Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1320212223242526 LastLast
    How Do U Like Me Mfer?

Default Re: I just bet 7k on the Heat beating the Bulls

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Thank you for owning Gundress. He's a Lakers fan. He's still bitter because the Mavericks kicked the Lakers' @$$ in the first round of the playoffs. You guys also need to remember that Sixers team also had Andrew Toney, Maurice Cheeks, and Bobby Jones.

Dumb ass......I am not a Lakers fan....I am very glad Mavericks kicked the Lakers' ass.

Seriously, have you two people read RBA's posts?...I bet you didn't.

Those are two different situation, it's not the same what LeBron, Wade, Bosh did.They just want to do the easy way to win the title in their f*cking prime and LeBron and Wade are one of the top players......I'd rather to see them play against each other, I hate to see they playing together.....that's just weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundress
    Dumb ass......I am not a Lakers fan....I am very glad Mavericks kicked the Lakers' ass.

Seriously, have you two people read RBA's posts?...I bet you didn't.

Those are two different situation, it's not the same what LeBron, Wade, Bosh did.They just want to do the easy way to win the title in their f*cking prime and LeBron and Wade are one of the top players......I'd rather to see them play against each other, I hate to see they playing together.....that's just weak.
    Why would you hate on someone because they didn't do things the way you wanted them to? Shouldn't expect anything else from people in our me-first society though. Things don't go exactly how you want it? Cry. lol

I bet you were the kid who had temper tantrums in the grocery store because mommy bought you the green lollipop instead of the red one. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin
    Why would you hate on someone because they didn't do things the way you wanted them to? Shouldn't expect anything else from people in our me-first society though. Things don't go exactly how you want it? Cry. lol

I bet you were the kid who had temper tantrums in the grocery store because mommy bought you the green lollipop instead of the red one. lol
    What didn't go the way he wanted? From what I read, he simply pointed out the truth that LBJ, Wade, and Bosh rather take the easy road. It sure as hell isn't the hard road.

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    -LeBron joined his main rival. Boston, Phila etc... were different positions joining forces not two guys who played the same role.

It is because he joined his rival, who plays the exact same role!
    Rivals? When were the Cleveland Cavaliers and Miami Heat ever true rivals?
    I don't remember them meeting in the post season nor were they even in the same division not to mention they were friends off the court.
    Rose and Lebron play virtually the same role as they're both ball dominant needing the ball to score.
    Quote Originally Posted by LBJFTW
    What didn't go the way he wanted? From what I read, he simply pointed out the truth that LBJ, Wade, and Bosh rather take the easy road. It sure as hell isn't the hard road.
    According to most after the decision and early into the season there were easier roads/'Better fits' and if we're obsessing about taking the supposed path of least resistance why not take the hardest road and go to the worst team in the league... make it as challenging as possible.

Let's not act like athletes haven't demanded improvements in the overall talent level in their team even threatening to leave(Kobe) if they don't improve. I mean isn't that taking an easier road.
    Last edited by KOLBCTEW; 05-26-2011 at 04:56 PM.

Rivals? When were the Cleveland Cavaliers and Miami Heat ever true rivals?
    You have trouble reading. He said he joined his rival who plays the same exact role. Implying his rival is Dwayne Wade. How hard was that to figure out?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    You have trouble reading. He said he joined his rival who plays the same exact role. Implying his rival is Dwayne Wade.
    Anybody not on the same team can be construed as a rival. Rose plays pretty much the same role as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    How hard was that to figure out?
    Very

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin

I don't think most people have a problem personally with what Lebron did, it's his life. If he wants to play ball with his friends, win a lot of games ,etc.. I have no problem with that, specifically.

But it does hurt my enjoyment of the NBA as a whole. I don't invest time and money into the NBA because I want to see superstar best friends team up. I want to see the best players go toe to toe, trying to prove they're better than one another. That's the draw for me.

So Lebron can do whatever he wants, but the direction of the league has left a sour taste in my mouth, and "the decision" is very representative of that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by joe
    I don't think most people have a problem personally with what Lebron did, it's his life. If he wants to play ball with his friends, win a lot of games ,etc.. I have no problem with that, specifically.

But it does hurt my enjoyment of the NBA as a whole. I don't invest time and money into the NBA because I want to see superstar best friends team up. I want to see the best players go toe to toe, trying to prove they're better than one another. That's the draw for me.

So Lebron can do whatever he wants, but the direction of the league has left a sour taste in my mouth, and "the decision" is very representative of that direction.
    I can understand that. It's just that so many people here seem to think they're entitled to something or other.....no, you're not. lol

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    -LeBron put his chance at GOAT in serious jeopardy by joining Wade. He already lost this year's MVP because of his decision, and it is likely this union will take some shine from the championship, should they win. We all wanted to 'witness' someone challenge Jordan's greatness, LBJ's decision to go to Miami jeopardized this.
    Let's say he stayed and the Cavs ended up drafting some stud and then they ended up winning the championship. People would say, 'LBJ couldn't get it done before Studdy McGee came along. He needed him to to win it all.' It would be kind of like what it is for John Elway. People say he couldn't get it done until Davis came along. Now, let's say James stayed, and they never gave him enough help, so they never won it all, then people would say, 'Sure, James was a great, great player, but he never won it all. Jordan blah blah blah rings Kobe blah blah blah rings, etc...'

OK, if he wins it all in Miami, then sure, people will say that he had Wade and Bosh, but so what? People say that Kobe had Shaq and Gasol, Duncan had Manu and Parker, Pierce had Garnett and Allen, etc..

-LBJ and Wade are in their primes. Had this happened next contract (in 4-5 years) it would be fine, but now..?
    Dr. J had won the MVP 2 seasons prior while Malone won it the following season, and then they joined up. The 76ers won about 60 games a year for the 3 previous seasons to Malone coming aboard, what about the Heat? How have they done in the 3 previous seasons to James taking his talents to South Beach? Come on, the 76ers was a 60 win team before they had Moses Malone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18

Dr. J had won the MVP 2 seasons prior while Malone won it the following season, and then they joined up. The 76ers won about 60 games a year for the 3 previous seasons to Malone coming aboard, what about the Heat? How have they done in the 3 previous seasons to James taking his talents to South Beach? Come on, the 76ers was a 60 win team before they had Moses Malone.
    Exactly, the Moses to 76ers and LeBron to the Heat analogy is very good. Only idiot homers like RBA who are completely blind will fail to see this.

Both Moses and LeBron were the best players in the NBA at the top of their game. And both went into loaded teams (though the 76ers were already proven). Both joined another superstar Top 3 player at the time (82 and 10).

Almost a perfect analogy.

Cash It-In

Advice on betting on the finals:

Quote Originally Posted by GP_20
    MacMac and other fellow bettors

Time to go all-in on the Miami Heat to beat the Mavericks in the Finals. Dallas has been hot and this will give you better than usual odds from Vegas to bet on the Heat.

We know LeBron James and Dwyane Wade are not going to let their team lose when they are this close the ring. Also, I pick the Heat so it's over.

LeBron + Wade + GP_20's Pick = 100+% victory

All-in on Miami. Macmac, like I said, don't have the same regret that you will have at the end of the Miami-Bulls series. The regret: "Why didn't I put more on this?"

good bet.

Congrats on winning!

i bet every game after game 1, except tonight's game

cha ching

i'm loving this year's playoffs, biggest cash cow in a long time

big money