Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Ben Wallace reponse to Artests recent quotes

Quote Originally Posted by hoopaddict08
    He should have never brought it up. It almost sounds fake. If he was buying liquor at halftime, wouldn't the liquor store owner have said something to the media by now? Not to mention its kind of hard to hide something like this from other players/coaches. The locker-room isn't that big.

I think Artest just likes the attention.
    i think he's just a clown and a jokester. i started taking everything ron says as a joke awhile ago. whenever he says something, i say eh this clown isn't serious. i doubt the lakers give 2 shts what artest says just as long as he shows up to their games sober and ready to go. i mean they have an owner who is how old and runs around with multiple models, snorting cocaine, the product of the devil, yet they care about what ron artest was doing during his early nba career? nahhh..

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    It's funny, if KG had backed down after being directly challenged by Ben Wallace and then ran into the stands to smack some "little white guy" (who wasn't even to blame for the cup-throwing) everyone would be saying what a punk bully he is. And yet somehow Artest does it but is still unquestioned as a tough guy. I call bull****.

Artest's boxer training may give him an advantage in a fight. Being a crazy idiot? Not so much. A focused, intelligent fighter that is calmly thinking about how he's going to destroy you is far more dangerous than an opponent that's just lashing out however he can. The former is thinking about ways to break your body down, attacking joints, cutting off breathing, how to knock you out, etc. The latter is just striking however he can, and while he may cause you pain he won't think nearly as much about debilitating you. If Artest fights like an intelligent boxer (which I doubt; brawling is not boxing, they'd undoubtedly end up locking up and then whoever wrestled the other one down would have the advantage) then he's got a good shot, although keeping Wallace from tying him up would be hard with no rules. There's a reason why wrestlers generally do better in MMA than strikers. But seeing as, as far as we know, Wallace has no fight training that could be a slight edge for Artest, although again, if he just goes nuts and forgets his training then it won't matter.
    yeah against another trained boxer, your rite, but from what i know wallace isn't a trained boxer. your looking way into things imo.

I rule the local playground

I'd put my money on Artest. Big Ben is bigger and stronger although not overwhelmingly but Artest is a trained boxer. Artest would win.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    yeah against another trained boxer, your rite, but from what i know wallace isn't a trained boxer.
    I'm talking about the "crazy" factor that some of the posters think gives Artest an advantage. If Artest really fights like a trained boxer (which isn't guaranteed when he's in the heat of battle, it's not like he's been in even one real match) then he's not fighting crazy. If Wallace is fighting with a cooler head (not a guarantee either, we don't know how he fights at all) then I give him the advantage because even an untrained fighter can think about things like leverage and headlocks.
    your looking way into things imo.
    I've said this before, way too many times: I don't write posts for lazy readers.

Local High School Star KB2009Champ's Avatar

did you hear the interview or just read about it?

Its an article dude. DOes listening to it change anything. Those are his quotes. smdh

Quote Originally Posted by KB2009Champ
    Its an article dude. DOes listening to it change anything. Those are his quotes. smdh
    what the fck is smdh?
    [COLOR="White"]sorry im a grown asss man and not a teenage girl[/COLOR]

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

what the fck is smdh?
    [COLOR="White"]sorry im a grown asss man and not a teenage girl[/COLOR]
    I assume it's a play on "SMH" meaning "shaking my head" with the D representing "damn". It's the latest crazy in internet acronyms, surely to fade away within months time.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

I'd love to see Wallace KO Artest.

Good High School Starter Rafael Delaget's Avatar

He is 35, in basketball that might be old, but I'm sure the guy can hold his own in a fight.

I'd like to see Artest actually box before people start acting like he is Mike Tyson. Although he might try and bite Ben's ear off.
    Artest's power is discombobulatingly devastating.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lyin
    April is FAR away.
    you lost me

Good college starter Kevin_Garnett_5's Avatar

It's funny, if KG had backed down after being directly challenged by Ben Wallace and then ran into the stands to smack some "little white guy" (who wasn't even to blame for the cup-throwing) everyone would be saying what a punk bully he is. And yet somehow Artest does it but is still unquestioned as a tough guy. I call bull****.
    This. I remember when Garnett and Wallace were in each others face in Game 7 vs Cleveland, neither of them backed down.

Banned

I think Artest could beat Wallace. Artest throws punches like a boxer. All we know about Ben is he looks big and mean.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_Garnett_5
    This. I remember when Garnett and Wallace were in each others face in Game 7 vs Cleveland, neither of them backed down.

No but he sure did backpedal when Mcdyess came at him when he was on the Timberwolves.

Good college starter Kevin_Garnett_5's Avatar

No but he sure did backpedal when Mcdyess came at him when he was on the Timberwolves.
    I have no idea what that has to do with my post but ok....i guess?

High School Varsity 6th Man

What the hell does this thread have to do with Kevin Garnett? LMAO at this guy

Anyways, the difference between Garnett and Artest is, Artest gets a cup of beer thrown at him which causes him to fight the guy that he thinks threw it at him, while Garnett doesn't need any cause, he just picks on players or takes cheap shots just for fun.