Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: The future of ISH looks bright

The 2015 playoffs were Lebron's first high volume playoffs and we saw what happened when the high volume forced him to stray from his normal diet of 3-pointers and layups - unfortunately, Lebron's efficiency is poor at the additional midrange and isolations required of high volume shooting, so he can't shoot well at high volume or require a double-team to PREVENT high volume..

At 39%, it benefited the Warriors every time he shot, so they encouraged his high volume by not double-teaming - they only double-teamed him 18 times in the entire Finals.. Compare that to MJ, where his high efficiency at high volume caused teams to double-team him 10+ times in a single quarter, as standard - teams couldn't afford high volume from Jordan, since it was accompanied by high efficiency too..

But the real holy grail of basketball skill is far greater than controlling pace with high volume like Lebron, or adding good efficiency to the high volume like MJ.. The real holy grail of basketball skill is good efficiency at high volume [COLOR="Navy"]while winning championships[/COLOR] because the high volume must be achieved within the team concept - the high volume must be achieved without diminishing teammates' statistics so the team can reach it's ceiling and be a championship team..

MJ (1992, 1993, 1997, and 1998) and Hakeem (1995) are the only players that reached the holy grail of basketball skill by achieving high efficiency at high volume while winning a championship (25+ shot attempts on 45%+ during the playoffs).. Ultimately, their elite midrange efficiency allowed them to shoot well at high volume.. As you can see, midrange is the key to goat-level skill.. In MJ's case, he averaged an amazing 25.1 shot attempts in the playoffs on 49%.. When you compare his [COLOR="navy"]per 100 stats[/COLOR] to other wings (playoffs stats shown below), it's clear that he did exactly what the other wings did, but just MORE OF IT.. His efficiency was the same as other wings, but he simply produced far more at that efficiency:

JORDAN:[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 43.3 pts.. 2.2 oreb.. 6.1 dreb.. 7.4 ast.. 4.0 tov.. 2.7 stl.. 1.1 blk.. [COLOR="green"]32.5 fga.. 118 ORtg.. 56.8 ts[/COLOR]
    LEBRON:[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 36.5 pts.. 2.0 oreb.. 9.3 dreb.. 8.6 ast.. 4.5 tov.. 2.2 stl.. 1.2 blk.. 26.8 fga.. 114 ORtg.. 56.5 ts
    DURANT:[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 35.8 pts.. 1.2 oreb.. 9.1 dreb.. 4.8 ast.. 4.1 tov.. 1.4 stl.. 1.5 blk.. 25.8 fga.. 114 ORtg.. 58.3 ts
    KOBE:[COLOR="White"].....[/COLOR] 34.7 pts.. 1.4 oreb.. 5.5 dreb.. 6.4 ast.. 4.0 tov.. 1.9 stl.. 0.9 blk.. 27.7 fga.. 110 ORtg.. 54.1 ts
    WADE:[COLOR="White"]....[/COLOR] 32.2 pts.. 2.0 oreb.. 5.4 dreb.. 7.1 ast.. 4.8 tov.. 2.3 stl.. 1.4 blk.. 24.5 fga.. 108 ORtg.. 55.4 ts

Local High School Star

3ball

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Get your pillows ready

3ball gonna dead you with his chapters

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Agreed.

Newly appointed leader of the anti-Lequeen brigade.

We have 3ball is laying down covering fire. Move in. This shit is over.

Perfect timing 3ball. I needed a bedtime story.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

3 balls post was so powerfully boring it penetrated my sleep. I saw it in my dream and had to get up and close this topic.

Sorry everyone.