I hit on 5-footers

Default Top 10 2014 prospects

My top 9 of prospects for this upcoming draft is pretty much set, as follows:

Wiggins
    Parker
    Embiid
    Exum
    Randle
    Smart
    Harris
    Gordon
    Vonleh

I have McDermott on that 10th spot but I am not as set on that as I am on the other 9 (I also considered Stauskas and Young).

I am quite high on Harris to the point I can even see him having a better pro career than Randle and Smart but I admit the latter 2 look like more of a sure thing right now.

Who would round up the top 10 in your opinion? What are your thoughts on the list? Drop your knowledge ISH!

I will add 10-20 in a few days to build the full first round.

Default Re: Top 10 2014 prospects

I think you have a pretty good list.

What is the deal w Saric? Will he play if drafted?

I hit on 5-footers

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    I think you have a pretty good list.

What is the deal w Saric? Will he play if drafted?
    To be honest I am not sure where to rank him, 12-15 is probably where I would put him. From what I have seen so far though he seems to be rather overrated in the US.

He is definitely not ready to contribute next year and said himself he would prefer to play for Spanish teams FC Barcelona or Real Madrid as transition before he joins the NBA team that drafts him so I doubt he plays straight away.

Interestingly enough, what Bulls and Mirotic decide this offseason will most likely have an impact on Saric's future as he is seen as Mirotic's repllacement over there.

I honestly think he should not be in the top 10, he is a Detlef Schrempf type of player that will take a while to develop and is far from a sure thing at this stage. He doesn't have enough upside to be worth the risk IMO.

Decent college freshman

I might put Stauskas in that spot. He showed a little better athleticism than Mcdermott and has a position.