Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: In New Book, Shaq Explains How Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySanchez

Shaq tears that ish up
    Wtf? Shaq never looked that fit during his playing days.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    Only Shaq would get in shape AFTER leaving the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRogers
    Pure comedy. Kobe was soooo horny that night.

Kobe Bryant - "That's when I asked if I could *** in her face, she said no

Detective - "So you like to *** in your partner's face?"

Kobe Bryant -" That's my thing, not always, so I stopped. Jesus Christ man"
    "That's my thing" lol.

Local High School Star

To those that say Shaq spoke well of Lebron/Nash during his time with the Cavs/Suns.. well its true, but the difference between his time in PHX/CLE and his earlier years is that he was nearing the end of his career. He wasn't the same Shaq who wanted to be the man or something close to it.. and that matters when it comes to things like tension. By the time he got to PHX and CLE, I get the feeling that it didn't matter to him what his role was and he didn't care to be the man at that point.

Besides his personality, I'm pretty sure that's why he's burned bridges with all the franchises (ORL/LAL/MIA) during the peak/prime/late-prime of his career.

Good tailer, can't hide bulk when your in a wife beater and shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    Only Shaq would get in shape AFTER leaving the game.

Magic Johnson

Shaq should know better. Look at Dwight's supporting cast. I'm sure he'd be racking up championships if he had another top 3-5 player in the game. Stop acting bitter and just support the kid.

i dont know how you can judge he is fit by that pic but yes all nba players are fit to some degree compared to the normal guy. he just looks extremely tall and in shape next to a midget shorty. pics are deceiving

How Shaquille O'Neal Demolished a Lakers Dynasty (Inside Stories)

The 1999-00 season was not without confrontation, O'Neal in one team meeting said, "I have something to say. I think Kobe is playing too selfishly for us to win." According to Jackson, "Kobe didn't have a selfish agenda; he just felt that the way he had been playing was the best way he could contribute. Gradually, he's seen there is a different way to contribute that incorporates more of the team." The coaches would also tell the team they did not see the selfishness in Bryant that the players saw. Tex Winter even put together a video for O'Neal to show that Bryant was playing his role correctly.

Upon arriving to the Lakers that season, Tex Winter said he was stunned to discover the level of hatred O'Neal expressed toward Bryant. "There was a lot of hatred in [O'Neal's] heart ... Kobe just took it and kept going." O'Neal regularly expressed to management that he did not believe the team could win a championship with Bryant. Winter observed that O'Neal influenced the entire team against Bryant. Winter thought that Bryant made it a point to get the ball to O'Neal that year, but O'Neal did not appreciate what Bryant was doing to help him. During that seasons All-Star warm-ups, O'Neal mimicked Bryant's crossover dribble but threw the ball into the stands to accentuate Bryant's turnovers.

In 2001, O'Neal came into training camp out of shape, which disappointed Jackson and also Bryant. Bryant was leading the league in scoring as 2001 began, and Jackson said Bryant was playing the best ball of his career. O'Neal was shooting below 50 percent during stretches, and his free throw shooting was in the 20 percent range. O'Neal requested a trade after a blowout win against the Phoenix Suns where Bryant scored 38 and O'Neal scored 18. Jackson commented that their actions were "juvenile" and they should appreciate each other and play as a team. Bryant would be criticized for forcing his offense and not involving his teammates enough. According to Bryant, the team's defense was the issue and not his increased role in the offense. Bryant said that "scoring shouldn't affect (O'Neal's) defense," while O'Neal maintained that "if the big dog ain't me, then the house won't get guarded

continued

Bryant and the Lakers would go to face the Orlando Magic in the 2009 NBA Finals. Shaq showed support for Kobe, on his Twitter page saying:

From Shaquille O’Neal’s upcoming autobiography:

“Big Baby” Davis kept looking me off and taking it himself. Doc is shouting at him to go inside, but he won’t. So Doc calls timeout and draws up a play for me. I go out there, and I back Andrew Bynum way under the rim. I’m loose, I’m ready. I’ve got Bynum under the basket and again, Baby won’t give me the ball. So I go up to him and say, “If you ever miss me again I’m going to punch you in the face.” I was hot.

Two nights later we’re playing in Sacramento and here we go again. I take three shots the entire game and again I’ve got my man isolated underneath the basket, and Baby ignores me and takes a jump shot. So the next time we’re in the huddle I let Baby have it.

I tell him, “Pass the [expletive] ball inside.” He comes back at me a little bit and now I’m really heated. All hell is breaking loose. We’re going back and forth. Doc is standing there and he’s not saying a word. The message is pretty clear: Work this out yourselves. I tell Baby, “You’re a selfish player. Everyone on this team knows it.” Hey, all the fans knew it. He takes shots when he shouldn’t.