Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    why live??

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    You're my boy too, Ryan.
    I'm smiling all the way from the bottom of my Seoul.

I love all my vets. Except for Real Men Wear Green. Fu*k that guy.
    Yeah he's a w@nk. No one likes him except for @sswipes.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

First quote was to no one in particular, just a general statement.

The other quotes were directed at someone who was trying to offend me, not someone who was "trying to make decent conversation".
    Yet in a previous post
    "2. I know what this thread was about. However, I CLEARLY quoted someone and RESPONDED to something THEY SAID. What they said was about the Jazz going to "the promised land". Do you understand now?"

And I wasnt trying to offend you (though clearly I have). I was simply making a comparison with a team you follow closely and I think is in a similar position to the jazz.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    Yet in a previous post
    "2. I know what this thread was about. However, I CLEARLY quoted someone and RESPONDED to something THEY SAID. What they said was about the Jazz going to "the promised land". Do you understand now?"
    I didn't directly call that person stupid. It was implied, but not a direct shot. I said "people" because I've seen others make the same claim. Far too many people on this board don't know the difference between an average playoff team and a contender.

Technicality, I know. Oh well.

so who in your esteemed opinion is a contender? I would venture that it is awfully hard to say this far from the playoffs. Momentum shifts, players get injured or come back from injury....
    All it takes is one good series from the nuggs or utah, etc and the suns or dallas could be watching from home.

Dallas, Phoenix, and San Antonio. That's it right now.

Maybe Houston, Denver, or the Lakers. Maybe Detroit if they continue to make positive moves. Maybe Miami if they get everyone back and on the same page.

But just those 3 out West right now. In my opinion.

you do9nt think Utah (which has beaten the Suns twice already) could take them in a 7 gamer? I do, if they can play their game and not get caught up in the run and gun. I would also put Utah right about where the lakers and nuggs are as well. Each of tehse teams has some weaknesses, but can play at a very high level. Booz and Okur will be the highest scoring starting 4/5 tandem in the league this year (now granter, the 2 and 3 leave something to be desired).

Roy = my new fave.

San Antonio
    Dallas
    Phoenix
    Detroit
    HEALTHY Houston
    HEALTHY Miami

Those are the contenders, if you ask me. Since those two teams aren't healthy right now, there are currently only four teams I can see winning the championship.

You think Detroit has the juice, as is, to win the championship?

I think they need to make a move or two first. The Webber pickup was huge, though.

Roy = my new fave.

You think Detroit has the juice, as is, to win the championship?

I think they need to make a move or two first. The Webber pickup was huge, though.
    I think they're good enough.

I think Rasheed has to change the way he plays a little, though. More post-oriented in order to better compliment Webber when Webber's out there.

They play together, move the ball, have great team defense. They just need to be on the same page and committed and to peak at the right time, as with any championship team.

They might need to upgrade one of their bench guards, though. They just need one really solid one.

I heard that they're looking at Jaric. Don't know if he would be considered "solid" or not.

Roy = my new fave.

As for the original topic, if Kirilenko isn't working out, then Miller is being a freaking idiot by being so overt with all of this feuding. Just driving his value way down.

If he needs to go, shut up and get the move done. Don't make it less profitable by fighting with him.

Roy = my new fave.

I heard that they're looking at Jaric. Don't know if he would be considered "solid" or not.
    Not "really solid," but I really do think Jaric is pretty good this year. Detroit fans, after asking me for descriptions, say he's the same as Carlos Delfino, but I really think Jaric's a useful combo guard off the bench.

NBA lottery pick

Kirilenko/Giricek/Miles for Miller/Warrick.

Roy = my new fave.

Quote Originally Posted by R.I.P.
    Kirilenko/Giricek/Miles for Miller/Warrick.
    The money's not even close, and Memphis likely doesn't want Kirilenko.

sheed has been incredibly inconsistent and unmotivated this season. I almost want him to get T's cause he plays harder . Clearly he needs to step it up (along with Dice). We need to unload flip murray for a better point guard or combo (I am concerned with using lindey too much). Jaric sounds like a slightly better version fo delfino with better handles and not as good a rebounder. Although I don't think he'd be terrible for us, he makes way too much for what he would bring to the court vs. delfino. Brevin Knight is reportedly unhappy.

I agree SAKF, Larry Miller is frequently a little too candid.