Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Default Re: Where is Stephen Curry?

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam2
    Well? Where the hell is he?

I find it hilarious that you took a photo before the end of the game. Amusing that the only win for you people is a player not doing as well as he should be while you watch the playoffs the same way Lebron is right now, on the couch.

KD has clearly been the best player in round one though, and his 95 point games deserve a hell of a lot of credit. One of the best two games I've seen in a long time.
    Last edited by hold this L; 04-27-2019 at 09:54 AM.

Watching game 6 now. In the first quarter Van Gundy mentioned something i noticed, that Steph is actually being double teamed.....without the ball.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    Watching game 6 now. In the first quarter Van Gundy mentioned something i noticed, that Steph is actually being double teamed.....without the ball.
    It happens all the time. That’s been the blueprint for the best chance to shut down the warriors for almost 5 years now. Hard double Curry all the time and make the other Warriors beat you.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

thats been the standard since 2015 Finals. Chef provides GOAT gravity, you add klay's, and durants job is easy as cake.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Yep.

As his been pointed out above, this has been the standard since he made the leap.

It's like..."where's Steph?"

The guy putting up 25/7/5 71% TS who opens everything up for his teammates just be stepping on the court?

This is why I really hope KD leaves. Steph isn't at his peak anymore as he's gotten older, but he's way better than even most diehard fans realize.

And, I think KD is worse than most diehard fans realize. Hopefully we get to find out those answers with KD going to a new, non all-time loaded team, so he actually has to face adversity.

If KD goes to a team like that, dominates, and leads a team to a title...I'll gladly give him his due.

But, this is old hat by now, the Warriors just played a fun Clippers team that didn't have anyone that actually scares you. A team with the 21st ranked defense.

Like, is anyone surprised that KD went nuts for a few games? I'm just not sure what half of this forum was expecting or are expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Yep.

As his been pointed out above, this has been the standard since he made the leap.

The guy putting up 25/7/5 71% TS who opens everything up for his teammates just be stepping on the court?

This is why I really hope KD leaves. Steph isn't at his peak anymore as he's gotten older, but he's way better than even most diehard fans realize.

And, I think KD is worse than most diehard fans realize. Hopefully we get to find out those answers with KD going to a new, non all-time loaded team, so he actually has to face adversity.

If KD goes to a team like that, dominates, and leads a team to a title...I'll gladly give him his due.

But, this is old hat by now, the Warriors just played a fun Clippers team that didn't have anyone that actually scares you. A team with the 21st ranked defense.

Like, is anyone surprised that KD went nuts for a few games? I'm just not sure what half of this forum was expecting or are expecting.

Fair point

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    thats been the standard since 2015 Finals. Chef provides GOAT gravity, you add klay's, and durants job is easy as cake.
    You dont even watch the games.

Durant literally gets zero open looks in the warriors offense. Go watch the tape son.... hes hitting contested jumpers ALL GAME. Nothing easy. And hes getting doubled almost every possession.

Yoi guys are straight up liars and idiots. Dmavs doesnt watch games.

Yep.

Like, is anyone surprised that KD went nuts for a few games? I'm just not sure what half of this forum was expectiang or are expecting.
    You dont watch games. Shut the hell up. Curry doesnt open up anything for Durant. And those stats you cited are MEANINGLESS. he is a statpadder who does nothing when games are in the balance! He gets doubled OCCASIONALLY like any good 3 point shooter... not all game... and he certainly isnt giving Dursnt open looks all game . You literally have no idea what the **** you're talking about.

Its actually the other way around... DURANT OPENS UP THE GAME FOR STEPH. Theres a reason hes had his best finals statistically alongside Durant... Durants gravity is much stronger than Currys... and Durant is the far superior player on both ends so hes carrying the warriors when the game actually matters.

Simon... just stop bro.

Curry apologists are the worst humans on earth.

It's ok that he shits the bed in the finals every year because he gets doubled occasionally... gravity bro!!!! Goat gravity!!!

Meanwhile KD is hitting contested 30ft bombs as the game hangs in the balance and playing elite defense.... curry is setting screens

Got outscored 50 to 16 in a close out game on the road LMAO

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc.
    You dont watch games. Shut the hell up. Curry doesnt open up anything for Durant. And those stats you cited are MEANINGLESS. he is a statpadder who does nothing when games are in the balance! He gets doubled OCCASIONALLY like any good 3 point shooter... not all game... and he certainly isnt giving Dursnt open looks all game . You literally have no idea what the **** you're talking about.

Its actually the other way around... DURANT OPENS UP THE GAME FOR STEPH. Theres a reason hes had his best finals statistically alongside Durant... Durants gravity is much stronger than Currys... and Durant is the far superior player on both ends so hes carrying the warriors when the game actually matters.
    Even if you want to live in a reality in which Steph doesn't help his teammates get better looks at all.

He's still doing 25/7/5 71% TS...has averaged 27/6/6 on 62% TS over the last 5 years in the playoffs.

I'm not sure you are understanding just how good that is...combined with the rest of the roster.

Using words like "carrying" for Durant is some of the biggest horseshit I've ever seen.

If that is "carrying"....

What the hell did people like Hakeem, Duncan, Dirk, and even older Kobe do during title runs? What word are you going to use to describe them if you count what KD is doing with arguably the most loaded roster in NBA history relative to competition?

Even if you want to live in a reality in which Steph doesn't help his teammates get better looks at all.

He's still doing 25/7/5 71% TS...has averaged 27/6/6 on 62% TS over the last 5 years in the playoffs.

I'm not sure you are understanding just how good that is...combined with the rest of the roster.

Using words like "carrying" for Durant is some of the biggest horseshit I've ever seen.

What the hell did people like Hakeem, Duncan, Dirk, and even older Kobe do during title runs? What word are you going to use to describe them if you count what KD is doing with arguably the most loaded roster in NBA history relative to competition?
    Again... you keep citing stats... but if you actually watch the games and not just look at box scores you'll see the context of how those stats come about

Steph routinely waits until GS has a big lead AND THEN starts accumulating stats and playing with confidence. Hes a known front runner. I can't believe this isnt mainstream by now.

KD has a ton of help, I'm not disputing that. But it's not just steph. Dray and klay are arguably more important to the warriors than steph because of what they do on both ends. Dray is literally the warriors best defender, passer, and decision maker with the ball. Klay is the best at hitting shots when they need them. Curry is best at scoring when the game is out of balance in the 3rd or 4th quarter due to Durant carrying them. I say the word carrying because that's exactly how it goes down. Dray is a terrible scorer and the warriors have no depth... so while KD does have help the warriors are still flawed and rely on his shot making heavily in tightly contested games. This is just a fact. Durant is hitting tough contested jumpers all game every game and gets very little open looks.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc.
    Curry apologists are the worst humans on earth.

It's ok that he shits the bed in the finals every year because he gets doubled occasionally... gravity bro!!!! Goat gravity!!!

Meanwhile KD is hitting contested 30ft bombs as the game hangs in the balance and playing elite defense.... curry is setting screens

Got outscored 50 to 16 in a close out game on the road LMAO

He actually dropped 24. Not too far from his average.

Don't lie to try to get your opinions across because you wanna be different.

Btw I don't think you know what shitting the bed really means.

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    He actually dropped 24. Not too far from his average.

Don't lie to try to get your opinions across because you wanna be different.

Btw I don't think you know what shitting the bed really means.
    Another box score watcher

How many of those points came when the warriors didnt have a double digit lead?

Glad a moron like you could come in and make my point. Perfect timing.

What the hell did people like Hakeem, Duncan, Dirk, [COLOR="Red"]and even older Kobe do during title runs? [/COLOR]What word are you going to use to describe them if you count what KD is doing with arguably the most loaded roster in NBA history relative to competition?