Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question The overrating of Aaron Gordon?

I've been hearing some talk about how he's going to be as good as Blake Griffin.. This is just on youtube so take it with a grain of salt

This is how I responded after he refuted me by exampling Jimmy Butler's career progression

The fact is rarely do guys who average single digits in their first two seasons reach elite status top 10 player status (which is what you said when you alluded to that he'll be as good as Griffin). You know who the guys are that usually make that leap to stardom? Guys like Damian Lillard, guys like Karl Anthony Towns... You seriously underrate Griffin as a player, and you put way too much eggs into Aaron Gordon's basket.

I once again stand upon my Poor mans Shawn Marion comparison. He's an uber athletic tweener with okay skills. These types of players haven't fared well in the NBA ...
    (Michael Beasley/Derrick Williams/Marvin Williams/Anthony Bennett)
    What are your thoughts on AG? I think he'll be a borderline all-star guy at his best and in his best years. I certainly don't see top 10 player potential, nor Blake Griffin potential in this one. Poor mans shawn marion is my projection.

Default Re: The overrating of Aaron Gordon?

I just hope he's not out of the league in 3 years.

I mean

He was an integral part to a successful college team. He had decent freshman numbers... But he was by no means a game changer

I think we can all agree that so far... That draft wasn't what it was cracked up to be.

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Hustle guy with a hustle guy mentality. No clear weaknesses but average skills overall. Can become an elite defender but I lean more toward very solid. Flashes of brilliance here and there because of his all-around game and athleticism but will top out at 15/9/3 or something. Will only be in the all-star for dunks or as a reserve if lucky.

That being said, I would want him off the bench on a championship squad. Great glue guy.

Tolerant Liberals

Hes been a good defender. He won't ever average 20ppg but like the above poster mentioned, he could put up 15/9/3 in the flow of the offense on good percentages and with good defense.

I agree with those statlines. A poor mans Shawn Marion. Even Marion shot the 3 ball well from time to time. Gordon will never be as good as Marion at his best, that's for sure.

NBA rookie of the year

which current young players have superstar potential?

Banned

Hes going to be a stud but no he won't be a go to offensive guy like blake. They are diferemt olayers. Ag does so many off ball and defensive things that blake doesnt but blake has always done so much more on the offensive end. I think ag will be a star and so do most orlando Fans but from what i see most of us are realistic about him being more a two way start then an elite scorer. Its the non magic fans who see him dunk and go hes the next blake

On his averages though he still doesn't have plays run for him and skiles only recently started goving big minutes.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMax
    which current young players have superstar potential?
    Karl Anthony Towns

Anthony Bennett was uber athletic? Same with Marvin Williams? Nah, lol.

And I think people are more or less comparing their dunking abilities rather than skill.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Yeah, I've noticed espn trying to hype him up as a good player when he only gets 8pts and has a dunk in a game. He's still raw. He can become a good player in time.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Because ESPN wants him to be a star. The more stars in the NBA, the better for them. Also Gordon reaches out to the gay NBA market, which before ESPN and NBA had to use clearly hetero players like Parsons, Kobe, Parker, and Ibaka. Maybe Parker. He is French doe.

Good college starter

Only overrated by delusional Orlando Magic Stanley hentai-loving JameerTheQueer types.

Like the poster above said, he'll be out of the league in 3 years after he no longer is eligible for the slam dunk contest.

Randle is already lightyears ahead of him and will be a legit 20 and 10 allstar while Gordon will struggle to crack a D-League rotation.

Orlando Magic and their fans stay holding these L's 4 life.
    Last edited by IllegalD; 02-26-2016 at 02:27 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IllegalD
    Only overrated by delusional Orlando Magic Stanley hentai-loving JameerTheQueer types.

Like the poster above said, he'll be out of the league in 3 years after he no longer is eligible for the slam dunk contest.

Randle is already lightyears ahead of him and will be a legit 20 and 10 allstar while Gordon will struggle to crack a D-League rotation.

Orlando Magic and their fans stay holding these L's 4 life.
    Lol wtf. Gordin shits all over randle. Anyone who's watched any decent sample size can see this

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Lol wtf. Gordin shits all over randle. Anyone who's watched any decent sample size can see this
    Gordon is raw. I'd still take him over Randle. Randle looks like a future career bench/role player. Gordon could be the same but better or he could be a legit starter. Gordon has more potential.