Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    College superstar

Default Re: ESPN dropping Bill Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde
    I like Simmons at the draft....hopefully he isn't replaced with Tom Tolbert.
    Tom Tolbert was GOAT when it came to ethering Bill Walton during arguments.

New Englands guys are arrogants, biased racists. Simmons is a prick

Blatant annoying Boston homerism aside, I liked Bill Simmons. He knows his stuff, and can be pretty funny when he's not rambling on and on about Boston sports.

Grantland has some quality writers, such as Zach Lowe, who is amazing. I hope they don't go away.

ESPN's basketball coverage >>> TNT's and it's not even close. Other than EJ, TNT's crew is just a bunch of clowns trying to act the fool all the time. Their broadcasting teams are literally the worst. Chris Webber Steve Smith Didn't they also have Greg Anthony at one time? Reggie was only funny when he was playing off of Steve Kerr and Marv. TNT was only bearable before Shaq came aboard and they had Marv and Steve Kerr doing games.

Meanwhile, ESPN has Hubie JVG Doug Collins and Mike Breen and Mike Tirico, who are totally professional. Sure, they have goons like Jalen Rose and Mark Jackson, but overall, the quality and professionalism with ESPN's basketball coverage is so much better than TNT's. I usually watch TNT games with the TV muted.

PS - Simmons is still there until September when his contract expires.
    Last edited by Optimus Prime; 05-08-2015 at 02:22 PM.

shhhhhhh

Simmons was asking for 6 million per year. double his current rate

here's a business insider article from last year talking about his value to ESPN at 3 million per year...

http://www.businessinsider.com/grant...raffic-2014-10

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    Espn needs to wipe out the whole nba team and start over. Please get Van Gundy off TV
    damm right....mike breen needs to go too, as well as the living dead aka hubie brown

Just stop. Hubie is the GOAT and Mike Breen is more professional than anyone at TNT and it's not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    He's awful dude. Doesn't talk about the game and just babbles about irrelevant rule changes that will never happen... It could be a 90-90 game and he's ranting about some irrelevant shit
    exactly.......fukk gundy and all espn

College superstar

Hell yeah Hubie Brown is a great commentator. Amyone who disagrees was probably born in the 90s and don't know any better.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L8krH8tr
    New Englands guys are arrogants, biased racists. Simmons is a prick
    Racists? Like making sweeping statements about groups of people who happen to live together?

TNT studio guys > ESPN studio guys
    I like Jalen and Doug but compared to TNT's crew, they're like listening to a funeral eulogy, I like TNT's humor, it's basketball we're watching, it's entertainment, not a matter of life or death.

TNT commentators = ESPN commentators
    ESPN has more quality in this department but my fave commentator is Marv. I dislike Tirico, Van Gundy is amusing, Breen is good, so is Harlan. MJackson sucks, RMiller is ok, CWebb is good. Hubie is a legendary hoops mind..."there ya go big fella"

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    TNT studio guys > ESPN studio guys
    I like Jalen and Doug but compared to TNT's crew, they're like listening to a funeral eulogy, I like TNT's humor, it's basketball we're watching, it's entertainment, not a matter of life or death.

TNT commentators = ESPN commentators
    ESPN has more quality in this department but my fave commentator is Marv. I dislike Tirico, Van Gundy is amusing, Breen is good, so is Harlan. MJackson sucks, RMiller is ok, CWebb is good. Hubie is a legendary hoops mind..."there ya go big fella"
    JVG kills everyone imo. He's a strong basketball mind and he's actually funny.

Some of the TNT guys are alright (though Reggie is terrible) but they are all incredibly repetitive. They repeat the same 4 or 5 lines all game.

When the TNT studio guys aren't clowing around acting the fool, they can be quite good. Problem is, especially since Shaq arrived, they are pretty much always acting like fools.

Jalen is awful (but he has a few gems every now and then), but Collins is great, and then of course there is Sage Steele.

The TNT broadcast crew is abysmal. Marv/Kerr/Reggie was the only good team, but without Kerr, Reggie is exposed as rather terrible. Hubie > anything TNT has to offer, and that's not even counting JVG, Breen and Tirico. ESPN is solid, while I find TNT's crew to be juvenile and irritating.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

I mean... bummer if this means the end of the Grantland era.

But one silver lining is the return of the Draft Diaries since he presumably won't be covering them anymore. Unless another network snatches him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
    When the TNT studio guys aren't clowing around acting the fool, they can be quite good. Problem is, especially since Shaq arrived, they are pretty much always acting like fools.

Jalen is awful (but he has a few gems every now and then), but Collins is great, and then of course there is Sage Steele.

The TNT broadcast crew is abysmal. Marv/Kerr/Reggie was the only good team, but without Kerr, Reggie is exposed as rather terrible. Hubie > anything TNT has to offer, and that's not even counting JVG, Breen and Tirico. ESPN is solid, while I find TNT's crew to be juvenile and irritating.
    That avatar though.

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    Simmons was asking for 6 million per year. double his current rate

here's a business insider article from last year talking about his value to ESPN at 3 million per year...

http://www.businessinsider.com/grant...raffic-2014-10
    That doesn't mean shit. They pay Screamin A 3 mil. He's a ****ing moron who condones domestic violence. ESPN already sucks but this nails it. He may be a homer and somewhat douchey, but he's self aware and admits it. At least his allegiances are front and center unlike half the talent ESPN trots out there, and when he wants to be, he's an excellent and entertaining writer.

Nothing like a fair take from Bill Polian and Jeff Saturday on Ballghazi.