Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default Knicks trying to acquire OJ Mayo to send to Denver in Melo Trade..

Chris_Broussard Knicks have reached out to Memphis about sending OJ Mayo to DEN in 3-team deal that would send Carmelo Anthony to New York, sources say.

That's all it says. It's funny, i let myself get talked into the fact Melo would sign off in Jersey (and i think he would) and yet it's really circling around again this may not be the case....

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Knicks trying to acquire OJ Mayo to send to Denver in Melo Trade..

And then they trade Melo to Orlando for Dwight!

How exactly do they expect to do that?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    Toney Douglas and some pizza for Mayo.

More like Matt Boner HB40TheNextStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    Toney Douglas and some pizza for Mayo.
    Chicago-style pizza

I could see Memphis liking Douglas, but it would prob require something else... I would also think Memphis would insist on including Fields, but then NY/Denver would balk

And niko I agree with you, I got all caught up in the BS that these writers spew out that I didn't even realize that personally I think Melo wouldn't sign with NJ.

Learning to shoot layups SethVicious's Avatar

what the hell would we do with Mayo? we already have JR and Afflalo. I think getting Favors and Harris + some 1sts would be much better

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    Supposably (don't ask me why with how he has played) denver likes OJ better than Gallo or Chandler, so maybe one of them. Or Randolph and another asset. His trade value is not super high right now.

Quote Originally Posted by SethVicious
    what the hell would we do with Mayo? we already have JR and Afflalo. I think getting Favors and Harris + some 1sts would be much better
    If you start seeing the Knicks get involved to any degree (and i don't know if they are at all) then i'd have to believe there is some truth to the fact Melo doesn't want to sign off in NJ.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by HB40TheNextStar
    Chicago-style pizza
    An endless supply of Gino's East

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Supposably (don't ask me why with how he has played) denver likes OJ better than Gallo or Chandler, so maybe one of them. Or Randolph and another asset. His trade value is not super high right now.
    I'm not doubting you, but I find it hard to believe that Denver would want a small SG that much unless they plan on trading JR... With Lawson, Billups, JR, Afflalo and even Forbes there wouldn't be much time for OJ... Although I get the feeling that Karl wouldn't mind play Afflalo, JR and Forbes at SF (he always plays 3 guard line ups!!! he's even played a 3 PG line up with CB at SF!!!)...

Don't get me wrong, I think OJ in the right position would flourish as a young piece, I just don't think that place would be Denver unless they follow with another move...

Also, I think one point that hasn't been mentioned a lot is that even though Al has played well so far, he's almost a must in any Carmelo deal just b/c his contract doesn't fit a rebuilding team... so I think if NY could get OJ to Denver, take Al's contract, and get a pick for Randolph, then the Nuggets would listen (unless Kroenke is hellbent on blocking Melo to NY)

Quote Originally Posted by niko

Any report on this statement. Maybe they see what I see and all the great OJ Mayo fans out there see. Maybe they will run plays for him? use him as a combo guard ? allow him to run an offense from time to time? run him in a pick and roll situation? Make him the feature, if not " the main guy" in their offense?

call me crazy, but if they like him better than those two, maybe just maybe that's what they are planning to do.

With that being said, I am not getting any hopes up. I got my hopes up with that last big trade rumor and nothing happened, so i'll just wait and see how this progresses in the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    I'm not doubting you, but I find it hard to believe that Denver would want a small SG that much unless they plan on trading JR... With Lawson, Billups, JR, Afflalo and even Forbes there wouldn't be much time for OJ... Although I get the feeling that Karl wouldn't mind play Afflalo, JR and Forbes at SF (he always plays 3 guard line ups!!! he's even played a 3 PG line up with CB at SF!!!)...

Don't get me wrong, I think OJ in the right position would flourish as a young piece, I just don't think that place would be Denver unless they follow with another move...

Also, I think one point that hasn't been mentioned a lot is that even though Al has played well so far, he's almost a must in any Carmelo deal just b/c his contract doesn't fit a rebuilding team... so I think if NY could get OJ to Denver, take Al's contract, and get a pick for Randolph, then the Nuggets would listen (unless Kroenke is hellbent on blocking Melo to NY)

Obviously Nuggets won't just be getting OJ Mayo for nothing ( although with Grizz FO, I am not too confident with that statement).

A lot of pieces will probably be moved also probably JR Smith other players also. Chauncey Billups and OJ Mayo backcourt is a very nice sounded backcourt. Mayo has worked with Billups in the offseason in the past in Chicago at A.T.T.A.C.K complex

Quote Originally Posted by lilojmayo
    Any report on this statement. Maybe they see what I see and all the great OJ Mayo fans out there see. Maybe they will run plays for him? use him as a combo guard ? allow him to run an offense from time to time? run him in a pick and roll situation? Make him the feature, if not " the main guy" in their offense?

call me crazy, but if they like him better than those two, maybe just maybe that's what they are planning to do.

With that being said, I am not getting any hopes up. I got my hopes up with that last big trade rumor and nothing happened, so i'll just wait and see how this progresses in the next few days.
    doesn't sound like Karl... as much as I like him, he has no offensive playbook... all of the scoring depends on isos and fastbreaks...

but OJ would probably strive in iso plays and alongside Lawson and Afflalo...

Quote Originally Posted by lilojmayo
    Obviously Nuggets won't just be getting OJ Mayo for nothing ( although with Grizz FO, I am not too confident with that statement).

A lot of pieces will probably be moved also probably JR Smith other players also. Chauncey Billups and OJ Mayo backcourt is a very nice sounded backcourt. Mayo has worked with Billups in the offseason in the past in Chicago at A.T.T.A.C.K complex
    Of course, the player they'd obviously move is Melo!!! ... to NYK, and meaning one of NY's wings (Chandler or Gallo) going to Memphis (prob along with Douglas)