Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Better player: 2009 Lebron w/ Steph Curry

2009 Lebron with Steph Curry's shooting ability, or 2014 Durant with Magic Johnson's court vision/passing ability?

I

Default Re: Better player: 2009 Lebron w/ Steph Curry

Lebron because of defense.

u mad? buttfrustrated? hahaitme's Avatar

I think 2012-13 Bron with Currys shooting would be better, he didn't see to lose THAT much of a step and he added a very good post game.

That said, I still go with 09 Lebron with Steph Currys stroke.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Magic has a bigger passing advantage over Lebron than Curry's shooting advantage over Durant.

Plus, giving Magic's GOAT passing ability to a guy that has a chance to be the GOAT all-time scorer is ridiculous to fathom.

It's either Lebron becomes a better shooter or Durant becomes the GOAT passer...
    Last edited by 3ball; 09-09-2014 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Magic has a bigger passing advantage over Lebron than Curry's shooting advantage over Durant.

Plus, giving Magic's GOAT passing ability to a guy that has a chance to be the GOAT all-time scorer is ridiculous to fathom.

It's either Lebron becomes a better shooter or Durant becomes the GOAT passer...
    More like one of the greatest shooters in history, but yes, Durant with GOAT playmaking skills would be godlike.

Banned

LeBron would be more athletic, stronger, better shooting, better defence

Durant with Magics passing would only have a slight passing advantage over lebron

Every other basketball skill would favour lebron, especially since steph is a better shooter than Durant

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Lebron, because he can play a lick of defense

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

I'll take Lebron/Curry... The greatest basketball physical specimen who's already been the best player in the world for years and one of the greatest players of all time with the ability to shoot like a Steph Curry? No brainer.

I'll go against the grain here and say Durant.

Maybe I'm alone here, but I see Lebron as a great shooter already, especially off the dribble. His weaknesses lie more in off ball play and over dribbling, not in his shooting. You're basically turning a great shooter into one of the best shooters ever.

Meanwhile, Durant's court vision/passing ability is nowhere near Magic's. Lebron is a better player than Durant, but Durant is definitely the one getting the better upgrade.

2014 Kevin Durant with Magic Johnson's court vision would average atleast 5 more assists, comfortably. Durant that year... as we all know... averaged 32/7.4/5.5 on 63.5 TS%. Add Magic's vision and he'd be averaging 10+ apg. His stats would look like Oscar Robertson's. Expect a triple-Double almost every single game.

'09 LeBron with Stephen Curry's shooting ability would be putting up more than 35 ppg. He was already averaging 28 ppg that year without being a great shooter. Like you said, LeBron was so physically athletic. I think he would be able to score at least 20 ppg even if he had the shooting ability of someone like Shaq. He could drive to the rim every time using his speed, quickness, and power. Add Steph's shooting ability to that LeBron and he would score 40 almost every night with ease. He'd probably be the most unstoppable scorer ever.

So if you add their abilities, Durant's stats would look something like 32 ppg, 12 apg, 7 rpg. LeBron's stats would be like 35-40 ppg/8 apg/7 rpg on a very high shooting percentage. Idk... I'll probably go with LeBron. He'd be the greatest and probably the most skilled scorer ever with Steph's shooting ability. Not to mention, he was already a great passer, and rebounder. Durant would be a tremendous player too with Magic Johnson's court vision, but at the end of day, I'd choose LeBron because of the scoring.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

LeBron shooting 90% FTs and having the fastest release in the league would be deadly

Default Re: Milbuck's strange question

Durant/Magic easily. It would be completely insane.

What exactly is Durant gonna do with Magic's passing/vision? Make Perkins, Thabo and Ibaka look like superstars? Help Westbrook when he can score on his own? That combination would be useless for OKC, Brooks runs an ISO based offense. There are limited possessions in every game, the assists he would be getting would just come at the expense of others. He won't magically be pulling triple doubles out of his ass. If you said Durant with McHale's post game I would be all for Kevin.

But Lebron with Curry's shooting will just be completely unguardable, a 90% free throw shooter with that body and athletic ability would be a nightmare. Now that's a combination that would dominate no matter the team or the system. That's individual perfection, something you would create in an NBA 2K game. Clearly the better player with no weakness. Basically what Durant would be but with even better athleticism, post game and defense.

Muggsy Bogues with Greg Odens Dicck

u mad? buttfrustrated? hahaitme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    Muggsy Bogues with Greg Odens Dicck