Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Default JA Adande: "Kobe is the best option for a last-second shot in the history of the NBA"

http://www.espn.go.com/blog/truehoop...bad-situations

Why does this guy have a job ANYWHERE? He's a blatant LAME. He writes for the biggest sports-media organization in the world and he's writing sh*t like this?

He needs to be fired TODAY. Dude post no numbers to support his hyperbole bullsh*t. Nothing. Nada.

You see, this is my #1 problem with Laker fans. They talk big sh*t but never support their premise with hard data. They just talk, and talk, and talk, and talk till the cows come home knowing they can rely on the sheer numbers of their fanbase to drive a certain point even though its not true.

They are clearly the worst fanbase in sports.

And getting back to Adande -- this hack job journalist would get ripped to shreds on ISH.

So why is he employed by ESPN?
    Last edited by PleezeBelieve; 12-07-2009 at 11:17 AM.

Default Re: JA Adande: "Kobe is the best option for a last-second shot in the history of the NBA"

what do you expect, dude worked for LAtime, and is a laker homer just like simmons is a celtic homer.

shhhhhhh

Default Re: JA Adande: "Kobe is the best option for a last-second shot in the history of the NBA"

actually phil said it, but if you need to shoot the messenger fell free....

The most telling statement was made just outside the Laker locker room, where Phil Jackson stood outside waiting for an electric cart to drive him down the tunnel and to his car. I told him Kobe’s shot showed why I’d take Bryant over anyone in the final seconds, even the guy who used to wear No. 23. That caused Jackson to raise his eyebrows. Now maybe with six seconds left, enough time to create a good look, I’d go with Jordan. But with only enough time to take a dribble or two, or to catch and fire, I’d go with the best bad shot-maker ever. Because even when it’s a bad shot, Kobe gives you a good shot at winning.

Jackson processed it all, then said two words that resonated as much as Bryant’s three-pointer: “I agree.”
    http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...bad-situations

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled
    what do you expect, dude worked for LAtime, and is a laker homer just like simmons is a celtic homer.
    One pro-Kobe article and he's a Laker homer. Typical.

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalD24
    actually he confessed his homerism on the podcast with simmons a year back. it was before 2008 final, go look it up and listen to it.

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Default Re: JA Adande: "Kobe is the best option for a last-second shot in the history of the

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalD24
    Doeant matter if its only 'one' pro-Kobe article. He made a proclamation w/o any data to support it.

That's called being a hack.

Stop making excuses....

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    You see, this is my #1 problem with Laker fans. They talk big sh*t but never support their premise with hard data. They just talk, and talk, and talk, and talk till the cows come home knowing they can rely on the sheer numbers of their fanbase to drive a certain point even though its not true.
    74-8, back that up Jash.

Default Re: JA Adande: "Kobe is the best option for a last-second shot in the history of the

Doeant matter if its only 'one' pro-Kobe article. He made a proclamation w/o any data to support it.

Stop making excuses....

Read the article Jash, Phil stated that, and this has already been posted.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    actually phil said it, but if you need to shoot the messenger fell free....

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...bad-situations
    It seems like Phil agreed to what Adande said.

Anyway, it's not outrageous to be thinking this. The guy is skilled enough that he can put up any shot. That's the hardest part, putting the shot up. If you can do that, the rest will take care of itself and some shots will inevitably fall.

You have to be very skilled to be able to put up any shot in 1-2 seconds. It takes SKILL. There are better shooters and there are more deadly spot up shooters to end the game on a set play. But with the game on the line and 2 seconds... I'm not sure anyone having been better. Jordan wasn't better in this department. Reggie Miller also was not -- he was a better spot up shooter though. Bird is the only one I think has a legitimate case.

There will always be idiots who write the stupidest sh:t ever.

For example:

[LIST][*]"Suns are the Western Conference favorites"[*]"Lakers fans cheering for the Magic have a reality check coming..."
    [/LIST]

shhhhhhh

Stop making excuses....
    no phil said it you moron, he just passed it on... are you really this dense?

Decent college freshman

Give me Larry, every single time.

"Master of the half-inch."

Quote Originally Posted by Phong
    There will always be idiots who write the stupidest sh:t ever.

For example:

[LIST][*]"Suns are the Western Conference favorites"[*]"Lakers fans cheering for the Magic have a reality check coming..."
    [/LIST]

Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Give me Larry, every single time.

"Master of the half-inch."
    Larry in the past, Kobe today?

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers13
    Larry in the past, Kobe today?
    Yes in today's game Bryant is the best.