Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: Why dont defenses pack the paint like a jumbled nightclub anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    I enjoyed this one:
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...1&postcount=76

But that's just you being ignorant. The worse ones are where you're caught inventing truths or stats to support an argument that should be able to stand on its own. Like I've always maintained, your debate skills and persuasive writing is so bad that it's a disservice to MJ.
    That's the best you can do?

Me forgetting that Pippen outscored Worthy by 1 point in 1991?

Pathetic - whatever point I was making certainly wasn't deterred by such a negligible statistical discrepancy

and that's the point - tiny statistical typos don't change the point being made.. you guys make bigger statistical errors but I don't harp on them because I can beat you on the SUBSTANCE

Good college starter BigShotBob's Avatar

How would OP know what the inside of a nightclub looks like?

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball

Pathetic - whatever point I was making certainly wasn't deterred by such a negligible statistical discrepancy

and that's the point - tiny statistical typos don't change the point being made.. you guys make bigger statistical errors but I don't harp on them because I can beat you on the SUBSTANCE
    MJ was a 3rd option in college

Can't be GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam2
    Jordan never faced skilled competition

Westbrook IS a modern MJ

And Harden is having a down year
    Le2011 is a gloryfied Ilt.

Not my King.

#selfproclaimedchokenone

:cry

#LeIlt

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

The real question is why defenses haven't yet deprogrammed themselves from helping on every drive (unless it's Harden). That like 95% of 3 pt shots are still wide open kills me. On the other hand, if other teams are still so scared of the two-pointer, then what's to say you need volume 3-point shooting to win? They've gotta be scared of the drive for a reason, right?

I hope something gives soon. Some team has to come with a defense that's all in on preventing open threes. Can a Harden or James really finish drives at such a high percentage if he has to do it 30 times a game?

Good college starter BigShotBob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brooks_thompson
    The real question is why defenses haven't yet deprogrammed themselves from helping on every drive (unless it's Harden). That like 95% of 3 pt shots are still wide open kills me. On the other hand, if other teams are still so scared of the two-pointer, then what's to say you need volume 3-point shooting to win? They've gotta be scared of the drive for a reason, right?

I hope something gives soon. Some team has to come with a defense that's all in on preventing open threes. Can a Harden or James really finish drives at such a high percentage if he has to do it 30 times a game?
    Teams like to play the percentages. So you help off of a 35% 3 point shooter for instance, and try to "make" that person beat you. But the variance on those shots are insane, because anyone can explode at any moment in time.

Like you I'd do the opposite and make the superstars beat me single-handedly while I completely shutdown their roleplayers. I've had that done against me in 2k and it's infuriating

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigShotBob
    Teams like to play the percentages. So you help off of a 35% 3 point shooter for instance, and try to "make" that person beat you. But the variance on those shots are insane, because anyone can explode at any moment in time.

Like you I'd do the opposite and make the superstars beat me single-handedly while I completely shutdown their roleplayers. I've had that done against me in 2k and it's infuriating
    Yeah, I'll admit that I'm just a spectator, so I don't know if the coaches know that the true star players are just that good. But I'm at the point where I want to find out. I'm tired of LBJ drawing just the help he wants so he can get the pass he's looking for. It seems scripted at this point. I wanna see these guys have to improvise for real. And I know they can do it to an extent...but to the extent where if you just leave them on an island with a solid defender, they'll beat you?

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball

By 1 point?

20.8 ppg
    vs
    19.3 ppg

= by one point in 1ball logic

another lying fail

pathetic. no wonder real gm banned your dumb ass

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam2
    By 1 point?

20.8 ppg
    vs
    19.3 ppg

= by one point in 1ball logic

another lying fail

pathetic. no wonder real gm banned your dumb ass
    ^^^ translation: I can't argue Lebron > MJ, so I'll focus on bullshit instead