Page 1 of 20 123411 ... LastLast
    Good college starter

Default Tim Hardaway is a homophobe

Tim Hardaway: 'I Hate Gay People'
    (CBS4) MIAMI Former Miami Heat superstar Tim Hardaway told a local sports radio show that he hates gay people.
    Hardaway made the comments while he was being interviewed by Dan Le Batard on 790 the Ticket Wednesday afternoon.

The five time All Star was asked how he would deal with a gay teammate.

?First of all I wouldn?t want him on my team,? said Hardaway. ? ?Second of all, if he was on my team I would really distance myself from him because I don?t think that?s right and I don?t think he should be in the locker room when we?re in the locker room.?

Le Batard took Hardaway to task, pointing out that his comments were ?flatly homophobic? and bigoted, but that only seemed to stir up the former point guard.

?Well, you know, I hate gay people,? Hardaway said in response to Le Batard. ?I let it be known I don?t like gay people. I don?t like to be around gay people. I?m homophobic. It shouldn?t be in the world, in the United States, I don?t like it.?

Hardaway?s comments come on the heels of a groundbreaking revelation made by former player John Amaechi, who became the first professional basketball player to openly identify himself as gay.

Amaechi became only the sixth male atlhlete from one of the four major American sports (NBA,MLB,NFL,NHL) to admit he is gay.

Former NFL running back David Kopay , offensive lineman Roy Simmons and defensive lineman Esera Tuaolo just recently came out.

Glenn Burke, an outfielder for the Los Angeles Dodgers and the Oakland Athletics in the 1970s, and Billy Bean, a utility player in the 1980s and 1990s, have also come out.

No player has ever publicly admitted to being gay while currently playing for one of the four major American sports.
    http://cbs4.com/topstories/local_story_045205258.html

He will be remembered for this now. Some athletes you wish could just keep their mouths shut.

Dunking on everybody in the park thekavorka's Avatar

Default Re: Poor Tim Hardaway

Hardaway was never a smart guy. Hubie Brown should go and educate Hardaway.
    Last edited by insidehoops; 02-15-2007 at 04:16 AM.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

I was a Tim Hardaway fan growing up, and will still remember his game and his greatness as a player, but it's a little sad to see him show hatred and stupidity. Two simple things that everyone should know:

1. Don't be a bigot.

2. If you must be a bigot, keep your comments to yourself, stupid.

I can't wait for him to check into rehab like that clown Isiah Washington.

Still my favortie PG of all time. Everybody's entitled to their opinion, I think he went a little overboard but to each his own. I can understand some of his points like being in the locker room.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LAZYBOY
    Still my favortie PG of all time. Everybody's entitled to their opinion, I think he went a little overboard but to each his own. I can understand some of his points like being in the locker room.
    well said, I'm thinking these media are on a witch hunt and catching these players off guard and spontaneously just utter words they dont really mean.

this guy makes tyrus thomas look like a genius

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by HollaBolla
    well said, I'm thinking these media are on a witch hunt and catching these players off guard and spontaneously just utter words they dont really mean.
    witch hunt? nobody catching off guard makes you say **** like "I hate gays". stop trying to make excuses for the guy being an ignorant moron. You'd think black players would be a little more empathic to this situation, considering it wasn't all that long ago that people were saying these same kinds of hateful things about them.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore jaja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    I was a Tim Hardaway fan growing up, and will still remember his game and his greatness as a player, but it's a little sad to see him show hatred and stupidity. Two simple things that everyone should know:

1. Don't be a bigot.

2. If you must be a bigot, keep your comments to yourself, stupid.

I can't wait for him to check into rehab like that clown Isiah Washington.
    isiah washington actually isnt bigoted. he never called the guy a ****** and his castmate confirmed it.. it was just PR to go into 'rehab'

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder

Finnaly someone says what we have all been thinking...He is like the Martin Luther King of gay-hate
    More like George Wallace of homophobia. But I can see how you'd confuse the two.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Whatever his personal feelings about the subject, he should have kept it to himself. I'm not sure why he would be so insecure as to even worry about it, but it is his opinion. He just should have kept it to himself, considering he is a public figure. He will suffer from much public scrutiny over this....

NBA rookie of the year

No different than Karl Malone's remarks about Magic's HIV years ago. I don't see the big deal. He's only echoing many other's opinions. I find it somewhat admirable.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore HoustonRockets87's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tarik One
    No different than Karl Malone's remarks about Magic's HIV years ago. I don't see the big deal. He's only echoing many other's opinions. I find it somewhat admirable.
    Hardaway: ``Well, you know I hate gay people, so I let it be known. I don't like gay people and I don't like to be around gay people. I am homophobic. I don't like it. It shouldn't be in the world or in the United States. So yeah, I don't like it.''

Real admirable.....There are people that don't like black people. If Lary Bird came out and said "you know I hate black people" that would be really admirable............:rollingeyes:

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

tim hardaway sux ****. freaking loser

oh yeah...i forgot about malones comments on magic's HIV...but the whole hardaway situation is hard to say...yes he has his right to his opinion....and also there is a certain point where you should stop yourself....but i also think maybe some of this could be tabloid stuff....but i am not lettin him off the hook but they could have made it worse...

Default Amaechi responding to Hardaway's comments tomorrow on Mike & Mike

yep