Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: I've seen enough...Curry is the greatest offensive player of all time at his peak...

So I guess 50.4 a game and however many offensive boards doesn't count.

Winning>Stats

Default Re: I've seen enough...Curry is the greatest offensive player of all time at his peak...

Better than Kobe ever was. Efficient and more of a team player.

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayedd
    Michael Jordan would be averaging like 40 PPG in todays league. Reggie Miller would probably be capable of doing what Curry is doing if prime Miller was playing in the NBA right now.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Jordan could average 40 per game, especially on a bad team.. He averaged 37 ppg despite hand-checking and no spacing.

Surely he'd run roughshod WITHOUT hand-checking and with tons of wide open spacing.. Everyone knows that offense is easier WITH spacing than without...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P

Jordan would be a better version of 6'3" Westbrook or 6'4" Wade, who led the league in scoring with the same 3-point shot as Jordan and FAR worse midrange shooting.

MJ was essentially a rich man's Westbrook or Wade - taller, longer, bigger hands, better athlete, much smarter and much better shooter.. It would be amazing to see a rich man's Westbrook or Wade in today's game..

Like, imagine if Westbrook or Wade could double-pump from the FT line with ease... Yikes - they'd be the GOAT - they'd be MJ..

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Horatio33
    Better than Kobe ever was. Efficient and more of a team player.
    So why is he in your head?

Local High School Star

lets see some legendary record setting playoff performances first.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Unstumpable
    Nah he aint that good really
    Bran will put him on lockdown and spank hat ass in the finals
    lol Lebron would never dare guard him. The only thing Lebron knows how to do in the Finals is to make the opposing team's small forward into the Finals MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat
    Jordan fam is gonna let this one slide stalker because we like you, but only this time.

Banned

MDE Shaq is the most dominant offensive player of all time, because not only does he score at an amazingly high efficiency and percentage, he also gets the opposing teams starting front court in to foul trouble every single game, and dominates the offensive glass. On top of that he's one of the elite passing centers of all time.

Steph is great, but he is not as great as the MDE.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Jordan would be a better version of 6'3" Westbrook or 6'4" Wade, who led the league in scoring with the same 3-point shot as Jordan and FAR worse midrange shooting.

MJ was essentially a rich man's Westbrook or Wade - taller, longer, bigger hands, better athlete, much smarter and much better shooter.. It would be amazing to see a rich man's Westbrook or Wade in today's game..

Like, imagine if Westbrook or Wade could double-pump from the FT line with ease... Yikes - they'd be the GOAT - they'd be MJ..
    FAR worse? Wade shot .446% from 10-16 in 09...I highly doubt that's FAR worse than what Jordan was shooting from there.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Peak for peak, no one has ever been better. Scoring and play making combined, this shit is unreal.

I can't believe it.

Dude is 180 pounds and the greatest offensive player in NBA history.
    And you call yourself a Kobe fan? Did you even WATCH 2006 Kobe? Don't bother answering. We know the answer is no. Just a troll. Probably not even a Kobe fan either.

Advice. Go back and rewatched some old game tapes.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    FAR worse? Wade shot .446% from 10-16 in 09...I highly doubt that's FAR worse than what Jordan was shooting from there.
    Jordan '90-'93 was likely at 47-50% from that same zone, better from inside 10 feet (short shots), and significantly better from 16-23 feet than Wade. They're not even close as shooters when you watch them in terms of form/mechanics, confidence in their shot, or efficacy.
    Last edited by OldSchoolBBall; 02-26-2016 at 04:47 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    Jordan '90-'93 was likely at 47-50% from that same zone, better from inside 10 feet (short shots), and significantly better from 16-23 feet than Wade. They're not even close as shooters when you watch them in terms of form/mechanics, confidence in their shot, or efficacy.
    That's all well and good...but likely is not a fact or a statistic. They didn't keep the percentages of shots within these ranges back then, so unless you have some real concrete evidence...?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    That's all well and good...but likely is not a fact or a statistic. They didn't keep the percentages of shots within these ranges back then, so unless you have some real concrete evidence...?
    The poster PHILA compiled stats from like 150 games from 1990-1993 and Jordan was at 51% midrange. There is selection bias there (these were likely his better games), but not enough to make 51% become 44%. Pretty sure he was in the 47-49% range at a minimum.