Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default If you were born in 1993 - 1999, I feel sorry for you

Of all the fans that the NBA has, those born from 1993 - 1999 give or take a few years were the most cheated. Bron entered the league in 03, and people born in-between 1988 - 1999 are old enough to appreciate bron, but to old to be considered the Curry era.

You had kids on the playgrounds trying to imitate Dr. J in the 70s.
    Then in the 80s, you had those trying to pull off bird and magic moves.
    Then in the late 80s and 90s, everyone would show up to the court wearing a gold necklace and Jordans
    Then in the early 2000's, people were trying to imitate Kobe, AI, and VC.
    Then in the mid 2000's, Duncan was shitting on everyone

Then lebron came into the league. At this point, a kid born in 1993 was 10 years old, and old enough to have a basic bball IQ. He got to watch Lebron enter the league and for the first 7 years, things were OK and the guy was actually respected.

Then the decision happened.

Now these fans are like 17-23 years old and the ones on ISH are trying to make excuses for Lebron not only for the "decision", but also for the "collusion". For the most part, they are to old to be considered in the Curry era, and too young to be considered in the Kobe/Duncan era. Essentially there prime existence as an NBA fan has been a joke. I can't think of a worse time to have been born and be an NBA fan than those born around 1993 - 1999. I mean, wtf are they going to tell their kids?!

"Yep... when I was ballin in HS and college this dude name Lebron was going to the finals and losing on stacked teams! Nikka even allowed his mom to get fvcked by a bi-polar teammate."

Their kids are just going to feel sorry for them. Never has there been a worse time to be cheated as a fan than those guys who were in the prime of their basketball lives in their HS and college years watching a career 2/6 beta make a mockery of the sport. Sad really.

If you were born in 1993 - 1999 give or take a few years on each side, I really feel sorry for you. You got cheated as a fan of the NBA and your kids will make fun of you for having worn a Lebron jersey during your HS/college years.

Banned

Default Re: If you were born in 1993 - 1999, I feel sorry for you

If you're 40+ and make a living getting ethered on forums, I feel bad for you

1-9

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta

1-9
    ^
    Was born sometime between 1993-1999.

2/6

I'm not 40+ unlike your dad who gets ethered on forums just as bad as you do.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    Embrace your future.

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

So you're saying this was Lebron's era from 03 onwards?

There's plenty of good players to watch in the 00s-10s.

Shaq, Kobe, Dirk, KG, Tmac, Wade, Duncan, Vince, Pierce, Allen, Iverson were as exciting as they come, it's not just LeBron.

I mean.... If you can't appreciate any of these guys above... Then I truly feel sorry for you.

The 90s were shit tbh, 90-93 was okay and all but 94 onwards the league was so shit to watch. If you want to see exciting basketball, go back to the 80s.

Don't worry about it

cool guy

I don't understand the premise of this thread

Saw a basketball once

I was born in 93. Been a huge Kobe mark since NBA Courtside for N64. That being said, hating Bran is kinda lame. You'll gravitate towards who you like regardless. Curry has been in video game mode and Bran and the Spurs have been on top for a minute but I still like Damian Lillard and Jimmy Butler as personal favorite players over any of the aforementioned.

Acknowledge the control a man who doesn't know you exist has over your life and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Colangelo
    So you're saying this was Lebron's era from 03 onwards?

There's plenty of good players to watch in the 00s-10s.

Shaq, Kobe, Dirk, KG, Tmac, Wade, Duncan, Vince, Pierce, Allen, Iverson were as exciting as they come, it's not just LeBron.

I mean.... If you can't appreciate any of these guys above... Then I truly feel sorry for you.

The 90s were shit tbh, 90-93 was okay and all but 94 onwards the league was so shit to watch. If you want to see exciting basketball, go back to the 80s.
    Exactly my point. If you are a bran stan today born roughly from 1993-1999 who lived through Lebron James making 25 posts a day about him and how much better he is than Kobe instead of spending that time appreciating some of the other players that you mentioned, then you essentially wasted your life during that time by being a fan of what is now a 2/6 beta who's been overtaken by Curry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee O Gee
    I don't understand the premise of this thread
    And you're trying to?

cool guy

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Ballin
    Exactly my point. If you are a bran stan today born roughly from 1993-1999 who lived through Lebron James making 25 posts a day about him and how much better he is than Kobe instead of spending that time appreciating some of the other players that you mentioned, then you essentially wasted your life during that time by being a fan of what is now a 2/6 beta who's been overtaken by Curry.
    Calm down and take a long break from the internet, you're losing your grip on reality.

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Ballin
    Exactly my point. If you are a bran stan today born roughly from 1993-1999 who lived through Lebron James making 25 posts a day about him instead of spending that time appreciating some of the other players that you mentioned, then you essentially wasted your life during that time by being a fan of a 2/6 beta.
    So what does that have to do with 1993-1999...?

It's not like the guys I mentioned above retired in 2005 or something. And why can't you be older than 1993 to appreciate Lebron?

Even if you dislike him, he shouldn't be ranked outside of your top 15-20, is it really that hard to appreciate him as a player?

Quote Originally Posted by Dee O Gee
    Calm down and take a long break from the internet, you're losing your grip on reality.

NBA Superstar

I feel sorry for you just in general. Regardless of birthdate

He's 2/6.
    He's been overtaken by Curry.
    He now gets made fun of on ESPN on the reg
    He is highly disrespected for the decision and the collusion, and that's all anyone will ever remember him for.

Don't be upset at people that tell it how it is. Just accept it. Pretty soon someone will get so shook they will make a post about how if you replace Curry with Bron, the Warriors would be better.

Oh wait....