirk, and he's the open kickout they're daring to drive/shoot.

so you are saying that career wise; Nash > Kidd

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Josh Howard was a good player. Antawn Jamison was and still is a legit second option. The Mavs' problem is that they have too many mediocre guys and not enough role players. "Ooh, we'll bring in Antoine Walker/Caron Butler/Marion/Kidd, teams have been built around them, so they've got to be good enough that they'll be even better as fourth option." It's ridiculous. Some players are decent all-around players, but they suck as role players. Caron Butler needs the ball to score, he defends poorly compared to, say, Matt Barnes or James Posey, and he's poor when it comes to hitting open threes. Kidd is actually a step in the right direction for them, since he can do an above-average job guarding shooting guards, he can pass and rebound, and he can hit open threes.

Basically, what I'm saying is that the Mavericks' problem is is that they don't defend and they can't hit open shots, and those are the two things you want out of pretty much everyone who's not a top three player on your team.

What an idiot

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
    so you are saying that career wise; Nash > Kidd

now and career wise. kidd to me is overrated, but that is more based on where a lot of nba fans put him, not that i think he isn't a great or anything. the difference nash makes in a game, far outweighs the passes and offensive boarding that occasioanlly happens from kidd. kidd's distributing is imo one of the most overrated things about him, mostly because he's known for it, and fans tend to put it on lvls that are so much above someone like nash, when its not.

llike i said in another thread, each one of manu's passes is way more profound than most of kidd's. but kidd will be remembered as the greatest passer ever next to Magic, which is just not true imo.

NBA lottery pick

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! I thought this was a bumped thread from like 8 years ago, I CANNOT believe someone's actually making up this excuse that he's had no talent around him. What a sore loser.

Dirk has had WAY better talent around him throughout his career than KG has.

KG's talented/best teammates:
    Pierce
    Ray Allen
    Sam Cassell (for 1 year)
    Latrell Sprewell (for 1.5 years)
    Tom Gugliotta (and he's pushing it on the "best" area)
    Stephon Marbury (for a couple years)

All stars that Dirk has played with:
    Nash
    PRIME Finley
    Jamison
    Butler
    Josh Howard
    Marion
    Jason Kidd
    other good players Dirk's played with:
    Nick Van Exel
    Prime Raef Lafrentz
    Antoine Walker
    Devin Harris
    Jason Terry
    and there's more...

This thread is so full of fail. Dirk has had PLENTY of talent around him to succeed. Don't be one of "those" fans dude. Seriously.