Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-08-2007, 01:13 AM   #16
dudeguykid
High school junior varsity star

dudeguykid has decent reputation
Default Re: Elliot Kalb's top 50 Players List?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeguykid
i highly doubt anyone in the world, with the exception of you, would look at that list and associate karl malone with the lakers instead of the jazz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerWarrior12
Karl Malone was with the Lakers for one season and the others with the Jazz.

Get your facts straight. Moron.

Do you know the meaning of the word associate?

Now, we're talking about one of the greatest players to ever play the game of basketball. Who played 18 seasons with the Utah Jazz and 1 with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Still with me?

This list is talking about the 50 greatest players of all time. Now in said lists it is common sense to associate a basketball players name to the team which whom they built their legacy with.

For Example 99.99% of people when they see Michael Jordans name at the top associate him with Chicago Bulls. Not the wizards as you probably would.

My point is you create many fatuous threads and express often asinine opinions. And I would just like to plead with you to think and re-read your opinions before you post. Youre slowly becoming a nuisance to the people that actually know what theyre talking about.
dudeguykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:07 AM   #17
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeticism707
How was Tim Duncan Number 9 All Time in 2003, but 2 titles later, is ranked number 10 on ISH? FACE IT, Tim Duncan is top-5 all time (at fifth), and Shaq is in the 7 to 9 range.

You have to be kidding...

Tim Duncan't ranking at 9th and his ranking now at 10th by ISH likely means that his ranking at 9th was off. How could he have been ranked at 9th with only two titles?
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:20 AM   #18
Darsh
Good college starter

Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation

how does this compare to ISH's top 50 so far?
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:23 AM   #19
Darsh
Good college starter

Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation
Default Re: Elliot Kalb's Top 50 Players of All-Time List?

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Elliot Kalb's top 16

1. Shaquille O'Neal
2. Wilt Chamberlain
3. Michael Jordan
4. Bill Russell
5. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
6. Larry Bird
7. Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
8. Oscar Robertson
9. Tim Duncan
10. Bob Cousy
--
11. Bob Pettit
12. Jerry West
13. Elgin Baylor
14. Moses Malone
15. Julius Erving
16. Hakeem Olajuwon

Quote:
ISH's top 16:

1. Michael Jordan
2. Wilt Chamberlain
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
4. Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
5. Larry Bird
6. Bill Russell
7. Shaquille O'Neal
8. Oscar Robertson
9. Hakeem Olajuwon
10. Tim Duncan
-----
11. Jerry West
12. Julius Erving
13. Moses Malone
14. Elgin Baylor
15. Bob Pettit
16. John Havlicek

Interesting

Last edited by Darsh : 07-08-2007 at 08:25 AM.
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:43 AM   #20
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

I brought this book back in 2004, and before people bash the list.. he gives very in depth reasonings for all his rankings. This book made realize Shaq's greatness. Back in 2003, I was like some of the doubters here, still thinking Shaq wasn't top 10 or whatever, but after the book, I realized "damn shaq is on Magic/Bird level already". I started preaching that on here too, ISH now generally ranks Shaq high, but even like a year ago people were saying he was below Hakeem and shouldn't be top 10 and crap like that. Now although I don't agree with him as #1, I realized he was top 5 worthy after this book, and that was BEFORE Shaq won another ring and had another MVP-worth year in 05.

Last edited by EricForman : 07-08-2007 at 08:49 AM.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:35 AM   #21
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerWarrior12
Karl Malone was with the Lakers for one season and the others with the Jazz.

Get your facts straight. Moron.

He is talking about what you would tink when you see the name Karl Malone. I think Utah. When people say Hakeem, I think the Rockets, not the Raptors, when people say Kareem, they think Lakers not Milwaukee, when people say Jordon, they thinik Chicago not Washington.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:55 AM   #22
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

LOL at Shaq being No1
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:18 AM   #23
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Shaq isn't so much of a stretch if you go with prime players. We're talking about the best players of all time. Best. I'm sure there are a lot of people who would consider prime Shaq the best individual player to ever play the game, simply because of complete dominance on both ends, and complete control of the game. You can say that for a lot of players, but again, a case can easily be made for Shaq.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:26 AM   #24
Fudge
psychotic&iconic

Fudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Guy must be smoking pot while doing his little book. I don't think it was necessary to vacate Hakeem out of the top 10, let alone top 15.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:00 AM   #25
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge
Guy must be smoking pot while doing his little book. I don't think it was necessary to vacate Hakeem out of the top 10, let alone top 15.

and I think ISH is smoking crack for ranking Hakeem over Shaq.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: