Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Value Ape.

Default Re: An unnecessarily long Kobe video and a shorter but still excessive post.

Quote Originally Posted by momo
    (Can we just leave the KB >/=/< stuff for another thread people? Seriously, it is debated to DEATH already. Talk about the videos... Or just give Kblaze props and STFU)
    Great advise ...

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: An unnecessarily long Kobe video and a shorter but still excessive post.

Quote Originally Posted by StroShow4
    When youtube blocks the audio try Yahoo video. Works great for me.
    cant you just write the song credits either on the info or add a pop up on the video that credits the song?

Gots Ta Be Li Showtam! The Magic Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by v-unit
    Fact is you have to be realistic, and you aren't. Me saying Kobe will never be better then Jordan is more realistic then you saying he would average 40, 10, 10 with 6 championshpis/finals mvps.

[COLOR="Red"]Lol, yea, I totally predicted him to average that. You know damn well what I meant by that scenario. Well, I need to stop assuming guys around here have common sense. My point was that many people here hate Kobe so much that if he was to average ridiculous numbers like that MJ would still be regarded as the GOAT.[/COLOR]

Also, your whole post is deemed incorrect for the simple fact that I didn't talk abuot young stars, I was talking soley about Kobe (he is 30, not 20 like the younger stars).

Another reason your post fails is because I'm not a Jordan groupie like you think I am ("I'll be called a homer for having a Lakers avi but I guess it just ultimately shows who the real homers and fanatics are" yeah I'm such a homer and fanatic of Jordan, think this is the second time I ever wrote about him on ISH.

Another reason why your post fails is because you are assuming that I said NO ONE would be better then Jordan. Again, I say something against Kobe and assume that it applies to everyone. Maybe you ARE the homer and fanatic?

Final grade: 0/10

As for the rest of this tirade, whew! You are all fired up! Okay, based on the part where I had to "explain" myself in red, you obviously didn't read my post thouroughly. I never named names. I even said the post wasn't directed towards the op (although I dont even know who the op was). Actually the I'm not assuming anything about you. And calling me a homer and fanatic? What's that all about? A homer for who? I brought Kobe, LBJ, Mayo, Rose, and Wade into the fold. My overall point is that it is pretty crazy to say no one will ever be better than MJ. I bet no one ever thought they'd see someone close to being on Wilt's level back in the day.

Dude, you should seriously calm down. Lol @ my final grade. don't even get points for filling out my name?

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

lol @ the andgar dude acting like Jordan not only walked on water but hovered over it for sh*ts and giggles.

LeBron will be the GOAT. F*uck all that nonsensical babble you talking. LeBron is walking a path that leads right to such a status.

You're appalling.

Very good NBA starter

I'm being calm. It's just that you assumed way too much. You said at the end of your post "I guess it just ultimately shows who the real homers and fanatics are" and that sounded like you called me a homer of Jordan (Something I definatly am not).

All I said was that right now, Kobe isn't close to Jordan and has no more chance of being greater then him. It's too late, he isn't going to win 6 more times as the man while averaging crazy numbers. He'll still be a beast though.

I didn't say anything about Rose/LeBron/Mayo/etc that you started talking about.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Magic Man
    Same here. I'm not saying Rose will be the one but it's asanine to sit here and proclaim a rookie, who has maybe 15 years ahead of him will never be better than another guy.
    Rose will never be better than MJ.

But I also said that we might see somebody better than him.

I rule the local playground nnn123's Avatar

Lol, yea, I totally predicted him to average that. You know damn well what I meant by that scenario. Well, I need to stop assuming guys around here have common sense. My point was that many people here hate Kobe so much that if he was to average ridiculous numbers like that MJ would still be regarded as the GOAT.

I think that a lot of the hate towards Kobe is a direct response to people overrating him earlier during the Lakers 3-Peat year (by overrating I mean saying he's better than Jordan). However, if he was to come into the league and start doing that crazy sh!t that you mentioned at such a young age, then he would be more accepted and less hated. The fact that he won 3 championships created a massive overrating rampage by certain people that I think pissed off Jordan fans, thereby leading to the hate.

Now think about this....In my strong opinion at least, LBJ's career has been more impressive than Kobe's, from ages 18-24 compared to Kobe's 18-24 (yes Kobe won 3 championships, but Lebron also got to the finals, showing he had the potential to win like crazy if he had Shaq and co. on his team. It just seems that LBJ is more individually dominating). Since LBJ's rookie season, his numbers have been off the chart. Because of this fact, I think Jordan fans find LBJ to be more "worthy" of the comparison. I can GUARANTEE that LBJ will never get as much hate (directed from MJ fans) than Kobe, even though it appears that he is the greater threat to surpass Jordan's legacy. So my point is MJ fans hate Kobe not necessarily because of jealousy/fear - although that may be some of it - but that they feel he is unworthy of the comparison. If he was to come into the league and immediately put up the ridiculous numbers that you mentioned then he would be much more accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by nnn123
    I think that a lot of the hate towards Kobe is a direct response to people overrating him earlier during the Lakers 3-Peat year (by overrating I mean saying he's better than Jordan). However, if he was to come into the league and start doing that crazy sh!t that you mentioned at such a young age, then he would be more accepted and less hated. The fact that he won 3 championships created a massive overrating rampage by certain people that I think pissed off Jordan fans, thereby leading to the hate.

Now think about this....In my strong opinion at least, LBJ's career has been more impressive than Kobe's, from ages 18-24 compared to Kobe's 18-24 (yes Kobe won 3 championships, but Lebron also got to the finals, showing he had the potential to win like crazy if he had Shaq and co. on his team. It just seems that LBJ is more individually dominating). Since LBJ's rookie season, his numbers have been off the chart. Because of this fact, I think Jordan fans find LBJ to be more "worthy" of the comparison. I can GUARANTEE that LBJ will never get as much hate (directed from MJ fans) than Kobe, even though it appears that he is the greater threat to surpass Jordan's legacy. So my point is MJ fans hate Kobe not necessarily because of jealousy/fear - although that may be some of it - but that they feel he is unworthy of the comparison. If he was to come into the league and immediately put up the ridiculous numbers that you mentioned then he would be much more accepted.

I think that for the most part that seems to be the case.

I don't think most Jordan fans hate Kobe or think he's a bad player. They hate his fans and think he's a notch or two below MJ which isn't a bad thing. But most do think the hype he's received is bigger than his game.

I think MJ fans for the most part love Bron and Wade.

shhhhhhh

gee another kobe thread, and here's andgar/bruceblitz as always trying to make sure nobody forgets MJ.. it's ok buddy nobody will forget about him if you don't pop into every thread to remind us...

nice job kblaze as always your videos are top flight

I rule the local playground nnn123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    I think that for the most part that seems to be the case.

I don't think most Jordan fans hate Kobe or think he's a bad player. They hate his fans and think he's a notch or two below MJ which isn't a bad thing. But most do think the hype he's received is bigger than his game.

I think MJ fans for the most part love Bron and Wade.

Yeah....and needless to say not all MJ fans hate Kobe of course, some love him....like my brother for example who was a huge MJ guy back in the day...but now cheers for Kobe because he reminds him of Jordan.

Gots Ta Be Li Showtam! The Magic Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by v-unit
    I'm being calm. It's just that you assumed way too much. You said at the end of your post "I guess it just ultimately shows who the real homers and fanatics are" and that sounded like you called me a homer of Jordan (Something I definatly am not).

I didn't say anything about Rose/LeBron/Mayo/etc that you started talking about.

Dude! I wasn't even talking about you. I only used the quote. It wasn't geared towards anyone in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Rose will never be better than MJ.

But I also said that we might see somebody better than him..
    How can you say that? You have no idea what that man is gonna do in the future. What if he's the one to put up 40/10/10 and win 6 titles and MVPs in a row? Would that not make him the best? I know its a ridiculous analogy but it's like your being very close minded right now.

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

Nice video, and nice songs.

Guru sounded less monotone than usual on Work.

Dude! I wasn't even talking about you. I only used the quote. It wasn't geared towards anyone in particular.

How can you say that? You have no idea what that man is gonna do in the future. What if he's the one to put up 40/10/10 and win 6 titles and MVPs in a row? Would that not make him the best? I know its a ridiculous analogy but it's like your being very close minded right now.
    I'm not being closed minded, I'm being realistic.

If he did that than sure...... but that's not being realistic.

I also mentioned that MJ's game was more than stats, so even if he doesn't avg those numbers, but he (or anybody) changes the game, then yeah he's worthy of that.

From what I've seen of Rose during the season, that doesn't seem to be reality.

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    gee another kobe thread, and here's andgar/bruceblitz as always trying to make sure nobody forgets MJ.. it's ok buddy nobody will forget about him if you don't pop into every thread to remind us...

And here you are complaining as usual.

FACT is.... I wasn't the one that brought him up.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by gts

Michael who?