Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ranking Draymond Green

Is Draymond Green a great player? All star level? Or just a very good role player in an ideal situation which allows him to play to his strengths, and who would not get the same regard if he played for a mediocre or bad team?

I'm thinking the latter. "Dennis Rodman Effect" seems strong with this one.

Default Re: Ranking Draymond Green

I don't see why he couldn't do any of what he does elsewhere... all-star.

And your Rodman hating still going on lmao

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    I don't see why he couldn't do any of what he does elsewhere... all-star.

And your Rodman hating still going on lmao
    Critique not hate.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    Is Draymond Green a great player? All star level? Or just a very good role player in an ideal situation which allows him to play to his strengths, and who would not get the same regard if he played for a mediocre or bad team?

he's not a superstar so his circumstances will matter more than a superstar...

however, he's one of the best defensive players in the league and he provides a unique skill that would allow any team to go small...which is a huge advantage if you can defend...and he makes that possible

that small ball lineup the warriors play that just destroys teams and nobody has an answer for....Green's versatility on both ends make that possible

Banned

I agree, but we mustn't low ball his value

For team success these guys are priceless. Guys like Odom/Rodman/Ibaka

I feel like Josh Smith is one of these examples... Whenever he has tried to be that superstar all eyes on me player, it has not gone well. He could really excel if he focused on his strengths like Green... Defense, playmaking... Practically why he looked so good in Houston after being dreadful in Detroit

Hopefully the Clippers can get him going with that talented bench

Agreed with the above comments. I take him on my team anytime.

Just dont know if he'd get the same props if he played for the Celtics. Playing for top team obviously boosts his stock.

Banned

It makes you wonder...

Would Cleveland be better if they had Draymond instead of Love?

I think so

Agreed with the above comments. I take him on my team anytime.

Just dont know if he'd get the same props if he played for the Celtics. Playing for top team obviously boosts his stock.
    Of course, but every player...even superstars are like that.

If Curry played for a terrible defensive team...he'd be thought of as a worse player.

Green on the Celtics? He'd still be thought of as an elite defender and versatile offensive player.

Celtics probably aren't a good example of what you are going for. They are already a very good defensive team...adding Green would put them over the top. They'd be the best defensive team in the league...and could throw out deadly small ball lineups.

Thomas/Bradley/Smart/Crowder/Green....wow...that small ball lineup would eat teams up. Not as good as the Warriors do it small, but it would be really hard to stop and they'd be very good defensively with that group.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 11-21-2015 at 11:24 AM.

College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Of course, but every player...even superstars are like that.

If Curry played for a terrible defensive team...he'd be thought of as a worse player.

Green on the Celtics? He'd still be thought of as an elite defender and versatile offensive player.

Celtics probably aren't a good example of what you are going for. They are already a very good defensive team...adding Green would put them over the top. They'd be the best defensive team in the league...and could throw out deadly small ball lineups.

Thomas/Bradley/Smart/Crowder/Green....wow
    That's a 50 win team. Just reminds me how good the Celtics will be in a couple years, Can't believe they'll get Brooklyn's pick.

Banned

Boston is already a 50 win team now

Quote Originally Posted by GIF REACTION
    I think just adding Draymond to the Celtics would make them better than that. They might win around 50 without him.

They currently have the 10th best offense and 2nd best defense. They'd jump to the best defense, for sure, with Green...and their offense would get better as well.

College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GIF REACTION
    I have them at 45-48, if they win 50 i'll be super impressed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I think just adding Draymond to the Celtics would make them better than that. They might win around 50 without him.

They currently have the 10th best offense and 2nd best defense. They'd jump to the best defense, for sure, with Green...and their offense would get better as well.
    Agreed

They are kind of playing Sullinger like Green now... He's listed as a PF but he's played C 90% of the time

Underrated player for sure... Haven't watched him enough to comment on his defense but the offensive numbers sure look promising

Banned

Man I was so wrong about Thomas Robinson v Sullinger

Another terrible draft pick by Sacramento

College superstar

Yes to all. He was runner up for DPoY last year and is unique in that he can defend 5s yet handle the ball on the break, pass incredibly well and shoot 3s at a good clip.

Can he Iso from 24ft? No. He probably can't break down defenses as well as half the players in the NBA. But that is a completely outmoded way of viewing players. His skill set is incredibly beneficial, and particularly so on the Warriors as his presence creates so much space. When used with Curry its the perfect storm.

I do think his defense is significantly better than his offense. Much of his offensive success stems from the attention and doubling on Curry. Every time he gets it he is basically playing 4 on 3. But his ability to defend 5s is the reason GSW can run out that small ball 5 and has been running people out of the gym with it, almost all in crunch time in close games. In fact, in the b2B against the LAC and Chi those squads were the ones closing. In the Clips game they were in the last 10 possessions in which they scored 25 points (250 ORTG) and the last 5 of the Bulls game they scored 12 points (240 Ortg). In NONE of these 15 possessions did they score less than 2 points. And that all goes by the wayside without Dray.