Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Why do I keep hearing 2016 was one of the greatest game 7's ever?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne
    Just too much at stake:
    record 73 wins team trying to win back to back titles
    Potential first ever 1-3 comeback
    2-7 for Lebron if Cav lost
    1st chip in 50+ years for Cleaveland
    the dramas in previous games

All boiled down to the last minute. It could only get better if Curry hit a three to tie the game, then someone hit a buzzer beater.
    Those are great storylines, I'm not talking about that. Those are all good lead up. I'm talking about the last five minutes.

Y'all are fooling yourselves if you think the last 5 was great basketball. Game doesn't have to be high scoring not sure where that's coming from. It was just bad plays down the stretch from both teams. But hey, maybe y'all think a player missing a shot means it was because of good defense. Maybe it was just a bad shot ...

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Again, what finals Game 7 is well played offensively? They all tend to be grind-it-out affairs with excellent defense. If this game wasn't the best or one of the best, then please tell us what games were. You are the one feining annoyance over how this game has been received after all. Go ahead and give us something.

Personally, I believe if this game didn't have you on the edge of your seat for much of the night, then you simply aren't a basketball fan.

How about the 2013 NBA finals? I mean, 2016 is by far the most tense game 7 I've watched live. But the 2013 NBA finals is a very close 2nd.
    Every time the Heat went on a mini-run, the Spurs would answer back with one of their own. A very big missed bunny by TD tie the game. It was a one possession game up until Lebron's jumper with 20+ seconds left.

Again, what finals Game 7 is well played offensively? They all tend to be grind-it-out affairs with excellent defense. If this game wasn't the best or one of the best, then please tell us what games were. You are the one feining annoyance over how this game has been received after all. Go ahead and give us something.

Personally, I believe if this game didn't have you on the edge of your seat for much of the night, then you simply aren't a basketball fan.
    It was a close game, so of course I was on the edge. Doesn't mean it was good.

It hasn't been too many game 7's in recent memory. I don't remember Heat-Spurs or Lakers-Celtics or Spurs-Pistons being anointed as great game 7's. But I keep hearing ESPN saying it and it can't be.

I don't know, maybe that last 5 minutes just left a bad taste in my mouth seeing brick after brick.

If your heartrate didn't increase watching that, you don't enjoy basketball. Simple as that.

Local High School Star Megabox!'s Avatar

Longest, most stressful 5min in NBA finals history. So many heart-attacks and nervous breakdowns

Made that high school varsity squad

You must not know much about basketball if you didn't think it was great.
    Tell us which game 7 do you think was better????

Dunking on everybody in the park Gougou's Avatar

Are you serious?

This is the most exciting game 7 ever.

Remember, there is never another away team that won a game 7 at home.

The pressure on the line was also way too much for both team.

Decent drama. Terrible basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-B
    You must not know much about basketball if you didn't think it was great.
    Tell us which game 7 do you think was better????
    Wait, so both teams combining for probably 1-20 in the last 5 minutes is great? And because I don't think it's great I don't know basketball?

This. I went home for fathers days and watched the game with my fam. My grandmother (basketball fan w hip replacement) and mom (non-basketball fan who only watched game 7) where both jumping up outta their seats. I just don't see how someone couldnt love that game. its what nba basketball is all about.

A basket doesn't need to be scored to make a game spectacular. It's 2 teams competing for their legacies. Every shot that went up the whole room held their breaths, and the screams when they would rattle out. The going up for rebounds, the blocks, the agony of the turn overs. They add to the texture of the game. It was hella fun to watch. To see Lebron gaining more fans as the clock ticks down. It was one of the best games I've seen this season, probably in a finals ever. I'm sorry you need to see a basket scored in order to consider a game any good

The drama that led up to the Kyrie shot made the shot epic.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    It was a close game, so of course I was on the edge. Doesn't mean it was good.

It hasn't been too many game 7's in recent memory. I don't remember Heat-Spurs or Lakers-Celtics or Spurs-Pistons being anointed as great game 7's. But I keep hearing ESPN saying it and it can't be.

I don't know, maybe that last 5 minutes just left a bad taste in my mouth seeing brick after brick.
    I see. So you have absolutely no alternative Game 7's to offer, but are still annoyed at people calling this one of the greatest game 7's ever because of 5 minutes that displeased you. Okaaaay then.

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    A basket doesn't need to be scored to make a game spectacular. It's 2 teams competing for their legacies. Every shot that went up the whole room held their breaths, and the screams when they would rattle out. The going up for rebounds, the blocks, the agony of the turn overs. They add to the texture of the game. It was hella fun to watch. To see Lebron gaining more fans as the clock tick down. It was one of the best games I've seen this season, probably in a finals ever. I'm sorry you need to see a basket scored in order to consider a game any good
    That's a good introduction on a NBA on NBC promo circa 1993. But what about the execution on the court. Yeah the drama was there all night.

OP is salty. Lebron fam stays winnin

I see. So you have absolutely no alternative Game 7's to offer, but are still annoyed at people calling this one of the greatest game 7's ever because of 5 minutes that displeased you. Okaaaay then.
    It's only been four game 7's in the past 20 years. It's really not that many to chose from. I mean really, was this game 7 that much better than the others?