Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default 2013 Derrick Rose or 2013 Kyrie Irving

Which one will be better?

Default Re: 2013 Derrick Rose or 2013 Kyrie Irving

this has been discussed to death, and nothing has changed since it was last discussed, so i dont see why it needs to be brought up again.

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

D Rose

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

I can't tell you who will be better this coming season but what I can say is I'd take Kyrie without thinking twice. I want my PG to actually you know... play point guard. Kyrie's PG instincts/skill set blow Rose out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I can't tell you who will be better this coming season but what I can say is I'd take Kyrie without thinking twice. I want my PG to actually you know... play point guard. Kyrie's PG instincts/skill set blow Rose out of the water.
    +Rose might never be same after his injury. You take the healthy player with better IQ, shooting and PG skills.

College superstar

If you asked me to draft one of these two today, in their current condition... I would choose Kyrie.

I have no idea how Rose is going to respond to his ACL tear and even if both were healthy, Kyrie has the possibility of being the better overall player.

Had it been before Rose went down with the blown knee, I would take Rose over Kyrie simply because Rose was proven. Now, I'd go with the healthy one that has major upside.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Do you want him to play PG or win games??

Rose has never had a losing team and made the playoffs in each of his seasons in the NBA. Not many top pick PG's can say that.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    +Rose might never be same after his injury. You take the healthy player with better IQ, shooting and PG skills.
    Exactly. Rose has become D Wade 2.0. Reckless playstyle is catching up to him in the way of nonstop injuries. Then you look at Kyrie's IQ+shooting+PG skills as you said. I think Kyrie actually has a top 5 player upside which is about where Rose is at.

5-time NBA All-Star

LOL, why would anybody ask a question about comparing an injured player to a healthy one. A guy in crutches vs a healthy one? Its like you have to confirm some crazy nonsense in your head to ask that question. In what sport can you even imagine that in?

GOAT Commissioner

Kyrie Irving since Rose isn't going to be back until February and and will need a year to get his form back.

5-time NBA All-Star

I'd take Kyrie without thinking twice. I want my PG to actually you know... play point guard.
    I'm curious why? Pure point guard has rarely ever shown much value in the NBA. Championship teams and most contenders don't sport them much. The best players are usually wing players that man the point position. Tony Parker, Wade, Kobe, Billups, Lebron, Jordan, Pippen etc.. Deron Williams and CP3 are the purest pg's out there but Tony Parker and D Rose have taken their teams deeper in the playoffs and win more in general even though, all of them have had offensively challenged teams. I would definitely call D Rose and Tony Parker winners.

Banned

Derrick Rose

Michael Jordan of ISH

I'd take 2013 Kyrie Irving over any form of Derrick Rose

GOAT Commissioner

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    I'm curious why? Pure point guard has rarely ever shown much value in the NBA. Championship teams and most contenders don't sport them much. The best players are usually wing players that man the point position. Tony Parker, Wade, Kobe, Billups, Lebron, Jordan, Pippen etc.. Deron Williams and CP3 are the purest pg's out there but Tony Parker and D Rose have taken their teams deeper in the playoffs and win more in general even though, all of them have had offensively challenged teams. I would definitely call D Rose and Tony Parker winners.
    What has Derrick Rose won to be labeled as a 'winner'?

5-time NBA All-Star

Kyrie doesn't have an MVP vote, played or won a playoff game, or come close to a winning season so why is he being compared to Rose - an MVP?

Kyrie's appropiate comparison is D Will once he achieves some success. For now he hasn't proven he's definitively better than Wall. If you want an established player comparison that was healthy and close to D Rose in style of play - go for Westbrook, whom, I guarantee will burn Kyrie next year and lock him down in the process.

I like Kyrie and wish him well and think he can be a top three PG in four years, but he's unproven for now and shouldn't be hyped over his head. I saw Shumpert totally shut Kyrie down and it was a thorough job. So he's still not in the top tier and hasn't been really challenged yet.