Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: Stan Van Gundy Hired as Head Coach and President of Basketball Operations

I don't think you get any value for Jennings. You either keep him as a 6th man or try to salary dump him on someone like Orlando or maybe the Knicks.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: Stan Van Gundy Hired as Head Coach and President of Basketball Operations

And we all know that Jennings would laugh at a 6th man type role...

Decent college freshman

most likely so, but man he'd be perfect in that Jamal Crawford role.

NBA lottery pick

I'm sure he would eventually be traded. I could see a backcourt of Smart and Jennings playing together at times too though.

Jamal Crawford you think?... Hrmmm - I think he would be more like a PG version of Nick Young - he would shoot absolutely everything... He has an ego that is far too big for him to come off the bench effectively. He is still only 24, and he still has a heap of room to grow and improve and has all the tools capable of being a stud. He just needs the right coach and right attitude... He can get into the lane with ridiculous ease - just needs to trade in that stupid floater he loves for dishes under the basket to Dre and our other bigs...

Decent college freshman

Crawford isn't exactly a model of efficiency either. Crawford and Jennings are more of combo guards. Young isn't really.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I'm sure he would eventually be traded. I could see a backcourt of Smart and Jennings playing together at times too though.
    Yah, I think that could be quite effective in stretches.

Just a thought, if Bucks get the #1 pick, and decide to stick with Sanders at C - Do you think the Pistons could offer them #8 for Giannis Antetokounmko??

As Parker and Wiggins play the exact same position as this dude,

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    Just a thought, if Bucks get the #1 pick, and decide to stick with Sanders at C - Do you think the Pistons could offer them #8 for Giannis Antetokounmko??

As Parker and Wiggins play the exact same position as this dude,
    Not sure, but I'd do it.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    Not sure, but I'd do it.
    I don't see why they would trade him. He may be able to co-exist with Parker or Wiggins. They might have another deal they could make for Sanders too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    Crawford isn't exactly a model of efficiency either. Crawford and Jennings are more of combo guards. Young isn't really.
    He may not be a model of efficiency, but he's a spark off the bench that can get the crowd hyped. Plus 6th man of the year #doe.

Like I said at the beginning of the year, I want to Jennings coming off the bench as the spark that doesn't have to really worry about getting others involved. Let him have his time to show off his skills.

But to have him playing with no reigns on when he's not close to our best option just irritates me to no end.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
    He may not be a model of efficiency, but he's a spark off the bench that can get the crowd hyped. Plus 6th man of the year #doe.

Like I said at the beginning of the year, I want to Jennings coming off the bench as the spark that doesn't have to really worry about getting others involved. Let him have his time to show off his skills.

But to have him playing with no reigns on when he's not close to our best option just irritates me to no end.
    With the current CBA he makes way too much money for a 6th man.

NBA lottery pick

I feel like the NBA really is rigged at this point. I can't believe this.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    With the current CBA he makes way too much money for a 6th man.
    He makes 2 mil more than Crawford or something and you're better off using him in a role that gets the most out of him.

Cavs had a 1.7% chance at #1 pick - get it

Pistons had an 82.4% chance of top 8 pick - don't get it...

This hurts, could of picked up a quality role player to strengthen our bench with #8...