Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: i just realized that lebron doesnt have any more help than 96-98 jordan had

Quote Originally Posted by JerryWest
    Lebron teamed up with a superstar and an allstar, did Jordan do that?
    did he waste a good portion of his career with a 2nd option like Mo Williams?

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Default Re: i just realized that lebron doesnt have any more help than 96-98 jordan had

Both are better than Kobe

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Lebron teamed up with a superstar and an allstar, did Jordan do that?
    Jordan's front office was able to surround him with great players. LeBron is Cleveland played with Eric Snow's corpse and Larry Hughes

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    I agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by livinglegend
    did he waste a good portion of his career with a 2nd option like Mo Williams?
    Did Jordan leave his team?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Colangelo
    lol if this is how you wanna go at it, i can play the same game.

3rd best player on kobe/shaq teams = Glen Rice (avg 26 as leader)

3rd best player on kobe/gasol teams = Odom (career avg 15/8/4)
    4th best player on kobe/gasol teams = Bynum (2nd best center in the league in his prime)
    5th best player on kobe/gasol teams = MWP (DoPY, capable of putting up 20/6/3 as leader)

idk man, did you guys also have Ariza who averaged 15/5/5 after leaving the lakers?

do you want me to do 12-13 lakers?
    Nash - 2x MVP, HoF
    Dwight - 3x DoPY, perennial all star/all nba, HoF
    MWP - DoPY, capable of putting up 20/6/3 as leader
    Jamison - 25/9/2 as leader

lol come on griff, i'm not saying those kobe/gasol led lakers are stacked but this isn't the way to go at it.
    except bynum didnt play and wasnt even in the rotation during those 2 titles. he just played garbage minutes.. 6ppg?

i'm comparing guys who actually were reasons those teams won

rice was there for 1 ring i'l give you that

odom was good. but i go in terms of all time rankings

i didnt say kobe had nobody. i said those guys compared to the 2nd/3rd best players on miami /chicago made them look like nobodies

Banned

i know.. both teams are infinitely better than kobes.. thats my point

kobe brought an average team to 3 straight finals/2 straight titles

and kobe/shaqs lakers werent much 3-12 either

all time nba record playoffs 15-1 with samaki walker, brian shaw, isiah rider as their main rotation guys
    Last edited by kennethgriffin; 03-02-2014 at 01:45 PM.

Gasol s Lakers were more stacked. He had a top 15 player of all-time as his 2nd best player. James and Jordan didnt have that luxury.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin

did this guy really just say he'd take

38 year old .... 9ppg/2ast/3reb 43%fg ray allen

over

6th man of the year prime 27 year old toni kukoc ( a guy who was one of the deadliest shooters all time himself. but could step in as leader right away and average 18/6/5 )
    Problem? If I have a stacked team like Miami, Ray is more servicable to me than a Kukoc.

And what do Harper's numbers BEFORE joining Chicago have to do with his play IN Chicago

Jordan's front office was able to surround him with great players. LeBron is Cleveland played with Eric Snow's corpse and Larry Hughes
    I'm going to only say this once.

Lebron can keep winning rings, every year till he retires. But will he be respected like Jordan? Like Larry Bird?

Nope.

He made a decision to team up and win the easy way, every ring he wins with this current team will be an asterisk until he can win a ring BY HIMSELF. No teaming up with a superstar and an all-star.

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    Aside from Lebran and Durant there isn't anyone else. Kobe's time had prime Dwade, Macgrady, Vince, AI, Duncan, Webber, Shaq among others in their absolute prime or still in great shape like Malone and the great Stock.

Lebron only has Durant as a transcendental player. Rose has been injured with Deron and ROndo so they don't count.
    2010's have LeBron, Durant, Carmelo, CP3, Kevin Love (i think he sucks, but his stats indicate otherwise) in their primes. Then you got rising stars in Blake Griffin, AD, Lillard, Harden, PG, Irving, MCW, Wall, DeRozan, Dragic, Curry, Cousins etc.

Then you got this years draft with Embiid, Wiggins, Parker, etc,

The previous era was more top heavy, this era is more balanced across. There isn't as many superstars, but there are still a lot more top players. The way your looking at this is totally wrong. 14 Pacers are a good team, they have a good chance against those champion Spurs teams as anybody in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by livinglegend
    Gasol s Lakers were more stacked. He had a top 15 player of all-time as his 2nd best player. James and Jordan didnt have that luxury.
    Did dwayne wade die?

I'm going to only say this once.

Lebron can keep winning rings, every year till he retires. But will he be respected like Jordan? Like Larry Bird?

Nope.

He made a decision to team up and win the easy way, every ring he wins with this current team will be an asterisk until he can win a ring BY HIMSELF. No teaming up with a superstar and an all-star.
    Keep repeating this to yourself. You will eventually start believing it. Dont give up.

Did dwayne wade die?
    As far as I know, he played last night.
    Did anything happen this morning?